The Key to Victory - Page 4


What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 4 of 87 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 868
  1. #31
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Fuerteventura
    Posts
    2,609
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore ghostcat
    My communities:

    Trinham's Response
    Seeing that Dellex has left one of his lackeys in the room, Trinham is very careful when testing has bonds. In the end he manages to loosen them enough, so that they will be easy to should it become necessary.

    Just then, Trinham hears a strange voice in his head. Suspicious but not immediately hostile, he thinks back Who are you? Why do you want to help and how do I know I can trust you?

 

  • #32
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    Lughart's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    309
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Lughart
    My communities:

    HM
    Nobility & Royalty: 17

  • #33
    Registered User
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    Dragonwriter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Southern California, US
    Posts
    2,465
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Dragonwriter
    My communities:

    Jareth makes a small gasp, his anger suddenly overwhelmed by surprise and, though he won't even admit it to himself, a touch of fear. He tries to catch Trinham's eye, cocking one ear forward, then flicking his own eyes up.

    HM

    Who the hell is entering my mind? What are you? Some kind of mage?


    In the back of his mind, though his conscious brain has yet to notice it, there are already things he is learning, filing away in a mental repository. What manner of strikes worked today, what method he should use, a way to stretch his magics a little further... And a way to move swiftly and strike, then get back out of reach...

  • #34
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    Fangor the Fierce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    2,230
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Fangor the Fierce
    My communities:

    Knowing that she was not one to keep waiting, Mal shakes his head, and runs off to the others. He is a bit more awake, and not as somber, as he spies Darling with the rest of the adventurers. He moves to the table, taking care to prevent others from bumping into him.

    As he approaches Elms, he claps the mans' shoulder, giving him a welcome. He takes Darlings hand and bows, as is his custom before turning to the newcomer Cedric, and offering his hand to shake. "I am sorry, but there is an urgent situation that needs some attention. As I have seen how you perform in battle, your audience is being requested. If you don't care to partake of this request, then that is your choice. All I can say is that my master is here, and she would care to speak to us on an urgent matter..."

    He turns, taking his leave and hoping the others follow him to the rear of the building, as he notes the spot he had fallen, and stops... waiting on the others.

  • #35
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Scratched_back's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    North England, UK.
    Posts
    282
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Scratched_back
    Nodding at Cedric's small outburst, Elms stared thoughtfully at the wayhouse that his former battle-allies had just been marched into. "Something isn't right here. I was watching the battle from the trees for a few minutes before it became safe for me to get to that huge barricade... they were both into it, neck deep. That young red-headed lad was a bloody daemon with that weapon of his. I saw him put an end to four or five of those Treylor dogs with my own eyes! They can't think that there was any treachery involved... can they? But what the hell else would they be dragged away like that for?".

    As Elms is thinking, Malaroc approaches and claps him on the shoulder. Looking up, Elms nods at the man. "Urgent, you say? More urgent that this business right here?" He gestures towards the way house. "You didnt see, did you? Theyve locked up two of the men that we stood shoulder to shoulder with earlier!" Malaroc was speaking but Elms, still brooding, only heard part of what the man said.

    All thoughts of merriment aside, Elms gently unwrapped Darling's arm from around his shoulder and hauled himself to his feet. Despite the fair amount of ale they had put away, his mind seemed clear. The strange procession had produced a remarkably sobering effect. "I'm not bloody happy.". Elms spat in the dirt, a scowl showing on his scarred face. "I shouldn't be getting involved in all this, I have my own job to do, but this isn't right. Those lads in there saved lives and they've been thrown into some make-shift cell for nothing.".

    As Malaroc turns and leaves, looking somewhat pre-occupied, Elms turns back to Darling and Cedric, as he scratched his thick stubble with a grubby finger tip, a lopsided smile appears on his face. "I'm going to spring them out of there.". Elms chuckled as Darling and Cedric said nothing, absorbing what he said, and he raises a hand ""Now don't get me wrong, ol' Elms here has every respect for the law of the land... more than you know, really... but this is no law I ever heard of. Locking up heroes? This is a joke and I ain't laughing.".

    Eager to recruit an extra body for his newly-determined cause, Elms realises that Malaroc wasnt listening to him and, looking left and right, spots the man disappearing quickly to the rear of the inn. Checking his sword, his bolas on his belt and his purse, Elms sets off after the man at a light jog.

  • #36
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Sugar_Silk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    103
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Sugar_Silk
    Suddenly alone at the table, Darling took a moment to clear her head. Nothing seemed to be making sense, and she wondered for a moment if her drinks had been spiked. As Elms disappeared around the building after Malaroc, she stood up slowly from the table and used her fingers to draw quick shapes over her eyes. 'Aufero velum.'

    ooc

    Cast 'Detect Magic'

    Spells per Day
    Level 0: [x] [x]


    Moving slowly to follow, Darling looked up and down the street. The thought crossed her mind that she didn't really know any of these people. It was obvious that none of her fellow pawns knew who's hands were moving them. How long would it be until they were all sacrificed for the greater plans of some unknown mastermind? She could leave them all to their fates, find a comfortable place to wait out the night... maybe even add some coin to her purse, but then what? How many armies were gathering in the shadows? How long before the village would be attacked again? At least her companions had a few connections, and more to go off of than the peasants.

    She rounded the corner, looking calm and collected, but keeping a weary eye out for anything unusual.
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/5266288-post73.html

  • #37
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    Lughart's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    309
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Lughart
    My communities:

    Cedric was conflicted between concience and common sense. This Elms had a point, it made no sense to imprison someone who just risked their lives for you. On the other hand, springing prisoners from jail, no matter how flimsy the facilities, carried the death sentence. If there actually was corruption in the upper ranks, they had no guarrantee of even getting a fair trial. Should the imprisonment be just, they could risk hanging for nothing. If it wasn't, however, he could end up passing on a great opportunity to make a name for himself, and condemn innocent people to jail in the process. The ale wasn't making his internal dilemma any simpler.

    He could have sword he had even seen a royal servant in the procession driving the prisoners, making the thought of foul play even more chilling. The speculation was giving him a headache. He silently vowed to do nothing until he had learned more.

    Mals proposal was much easier to cope with. Urgent matter, combat, even a chance to learn something about him by meeting his master. Cedric stood up, urged Far up on his shoulder, and walked after the others.

  • #38
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore HolyMan
    My communities:

    The group walks around to the back of the building and suddenly Darling gets a major ache inside her head. Magic is present, muiltple spells of great strength. She has to let the spell go or risk having her head feel like a melon smashed with a mace. Then...

    "Is that everyone then, Kamati?" the voice asks in everyone's head. Then each of you hear Malaroc's voice inside your head.

    "Yes it is," he says thinks in answer to the feminine voice.

    "Very well I did not see some of them on the battlefield this day but I did see the two locked up inside this building and they will be of great help in the task I must set out before you. Before you all." she continues.

    "Put away your thoughts of revenge on the Treylor, young red haired bon'dradi. If successful in this task, I do not believe the Treylor will invade the Five Kingdoms."

    "Do not worry of wealth graceful griffion rider, for the reward of this quest will be more than you could spend in two lifetimes."

    "Put away your bitterness for what has gone before wizard. The deeds of the past can always be covered by the deeds of the present."

    "And you young warrior-wizard, do not let the few who treat you wrongly make it so that you lack trust for the many."

    "And city man I like your train of thought so far," the voice says with a hint of a smile you can almost feel. "But patience, first you must know what you are going to do before you act, at least once this day."

    OOC
    There got it so everyone can still RP together and Jareth and Trinham are still tied up. Am I good or what.
    OOC


    Didn't forget your knowledge roll Lughart will post that tommorrow. Please everyone continue like what I read tonight.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #39
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Scratched_back's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    North England, UK.
    Posts
    282
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Scratched_back
    Stood perfectly still, frozen to the spot, Elms wondered what the hell he was hearing. Turning his head he could see Cedric, Malaroc and Darling all stood nearby wearing suitable surprised expressions... well... perhaps not Malaroc, he looked peaceful, almost reverent.

    "What the hell is going on here, Malaroc? What is this voice I hear? Some kind of trickery?". Then slowly, suspiciously, he thought "Who... what... you like my thoughts? You call me 'city man'. Nobody here knows anything about me, what else do you know of me?".

    Shaking his head at the strange event, Elms walks forward, hand on the pommel of the sword sheathed at his hip, trying to spot anything out of the ordinary in the immediate area.


  • #40
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Fuerteventura
    Posts
    2,609
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore ghostcat
    My communities:

    Glancing over at Trinham, Jareth sees that he appears to be slightly distracted. However, Trinham responses to Jareth gesture and says "Calm down Jareth. Cool thinking not anger is required to get us out of this." Nodding toward the guard, Trinham continues "After all Lord Dellex only has the good of the kingdom at heart. As soon as he realises that we have had nothing to do with the Reygurian he'll let us go."

    Becoming aware of the mind link, he thinks And if you believe that, I have a treasure map to sell you.

    OOC
    Trying to Bluff the guard. (+4) but should have a significant situation bonus due to Dellex thinking Trinham is just a country bumpkin.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 4 of 87 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. That was a close victory, indeed!
      By Thanee in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 20
      Last Post: Saturday, 16th April, 2005, 12:30 PM
    2. Snatching victory from the jaws of...victory
      By WanderingMonster in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: Tuesday, 2nd March, 2004, 05:05 AM
    3. Here's a way to munchkin your way to victory
      By Edena_of_Neith in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 12
      Last Post: Wednesday, 2nd July, 2003, 07:51 AM
    4. V for Victory!
      By ErichDragon in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: Sunday, 6th April, 2003, 11:34 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •