The Key to Victory

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth grows more concerned about the time taken until the search finally reveals something. He looks at the strange partially-open door and shrugs. "Want to try forcing it, or look for a catch or something?"

He pauses as he looks at the door again. "Just be ready for anything when that door opens," he warns, white-knuckling his chain.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Aver examines the drawbridge in detail, and turns to the dragon shaman, "Might need you to give me a boost up to examine the top, I'll take a crack at getting this thing open. Might be able to disconnect the chains or some such since there is a gap. But first a quick check over for traps..."

The rat faced elf purses his lips and examines the portal in detail going over everything thrice. Finally seeming satisfied he removes a set of delicate steel tools, picks, wedges, pliers, and strange oddments of twisted wire and sets to work with a will trying to get the drawbridge to open - a process which involves a great deal of swearing and cursing.

Last edited:

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Mal had taken the guard duty as well, but scanning the bodies for movement as well. When called upon to inspect the gateway, Mal nods at Avers' request, looking above to see where best to inspect the door. Once Aver was ready, he climbs above, allowing the rogue a way to check for traps from above.

jackslate45

First Post
Ern waits patiently for news from Aver, all the while looking and observing the rest of the party. She had seen the fighting abilities of all these people, and even gained some respect for them. The spells and abilities they wielded were amazing.

However, one respect that she had the most for was one who could open locked doors. She had options of her own to open trapped doors... Poor monkeys... Ern thinks with a sigh, but never to open a locked door.

However, waiting was part of the game. Watching Aver with hope in her heart of leaving this hole, Ern prays for some success soon.

ghostcat

First Post
Trinham and Moggins don't find anything in the section they have been searching. They have just about to given searching when Aver find the drawbridge. As Trinham does not have any expertise in trap-finding or disabling, he un-ships, draws and loads his crossbow and keeps watch, while some of the others are distracted.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
"I really need a better set of tools." Aver grumbles as he works at the drawbridge, "my jiggly wrench is too stiff - and that ain't a euphemism - and I just don't have the selection of picks I'd like. But you work with what you have I suppose..."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
It takes Aver a little time to get the stone door open enough so the others can pull it down. But soon the stone drawbridge like door is down revealing a long narrow room.

And since the party was searching for a chest they found the right place. The room is lined with chests of all shapes and sizes. They are stacked along both walls and by the cobwebs and dust they must have been sitting in here for years. All save one that is...

At the very back of the room a lone chest sits by itself. No dust or cobwebs touch this one. The only thing around is an old skeleton in shredded garments most of the things bones missing or broken. The chest is very large although rather plan in appearance.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
"We can spare the time for me to look for traps properly right, because it looks like our late friend there had a run in with something sharp..." Aver says licking his lips. Taking care to avoid areas he has not thoroughly search Aver slowly advances checking anything and everything in painstaking detail.

OOC: Taking 20 searching the room for a 32.

ghostcat

First Post
Trinham helps the others lower the drawbridge and then interestedly peers into the room. Spotting the large chest and hearing Aver mention traps he says. "Hang on Aver. There may me a magical trap. Give me a minute to check." So saying Trinham casts a quick spell, stares intently at the chest and then slowly scans the whole room.

[sblock=Actions]Cast detect magic (lasts for 5 mins.)
First study the chest for the full three rounds. Then use the remainder of the spell studying the rest of the room, including the floor and ceiling.

Take 10 on Spellcraft (+13) for 23.[/sblock][sblock=Statblock]Defence: AC 15, HP 23/23

Attack:
Crossbow, Light +5 1d8 19-20/x2 80'
Dagger +4 1d4+1 19-20/x2
Dagger (Thrown) +5 1d4 19-20/x2 10'
Longsword +4 1d8+1 19-20/x2

Saves: Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4

Crossbow Bolts: 30, 29, 28, ??

Code:
[b]Active Spells:[/b]
[i]Spell            Rounds Remaining[/i]
Detect Magic		100

[sblock="Spell List"]Sorcerer Level 0 Spells: Daze, Detect magic, Flare, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand.
Sorcerer Level 1 Spells: Color Spray, Grease, Magic Missile
Sorcerer level 2 Spells: Protection from Arrows
[/sblock][sblock="Spells Per Day"]0 Level: (X) (_) (_) (_) (_)
1 Level: (_) (_) (_) (_) (_) (_)
2 Level: (_) (_) (_) (_)[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=Detect Magic Results] Also remember Detect Magic has concentration as part of it's duration.

There are multiple auras in this room. 3 come from 3 different chests stacked along the walls. And 2 more come from inside chests stacked along the walls. No magic is detected near the large chest at the end of the room or coming from the chest itself. [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases