The Key to Victory

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Aver's diligent search is very time consuming but is not fruitless. The young elf discovers no traps about floor or ceiling as he moves into the room. And although not a trap he does notice something very unique as he nears the large chest at the end of the room.

The cleared floor around the large chest is marked as if stone had scrapped stone. Looking to the ceiling shows the same types of marks parallel to the ones on the floor.

His elven eyes take in the wall behind the chest and note that the wall is in fact one large secret door.

[sblock=Map] adding a map that is not to scale to help with what I mean. Red x's are the other chest. Blue box is the large chest. and brown line shows the scraped shape. Aver has not looked around the chest or the back wall yet. [/sblock]

Attachments

• quick map.jpg
    quick map.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 55

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
"Ah, we've got ourselves a secret door!" Aver enthuses, "Looks like this whole back wall pivots. What do you think should I try to open up the chests first? There's a risk they are some sort of sham to alert something or someone to folks in here that shouldn't be, but that's a big if and they might be stuffed full of treasure. Thoughts?"

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth frowns, mentally debating the options. "I say we leave the chests as they are. Just in case there is something you missed on them, and we aren't really in a position to haul extra things with us. Better just to get what we came for and not tempt fate."

jackslate45

First Post
Ern was a little confused. Granted, she had never been this far back, but still. "A secret door in a treasure room? I am a little concerned about it. What if when we grab the chest, the wall swings around?"

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
"Well I'm checking the chests at some point, I'm a thief after all, not renowned for my caution in these matters, not all of them even detect as having magic in place. Besides you never know we might be missing out on something important. We should deal with the door first then come back and check I think." Aver says staring longingly at the chests.

"But that aside I had best go check out the big chest up there, give me five minutes..." One again the elf advances cautiously thoroughly examining everything before he steps forward and moving slowly up to the chest which he inspects intently.

OOC: Take 20 for the chest and back of the room for a 32.

ghostcat

First Post
Trinham who has been quite up this this point, although he did laugh out loud when Em stated disecting Aver's love life, interjects "Given the lack of magic on the big chest and the arrangement of the secret door, this spells T.R.A.P. to me. Anyway we have got the rope. How about looping it round the chest and pulling? Preferably from outside the room." He then instructs Moggins to get out of the room; just in case.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
"And what if there is a pressure sensor, or a plate beneath the chest that triggers when its weight is removed and fills the room with poison gas? Or if a it triggers a fireball? Let me check it out first this is what I do! And I barely ever get nearly hanged for it, less than one time out of twenty." Aver says, tutting as he inches forward.

"Point is trap makers aren't idiots, generally they are crafty sadists who can anticipate every little stratagem you can, except they spend longer thinking about them so probably do it better. Making assumptions doesn't make an ass out of u and me in that case, it blows my ass off and coats you in me innards so give me five minutes before we start innovating hey?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Aver checks one corner of the back wall and finding nothing moves his way over to the large chest. He peers behind it as best he can and on the floor looking for a pressure plate. Nothing.

The chest is average and free of dust and webs. Looking at it he wonders if it is trapped as well...

OCC: Spot check plz DC rolled below.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
As Aver nears the chest a odd lump grabs his attention. He gets down to see if it is just warped wood and...

A round pod like arm jets from the side of the chest to catch the elf across the side of the head. He sees stars instantly. The rest of the group sees the chest move and the lid lift up revealing row upon row of sharp teeth.

[sblock=Combat]

Code:
[U]Character       AC  HP  InHand/Condition[/U]
Jareth          17  34  spikedchain/none
Malaroc         16  [COLOR=Olive][COLOR=Yellow]16[/COLOR][/COLOR]  d.gauntlets/[I][COLOR=olive]aura-DR1[/COLOR][/I]
Cedric          13[COLOR=Yellow]   7[/COLOR]  c.bow/none
Aver            [COLOR=White]14[/COLOR][COLOR=Yellow]   2  [/COLOR]none/none
Trinham         15  [COLOR=Yellow]19[/COLOR]  l.sword/none
Tira            18  ??  s.sword/none
Ernestine       [COLOR=White]13[/COLOR][COLOR=Yellow] [COLOR=White] 11[/COLOR][/COLOR]  c.bow/none
Mimic           15  52  none/none
[/sblock][sblock=Actions]
Suprise Round:
Jareth - none
Cedric - none
Aver - none
Ernestine - none
Tira - none
Malaroc - none
Trinham - none
Mimic- attack Aver (hit - dmg: 9 - 1DR = 8)
[/sblock]

OOC: ROLL INIT if you beat the mimic please post an action.

Attachments

• K2V rd1.jpg
    K2V rd1.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

Remove ads