The Key to Victory

jackslate45

First Post
Init

"AVER!" Ern shouts in surprise. What the f... Great...How am I to be believed if this happens when something like this happens?!

"I had no idea about this I swear!"

[sblock=Stats]
Code:
HP: 11/11
AC: 13 FF: 10 T: 13
F: +2 R: +3 W: +2

Crossbow: +4 1d8 

0: Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1: Benign Transposition, Summon Monster I x 3, Grease
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Aver gasps in pain as once more his blood flows freely forth, he barely manages to keep his feet. "Technically that wasn't a trap so it does not foul up my record." He manages weakly.

Then before the chest can strike again he leaps away attempting to avoid offering up a chance for the creature to strike through a series of desperate acrobatics and flips! Landing besides the foremost of his companions he chants and sends an orb of acid hurtling towards the creature.

OOC: Watch how I don't metagame even though I know Mimics are immune to acid *sob* Tumbles back to stand next to Trinham (I believe that's Trinham?)

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth gasps as the "chest" reveals itself to be something rather different. What in the world is that thing? is the first thing to come to his mind, even as he starts the right head of his chain spinning. "Just kill it!" he shouts as his weapon becomes a blur.

OOC: Edited the following in, after Correct Init

He steps forward, weapon sparking as it flies through the air towards the strange chest-monster.

[sblock=OOC]
Gotta wait on Init... Actually, the second roll. Much as I would like to keep the first roll (;)), I know I can't. And I also don't know how I managed to type in "12d20." :p

Anyways, forward, in front of Trinham, and Channel a Shocking Grasp through the Chain.

Jareth AC 17, HP 34/34
Spells:
0-level: Used 0/6
1-level: Used 1/6
2-level: Used 0/3

Quick Cast: Used 0/1
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ghostcat

First Post
"OK Aver. Keep your hair on. It was only a suggestions." Trinham responds to Aver's tirade.

Trinham is startled when the chest attacks Aver and by the time he has recovered, Jareth has already moved in for the kill and Aver has managed to roll away. Pointing his finger at his target, he mutters a single arcane word, "Flecha". Three sparks shoot out from his fingers and unerringly hit the chest.

[sblock=Action]Cast Magic Missile.[/sblock][sblock=Statblock]Defence: AC 15, HP 23/23

Attack:
Crossbow, Light +5 1d8 19-20/x2 80'
Dagger +4 1d4+1 19-20/x2
Dagger (Thrown) +5 1d4 19-20/x2 10'
Longsword +4 1d8+1 19-20/x2

Saves: Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4

Crossbow Bolts: 30, 29, 28, ??

Code:
[b]Active Spells:[/b]
[i]Spell            Rounds Remaining[/i]

[sblock="Spell List"]Sorcerer Level 0 Spells: Daze, Detect magic, Flare, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand.
Sorcerer Level 1 Spells: Color Spray, Grease, Magic Missile
Sorcerer level 2 Spells: Protection from Arrows
[/sblock][sblock="Spells Per Day"]0 Level: (X) (_) (_) (_) (_)
1 Level: (_) (_) (_) (_) (_) (_)
2 Level: (_) (_) (_) (_)[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Mal was watching the doorway, making sure that the place didn't close in on them or that those zombies did not awaken again. As Aver's tirade ensues, Mal turns to face the rogue, wondering just how he managed to live this long with a disdain for personal protection. As he contemplates it, his mouth opens to warn Aver. When the chest sprouts a limb and smacks Aver upside the head, Mal wonders if there was a little more to this thing called Karma.

Without thinking, Mal reaches back, grabs a javelin, and throws it full force at the monster, calling out, "Looks like a trap to me!"

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Round 1.5

Malaroc's javelin thinks into the side of the chest. And the beasts gives a loud growl. Jareth quickly moves forward and swings his spiked chain at the beast missing by inches, although the sparks lick at the chest monsters hide.

Cedric comes running up as Far flaps angrily and comes to land among the stacked chest. "Here! Here! I know what this is. Are you stuck? You will need this," he says pulling forward a flask.

Aver pulls away and moves past the wizard, "Hmm guess your not... whoa!" Cedric starts to say then ducking the pod like arm as it flails around joined by a second one.

Trinham's spell goes off hitting the creature with three bolts of magical energy as Tira draws forth her bow. "Your to bunched up I can't get a clear shot!" she instructs the men.

Ernestine speaks in a totally different language as she casts a spell to summon forth a celestial dog to help in the fight.

[sblock=Combat]

POSTED IN INIT ORDER

Code:
[U]Character       AC  HP  InHand/Condition[/U]
Malaroc         16  [COLOR=Olive][COLOR=Yellow]16[/COLOR][/COLOR]  d.gauntlets/[I][COLOR=olive]aura-DR1[/COLOR][/I]
Jareth          17  34  spikedchain/none
Cedric          13[COLOR=Yellow]   7[/COLOR]  c.bow/none
Aver            [COLOR=White]14[/COLOR][COLOR=Yellow]   2  [/COLOR]none/none
Mimic           15  [COLOR=Yellow]46[/COLOR]  none/none
Trinham         15  [COLOR=Yellow]19[/COLOR]  l.sword/none
Tira            18  ??  s.bow/none
Ernestine       [COLOR=White]13[/COLOR][COLOR=Yellow] [COLOR=White] 11[/COLOR][/COLOR]  c.bow/none
[/sblock][sblock=Actions]
Round 1:
Jareth - move to in front of Trinham, attack (miss)
Cedric - double move
Aver - grapple (roll of 17), Tumble (roll of 19) - no spell cast this round
Ernestine - cast summon monster 1
C.dog - attack (miss)
Tira - delay
Malaroc - attack (hit, dmg=6), move-none
Trinham - cast MM (dmg=?? ), move-none
Mimic- attack (miss)
[/sblock]

Attachments

• K2V rd1.5.jpg
    K2V rd1.5.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OOC: Ernestine to end the round.

[sblock=AFg] Used your tumble roll (17) as your grapple check to escape and your ranged toucg attack (19) as your tumble roll. Everything worked out so we are good to go (and you didn't waste the spell - yet)[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
[sblock=Celestial]"Come! Watchdog from the Temples above! Protect us as you protect your lord's palace!"[/sblock]

A voice that sings of pure delight, of a place so far away form here, issues from Ernestine's lips. Clapping her hands together, a miniature collar forms to the left of this monster. A dog appears, howling before attempting to bite the creature in front of it.

[sblock=actions]
Move: move into range of summoning, and draw crossbow
Standard: SM1 -> Celestial Dog
[/sblock]

[sblock=Dog Actions]
Free Action: Smite some evil! Even if its netural!
Standard Action: Bite
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Aver looking pale and anxious hurries back putting as much distance as possible between himself and the weird monster. His back pressed against the wall to the right of the door he chants shrouding himself in a brilliant aura of flickering celestial light.

[sblock=Actions]Move back to the right of the door and cast Light of Lunia - able to fire of rays next turn.[/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Sending the need for a little more help, Mal's aura flickers before washing over Aver quickly. The small wound begins to heal, ever so slightly, but it will keep him alive that much longer. Hearing Tira's words, he agrees, as he can not get a shot in either. "Make room for shooting it down!"

He hopes the others in front can make the connection as this thing seems to hit hard. Mal moves east, just to the east wall north of the chests (on map, 5 squares east, 2 north) and lets another javelin loose. His aura stays in effect, as he hopes the others fare better in fighting this thing. He eyes the wall and ceiling, wondering just how high this roof was...

[sblock=Mal's Current stats]AC 17
HP 23/27
Healing Aura (Fast Healing 1 if within 30')[/sblock]

Remove ads