The Key to Victory

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Aver rolls his eyes at Mal's lecture and replies cheerfully, "Or you could say I'm a guy who has no real reason to help you lot, but is. In which case delaying for a whole two minutes for my own purposes seems wholly reasonable. But feel free to be that way."

The elf happily tucks the rod away, knowing that he won't have the time to identify it and wander out into the strange room.

"Wow, this is neat! Must be expensive... What's wrong with her?"

ghostcat

First Post
As Trinham Looks through the door a shiver of dismay runs down his back. A brief glance told him that the magic used to create this place is way beyond his understanding never mind his ability. Hopefully, this is the work of the, absent, Vester and all they would have to deal with is the Reavers.

Trinham looks around to talk to Ernestine, only to find her already at the camp site. Waiting for the others to sort themselves out before going down himself, Trinham uses their shared link to get Moggins to come to him. Meanwhile, he sheaths his sword and readys his crossbow.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Mal doesn't hear the words from Aver, as he tunes him out, as he works on the wall with Jareth and Trinham. As it opens up, the light makes him cast a glance at the scene before him. As he takes in the sights, his mind races back to Emma's lair. His life changed in that place, and now he finds himself in yet another chamber. This one, Vester's lair, it would appear.

As Ernestine runs past, he can only hope that she too is not doing something stupid. Maybe it was the water they drank? It seemed to be spreading. He would have to keep an eye on them.

As the small camp is being focused on, Mal keeps his eyes to the edges of the chamber, and especially the trees. Many things can hide in trees. "Watch the trees, make sure this is not an ambush."

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth gives Mal a nod and a half-smile after the warrior's tirade at Aver. I'm surprised I wasn't doing something similar to him.

After pushing the wall around, Jareth pauses, rubbing his shoulder and taking a few deep breaths. He looks about in a wonder similar to the others. "Why couldn't it have been like this, last time I was underground?" he mumbles, again not noticing he's doing so.

But then Ern rushes past him, running for the campsite. Jareth mutters a curse and quickly follows, loosing his chain from its belt loop. The young man takes a somewhat more careful approach, keeping his eyes attentive to all details around the campsite and the nearby terrain.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Aver jogs up slowly behind the others, carefully casting about for potential foes. "Seems like nobody would abandon a place like this... Surely there must be someone here, or at least close at hand." He murmurs quietly.

jackslate45

First Post
Ern falls to her knees at the sight of the ruined wagon. This was bad. Really really bad. She had assumed, no wished and hoped, that they had left. That she could grab what she needed and leave. However, this was the final dagger to her heart. They must have wanted to make sure it was guarded, it being so important. Now, she knew it was over.

The yell of anger and frustration never came to her mouth. Instead, she lands on her hands as well, and starts pounding the ground in anger.

She could hear the rest of the group coming up to her from behind, but her legs cannot seem to carry her weight. Instead, her face starring at the ground, she says in a harsh whisper "They are still here. I am sure of it."

ghostcat

First Post
Once Trinham gets down the the camp site he will put his arm round Ern's shoulder and try to calm her."Don't worry Ern. Yo're no longer alone. I can't promise that they won't hurt you but they will have to come through us first." Helping Ern to her feet he continues "Now why don't you tell us about them. Do they use magic like you? How well can they fight? Are they likely to try to ambush us? Well you get the idea."

jackslate45

First Post
"Oh, most likely they will ambush us soon. That is the kind of people they..." stopping, Ern looks at Tira with fear before continuing "...are. Most of them know a way around a weapon, but there is on guy who I would love to put a crossbow bolt though, then feed to a crocodile. That still would not earn him enough punishment."

Standing up straighter, she looks at Mal and continues "Meeting another one makes sense now. He must have been trained directly by Vester. He always was going on and on about how powerful he was, and showed it. He must have been trained in a similar way you where with, Ema? Emma? "

Ernestine spits on the ground before continuing. "He was the reason I left after all. That evil man."

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth casts about warily, liking this situation less and less with each passing moment. "Let's get back to that tunnel, where we can actually defend. Then maybe you can give us a little more detail on this crew. Standing around, at their campsite, waiting for them to attack... Definitely not to my taste."

The young man has tensed up considerably, chain held in his hands. He begins slowly swinging the right head of the chain back and forth...

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"Students learn what their teachers teach them. What they do with that knowledge, that is up to the student. If this guy is what you say he is, then we should be prepared for anything. These trees look like the perfect place to lay an ambush for the foes. I can get anyone up to the branches to perch and snipe, if we would like to deal with them here and now."

Turning to Jareth, Mal knows that there is little time. "If we take the chest, wherever it is, these guys will be chasing us down. If we can be rid of them, swiftly, then the trek back would be that much easier. What do you think?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases