The Key to Victory

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth frowns again, contemplating. "We could... But as long as we're out here looking for the chest, the more likely they are to be hunting us, or have us walk into their ambush. My biggest concern is us being spread out and vulnerable." Jareth looks around, eyes going over every member of the group. "And no offense to the rest of you, but you're also not as well-protected or able to guard yourselves as Mal and I. You've got plenty of other skills, to be sure, but we're your front line. And it's hard to have a front line when the front could suddenly become anywhere else around us. And when it's easy to just go around it."

Jareth's frown becomes a bit more intense. He looks around at the various scenery, his expression deepening to glare. He mutters, "Damn it all..." before looking back to Mal and the others. "We may as well search, I suppose... But if we get ambushed, try to group up and defend yourselves. Don't take any risks. Any of you," he says pretty firmly, even indicating Mal. "I don't want any more people dying because of me," he mutters, turning away to look at the treeline.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I want to go climb the trees.
Moggin's body language says aloud.

OOC: I would have you all post up some spot checks but the DC's are high due to distance. The woods are nearly 70-80 yards away.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Aver nods, "Agree with you there, I'm certainly no use in hand to hand combat, and don't worry I only take risks when the reward is potentially high. Big risk no reward isn't especially tempting. I wish I could turn myself invisible then I could go ahead and scout with confidence, but as it is I think that would be rash - and I think I'm a ways off figuring out the invisibility thing sadly. I don't think I'm wrong in saying I've got one of the better eyes in the group though, so I'll stay behind you if there are no objections."

Glancing over at the equipment he adds, "Maybe there is some stuff we can use down there? Perhaps even things we can prevent the enemy using if they are not here? We might find food, for one thing. Or even some clues as to what is going on..."

Last edited:

ghostcat

First Post
When Mal mentions the trees as been a good ambush spot, Trinham separates himself from the others so they don't make one big spell target. He then casts a spell on himself.

Trinham says "Well if the trees make a good ambush spot for us, it makes a good spot for them as well." Turning to Moggins he continues in a strong voice "Than means don't go there Moggins." Quickly reviewing his resources, he says "I can protect three other people from arrows but that will be my total allowance for the day."

[sblock=OOC]Cast Protection from Arrows last 5 Hours.[/sblock][sblock=Statblock]Defence: AC 15, HP 23/23

Attack:
Crossbow, Light +5 1d8 19-20/x2 80'
Dagger +4 1d4+1 19-20/x2
Dagger (Thrown) +5 1d4 19-20/x2 10'
Longsword +4 1d8+1 19-20/x2

Saves: Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4

Crossbow Bolts: 30, 29, 28, ??

Code:
[b]Active Spells:[/b]
[i]Spell            		Rounds Remaining[/i]
Protection from Arrows 			3,000 round/50 damage.

[sblock="Spell List"]Sorcerer Level 0 Spells: Daze, Detect magic, Flare, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand.
Sorcerer Level 1 Spells: Color Spray, Grease, Magic Missile
Sorcerer level 2 Spells: Protection from Arrows
[/sblock][sblock="Spells Per Day"]0 Level: (X) (_) (_) (_) (_)
1 Level: (X) (X) (_) (_) (_) (_)
2 Level: (X) (_) (_) (_)[/sblock][/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
Ern had to agree with Jareth. She did basically lead them into a waiting trap (though thankfully no one had commented on that directly). Leaving this area would be there top priority. Sob stories can come later. As much as I would hate to actually say what happened, Tira has a right to know. In fact, they all do.

Shaking her head at Aver she says "I doubt it. It was probably a set up to do the exact thing I did: run towards it in panic. We can search it later when we know they are deal... dealt wi..."

Then, an idea came to her. It was so simple. So obvious. However, she would be put into a huge risk, which as Jareth just said "Don't take risks," Ern doubts he would be up for such a crazy idea. But it might work, knowing that man...

Last edited:

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
At the words from Jareth, Mal nods. "Let's get organized. If that spell can stave off crossbow bolts, then it might be worth using on a few of us. If anyone else has any other bright ideas, speak now. Otherwise, let's find some cover..."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] How about we move to the OOC to discuss what you wish to do real quick than come back here and RP it.[/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
Trinham says "My spell should protect against crossbow bolts. Although a heavy crossbow bolt might just get through and scratch you. So who wants protecting?" Turning to Mal and Janeth, he says "The only thing about us taking cover, is that it could turn into a waiting game."

jackslate45

First Post
Ernestine walks over to Mal, and whispers something into his ear. It takes about a minute to explain her plan to him, and once she finishes she moves back and asks "Got it?"

[sblock=Mal]
Basically what was discussed in OCC, about Mal being ready to swap places with Ern.
[/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"Well, we only live once. Let's get this over with. Trinham, I might need that spell. Jareth, get ready to run in when things get crazy. Ern's gonna bring them out, and then I'll do what I can to keep them busy. Everyone else, try to take out who you can, and call for help if you need it."

Mals' aura flickers yet again, as the familiar feeling overwhelms those around him. (DR1) He then nods to Ern, and awaits her movement. Turning to Trinham, he awaits the spell and makes sure his gauntlets are in place.

Remove ads