The Key to Victory

jackslate45

First Post
Ernestine walks forward, and away from the group. About 50 feet from the group, she puts her hands up in the air, and yells out in a loud voice

"HADEN!!! I KNOW YOUR THERE! SHOW YOURSELF! YOU WIN!"

Continuing to walk, now at a very slow pace, Ernestine walks away from the group, her hands up in the sky in surrender.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Lowering his voice to Jareth, he answers, "She'll draw them out. Then she has the ability to switch places with a willing person, namely me. When they take her, she'll switch. Then I lay into them, hit 'em hard, hit 'em fast. As soon as that happens, throw everything we have at them..."

Mal closes his eyes, breathing slowly, as he thinks back on his training. There were times that he hated the harsh training. Then times like these bring a comfort to his soul, as he knows what will be coming. There is no fear in him, for he has lived a strange life so far. This was but another path and memory that he hopes to live to tell about.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"What if it's a trap?" Tira whispers back drawing her bow. "What if she just wants to get out of the area and to her Reaver friends? And then we are all sitting ducks here in the open."

Everyone notices her bow slightly pointed in Ernestine's direction yet not raised.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth's countenance takes on a small frown. "Gutsy... She's expecting they don't just shoot her full of arrows first." He watches her walk and shout out, calling the foes to the fight. Jareth turns to Mal and gives a half-smile. "Still, better to goad them into fighting us, rather than walking into an ambush. Good luck out there," the red-haired man says, offering a hand to Mal. "I'll support you from the sides, hit-and-run style."

EDITS: ((OOC: HM, you were posting as I was posting... So here's Jareth's response to Tira, too.))

Jareth glances at Tira. "If it's a trap, we deal with the situation anyway. But I don't think she'd try to trick us. She was in tears when we were questioning her about her past, about her regrets. You don't break down like that if you plan on going back to it.""

Last edited:

ghostcat

First Post
At Mal's request, Trinham casts a spell and protects him from arrows at the same time asking him what the plan is. Once Mal has outlined the plan, he looks around for Ern to protect her but she has already gone. Instead, he loads his crossbow and settles down to wait and see what transpires.

[sblock=OOC]Cast Protection from Arrows on Mal. Last 5 Hours.[/sblock][sblock=Statblock]Defence: AC 15, HP 23/23

Attack:
Crossbow, Light +5 1d8 19-20/x2 80'
Dagger +4 1d4+1 19-20/x2
Dagger (Thrown) +5 1d4 19-20/x2 10'
Longsword +4 1d8+1 19-20/x2

Saves: Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4

Crossbow Bolts: 30, 29, 28, ??

Code:
[b]Active Spells:[/b]
[i]Spell                    Rounds Remaining[/i]
Protection from Arrows             2,900 round/50 damage.

[sblock="Spell List"]Sorcerer Level 0 Spells: Daze, Detect magic, Flare, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand.
Sorcerer Level 1 Spells: Color Spray, Grease, Magic Missile
Sorcerer level 2 Spells: Protection from Arrows
[/sblock][sblock="Spells Per Day"]0 Level: (X) (_) (_) (_) (_)
1 Level: (X) (X) (_) (_) (_) (_)
2 Level: (X) (X) (_) (_)[/sblock][/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The party watches the area until they finally see movement. Along the treeline where the forest, lake, and plateau meet a man walks out into the open.

He wears a chain shirt and leather girdle. A strange metal gauntlet (almost like Mal's) covers his right hand and forearm. He is clean shaven and bald with strange tattoo's across his face and head.

With a raising of his gauntlet, three men with crossbows can be seen in the trees. Another small group along the ground show themselves just enough to let the party know they are outnumbered.

Haden walks along the far side of the lake coming towards Ernestine, a grin on his face. "Well now there you are. I have been looking all over for you my sweet." he says then looks past her to the others. "Who are they love? You haven't been cheating on me have you?" he says his grin turning to a thin line of contempt.

[sblock=OOC] For now we are in combat like status. Everyone post up once with what you wish to do or action you want to ready. Talking is free and since the distance is great still we may need to do a little RP before combat. [/sblock]

OOC: Distance between parties 225 feet (75 yards).

jackslate45

First Post
EDIT: Moving forward 20'. Looking nonthreatening.

Ernestine's stomache started acting up the instant she heard that voice. Her neck started prickling up in fear at the very sight of him.

It took every ounce of will power to NOT start casting everything she got at Haden.

However, this could be the only chance she gets to stop him for good. With that knowledge, a smile appears on her face.

"It has been a long time indeed. A month maybe? I am glad you still care so much about me Haden."

With the mention of the group behind her, Ern had to steady herself before continuing "Of course not my love. These people have been keeping tabs on me quite well. They kept me alive so I can return to you. And I thought I would reward their service."

Last edited:

ghostcat

First Post
Trinham does not want to make a move that will prematurely trigger the ambush, so he is careful not to make any obviously threatening move. However, he does not want to be caught in an area effect spell, so he slowly moves sideways. At the same time he prepares to cast a spell should Haden try anything or Ern triggers their ambush.

[sblock=OOC]Move 20' sideways and ready Magic Missiles if Haden starts to cast a spell or Ern triggers their ambush.

MM range 150', Spellcraft +13[/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth waits, mentally assessing. His chain hangs loosely from his hands as he watches the conversation from afar. His posture shifts a bit as he puts a bit more pressure on one leg...

[sblock=OOC]
Ready to Charge Haden when hostilities begin.

Jareth AC 17 HP 34/34
Quick Cast: 0/1 used
Spells:
0-level: 0/6 used
1-level: 0/6 used
2-level: 0/3 used
[/sblock]

Remove ads