The Key to Victory

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Haden walks slowly around he lake as Ernestine continues to move forward. The Reaver is joined by three men from the treeline as he gets near the spot where the lake turns south. He stops and folding his arms listens as a man in dark robes leans forward to whisper something to him.

With a shocked expression on his face he looks past Ernestine to Aver. "What's the meaning of this! Are you working with the elves now?" his voices grows steadily more loud and angry as he continues.

"What you think they will spare you in your part of this? Did they offer you a reward for helping them? You led them here to find The Crown of Isillis? Why have you betrayed me!?" he almost shouts the last.

Before Ernestine can respond the enraged Hade cries out. "Kill them! Kill them all!"

Attachments

• vs Reavers rd1.jpg
    vs Reavers rd1.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 66

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC]Changed map distances as that was as big as my map gets. Still large and should be a good show down.

Please roll INIT, let me know what you have in hand, effects in play, and what you wish to do round 1[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat]

Code:
Character       AC  HP  InHand/Condition
Malaroc         16  [COLOR=Yellow]23[/COLOR]  d.gauntlets/[I][COLOR=Olive]aura-??[/COLOR][/I]
Jareth          17  34  spikedchain/none
Cedric          [COLOR=White][COLOR=RoyalBlue]17[/COLOR]   [/COLOR][COLOR=Yellow]5[/COLOR]  c.bow/[COLOR=RoyalBlue][I]mage armor[/I][/COLOR]
Aver            14   [COLOR=Yellow]6[/COLOR]  none/none
Trinham         15  [COLOR=Yellow]19[/COLOR]  l.sword/none
Tira            18  ??  s.bow/none
Ernestine       13  11  c.bow/none
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Mal can only look in dismay as Aver unknowingly causes his bad luck to overwhelm them all yet again. Elves really were nuisances at times...

[sblock=Actions]Guess I will move forward, 30', full defense, AC should be 21 now. Aura is Protection, DR1/Magic[/sblock]

Last edited:

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Aver sighs, "Oh for fuc... goodness sake. I suppose you are going to try to blame this on me to? I'd have been perfectly happy staying with the treasure chests you know."

To Haden he calls, "She only wants to work with me because she was tired of you and that shrimp you call a talliwacker! Now where's my flaming crown you bunch of slack jawed boy bummers? You know there's a pretty decent chance I've slept with at least one of your mothers, I've gotten around these past few decades and I've been known to drop any pretense of standards after enough alcohol." They are already trying to kill him after all, its like having a free pass.

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth sighs and shakes his head. No plan survives first contact with the enemy.

The fire-haired young man grips his chain tightly as he cautiously advances, watching for incoming arrows, bolts and magic.

[sblock=OOC]
Move 5 North, 1 diagonally North-East. Total Defense as a Standard Action, gaining +6 Dodge to AC.

Jareth AC 23 (normally 17) HP 34/34
Quick Cast: 0/1 used
Spells:
0-level: 0/6 used
1-level: 0/6 used
2-level: 0/3 used
[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
Anger flooded her veins, as the ruined plan was the least of her problems. "You know why more than any one else. It was you who ordered me to kill that child. No one else. But you couldn't let it go. You were nervous that the village knew already that we were there, so you burned it down to the ground that night. One innocent child wasn't enough. An entire village of innocents was not enough. You took your anger out on me. And you wonder why I betrayed you?! DO YOU EVEN THINK?!"

Arcane power coursed though her, and right then she knew. Knew what she had to do.

"I should have put a bolt in your head that night. Now, the gods have given me another chance. It ends right here, Haden. COME! I shall send you to the depths of underworld!!"

EDIT: Wow. Crit on the init. Also, Know checks on The Crown of Isillis would be?

Last edited:

ghostcat

First Post
As the ambush started to unravel, Moggins starts to run up the slope, meowing
"Its too dangerous here. I'm off"
To which Trinham replied "Don't go far and watch out for the traps in the chest room"

Turning his attention back to the fight, Trinham notes that he is well outside his spell and effective crossbow range. So sets off running towards the Haden until he can magic missile him.

[sblock=Action]Double move, running to 150' of Haden.[/sblock][sblock=Statblock]Defence: AC 15, HP 23/23

Attack:
Crossbow, Light +5 1d8 19-20/x2 80'
Dagger +4 1d4+1 19-20/x2
Dagger (Thrown) +5 1d4 19-20/x2 10'
Longsword +4 1d8+1 19-20/x2

Saves: Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4

Crossbow Bolts: 30, 29, 28, ??

Code:
[b]Active Spells:[/b]
[i]Spell                    Rounds Remaining[/i]
Protection from Arrows             2,998 round/50 damage.

[sblock="Spell List"]Sorcerer Level 0 Spells: Daze, Detect magic, Flare, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand.
Sorcerer Level 1 Spells: Color Spray, Grease, Magic Missile
Sorcerer level 2 Spells: Protection from Arrows
[/sblock][sblock="Spells Per Day"]0 Level: (X) (_) (_) (_) (_)
1 Level: (X) (X) (_) (_) (_) (_)
2 Level: (X) (X) (_) (_)[/sblock][/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Ok am getting caught up so below is combatants posted in INIT order. Just need Ernestine's actions and I will get the combat started.[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat]
Posted in INIT Order
Code:
Ernestine       13  11  c.bow/none
Haden           19  43  d.guantlet/[I][COLOR=Lime]aura-unknown[/COLOR][/I]
Thugs(3)        16  12  c.bow/[I][COLOR=YellowGreen]cover[/COLOR][/I](in trees)
Malaroc         16  [COLOR=Yellow]23[/COLOR]  d.gauntlets/[I][COLOR=Olive]aura-??[/COLOR][/I]
Cedric          [COLOR=White][COLOR=RoyalBlue]17[/COLOR]   [/COLOR][COLOR=White][COLOR=Yellow]5[/COLOR]  c.bo[/COLOR]w/[COLOR=RoyalBlue][I]mage armor[/I][/COLOR]
Thugs(3)        16  12  c.bow/none
Trinham         15  [COLOR=Yellow]19[/COLOR]  l.sword/none
Desnor          18  36  none/none
[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
"COME! From the heavens above, I summon you till finish this!"

Once again, a dog appears running as Ern speaks in a sweet voice, and while she turns to retreat, the dog growls at Haden. It chargers forward and tries to bite at Haden's feet.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Summon dog at max spell range away (30'). Have dog charge Haden and smite evil in the face.
Move: 30' backwards. Draws crossbow while moving.

Celestial Dog:
Small; AC: 13; HD: Bite +6 melee (1d4+4); SR 6; Acid, Cold, Electricity: Resist 5; Fort: +6; Reflex +5; Will +1; Smite Evil 1xDay for +1 DMG
[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Round 1.5

Haden confidently lays into the celestial mastiff with his green enameled gauntlet. The dog yelps and before it can attack once more a thug comes up from behind and cracks it with a club. Shimmering the beast disappears back to it's golden realm.

The two crossbowman on the ground take aim across the lake and although the distance may seem great their bolts manage to barely catch Ern and Trinham before shattering on the wall behind them.

[sblock=Combat]
Posted in INIT Order
Code:
Ernestine       13   [COLOR=Yellow]7[/COLOR]  c.bow/none
Haden           19  43  d.guantlet/[I][COLOR=Lime]aura-unknown[/COLOR][/I]
Thugs(3)        16  12  c.bow/[I][COLOR=YellowGreen]cover[/COLOR][/I](in trees)
Cedric          [COLOR=White][COLOR=RoyalBlue]17[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=White][COLOR=Yellow]   5[/COLOR]  c.bo[/COLOR]w/[COLOR=RoyalBlue][I]mage armor[/I][/COLOR]
Thugs(3)        16  12  c.bow/none
Trinham         15  [COLOR=Yellow]17[/COLOR]  l.sword/none
Desnor          18  36  none/none
[/sblock]

OCC: Aver is up and I need Malaroc's aura. ghostcat Haden is 85' from Trinham btw.

Attachments

• vs Reavers rd1.5.jpg
    vs Reavers rd1.5.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

Remove ads