The Key to Victory

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Aver pulls his shortbow - looking slightly disgusted at the need - and sends and arrow arching forward at one of the goons, even as he casts about for hiding places. He then steps back diagonally to his left.

OOC: Is there anything nearby Aver could potentially use to hide behind? Bits of the wagon, et.?

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Mal watches the battle begin, seeing the celestial dog sprout forth only to be sent back so quickly to wherever it came from. There was something different about Haden. But something familiar. Those gauntlets.... Bolts came screaming past him to hit his allies, but his aura protects them. (Aura was posted on previous post, DR1/Magic)

"Use ranged weapons on Haden!" he calls out, as he moves forward thirty feet, and stands there defensively. He looks back to Jareth, with a nod.

[sblock=Actions]Move diagonal NW one square, then north the rest of his 30' movement, should put me 25 feet directly north of Jareth. Full Defense. Shield Bonus for TWDefense goes to +2, with +4 from Full Defense, AC is now 22[/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
Trinham flinches as an arrow speeds towards him before bouncing off his protection and hitting the wall being him.

He realises that Haden is the man to defeat from what Ern has said. So he decides that the sooner he is put down the better. As soon as he comes into within spell range, three sparks shoot out from Trinham's fingers and slam into Haden's chest.

[sblock=Action]Cast Magic Missile at Haden[/sblock][sblock=Statblock]Defence: AC 15, HP ??/23

Attack:
Crossbow, Light +5 1d8 19-20/x2 80'
Dagger +4 1d4+1 19-20/x2
Dagger (Thrown) +5 1d4 19-20/x2 10'
Longsword +4 1d8+1 19-20/x2

Saves: Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4

Crossbow Bolts: 30, 29, 28, ??

Code:
[b]Active Spells:[/b]
[i]Spell                    Rounds Remaining[/i]
Protection from Arrows             2,997 round/46 damage.

[sblock="Spell List"]Sorcerer Level 0 Spells: Daze, Detect magic, Flare, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand.
Sorcerer Level 1 Spells: Color Spray, Grease, Magic Missile
Sorcerer level 2 Spells: Protection from Arrows
[/sblock][sblock="Spells Per Day"]0 Level: (X) (_) (_) (_) (_)
1 Level: (X) (X) (X) (_) (_) (_)
2 Level: (X) (X) (_) (_)[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Malaroc and Jareth move forward through a volley of crossbow fire. They dodge the bolts easily and watch Haden warily.

Tira fires and curses as the arrow flies to high. She draws another arrow and takes aim.

Aver ducks quickly behind what's left of the wagon his short bow coming to hand. He tries to recall some of the spells in his book that might help,(perhaps next time he should study more and doddle less). He fires his bow and catches one of Haden's thugs unawares as the arrow hits him.

Cedric fights with his crossbow as Far takes to the sky cawing out loud that this is dangerous.

Trinham aims to end this early and fores three magical bolts as Haden starts to turn from the blow he dealt the celestial dog. The bolts streak towards the man and everyone can see his grin from where they stand. Putting his hands on his hips he stands still as the magical bolts draw near. Then they seem to shrink and glow dimmer the nearer they get to the man. Then they wink out inches from him. Trinham knows the spell should have worked, though why didn't it?

The robed man starts to cast his own spell and when he is finished he points at Malaroc. Nothing happens for a half second and then fom out of nowhere a floating, glowing scythe lashes out and cuts him across the arm.

"NO Desnor! The kamati is mine!" Haden bellows at the man. Desnor just bows and moves over to the side to get a better view of Jareth.

[sblock=Combat]
Posted in INIT Order
Code:
Character       AC  HP  InHand/Condition
Ernestine       13   [COLOR=Yellow]9[/COLOR]  c.bow/none
Haden           19  43  d.guantlet/[I][COLOR=Lime]aura-unknown[/COLOR][/I]
Thugs(2)        [COLOR=White]16 [/COLOR] 12  c.bow/none
T[COLOR=White]hug            16   [/COLOR][COLOR=White][COLOR=Yellow]6[/COLOR]  c.bo[/COLOR]w/none
Aver            [COLOR=White][COLOR=YellowGreen]18[/COLOR]   [/COLOR][COLOR=White][COLOR=Yellow]6[/COLOR]  s.bo[/COLOR]w/[I][COLOR=YellowGreen]cover[/COLOR][/I]
Malaroc         [COLOR=White][COLOR=Cyan]22[/COLOR]  [/COLOR][COLOR=White][COLOR=Yellow]17[/COLOR]  d.g[/COLOR]auntlets/[I][COLOR=Olive]aura-DR1/magic[/COLOR][/I][COLOR=Olive][COLOR=White];[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=Cyan][I]totalD.[COLOR=White];[/COLOR][COLOR=Plum]pro.arrows(50)[/COLOR][/I][/COLOR]
Cedric          [COLOR=White][COLOR=RoyalBlue]17[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=White][COLOR=Yellow]   5[/COLOR]  c.bo[/COLOR]w/[COLOR=RoyalBlue][I]mage armor[/I][/COLOR]
Tira            18  ??  s.bow/none
Jareth          [COLOR=Cyan]23[/COLOR]  34  spikedchain/[COLOR=Cyan][I]totalD.[/I][/COLOR]
Thugs(3)        [COLOR=YellowGreen]20[/COLOR]  12  c.bow/[COLOR=YellowGreen]cover[/COLOR](in trees)
Trinham         15  [COLOR=Yellow]19[/COLOR]  c.bow/[I][COLOR=Plum]pro.arrows(46)[/COLOR][/I]
Desnor          18  36  none/none
[/sblock]
[sblock=Actions]
Round 1:
Ernestine - summon monster, move back
Haden - attack c.dog (hit, dmg: 8)
Thugs(3) - 2 shoot hit Ern & Trinham (dmg: 2 & 4), third attacks c.dog(hit, dmg: 6)
Aver - draw bow, moves to cover (AC +4)
Malaroc - move, total def. (AC +6)
Cedric - draw crossbow, load crossbow
Tira - shoots at Haden (miss)
Jareth - move, total def. (AC +6)
Thugs(3) - two attack Jareth, one attacks Malaroc, all misses
Trinham - cast magic missle (no effect)
Desnor - cast spiritual weapon (hit dmg: 6), move[/sblock]

Attachments

• vs Reavers rd2.jpg
    vs Reavers rd2.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
Knowing that Haden has to come forward at some point, Ern takes a careful step forward, and levels her own cross bow at her former leader.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: Reload!
Free: 5' step N
Standard: Ready to shoot at Haden once he starts moving closer(+4, 1d8)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Code:
HP:[COLOR=Red] 07[/COLOR]/11
AC: 13 FF: 10 T: 13
F: +2 R: +3 W: +2

Crossbow: +4 1d8 

0: Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1: Benign Transposition, Summon Monster I x 1, Grease, [s]Summon Monster I x 2[/s]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Haden nods to the thug that helped him take out the summoned hound. The man drops his crossbow and moves beside the man as Haden advances slowly towards Malaroc and Jareth, deftly dodging out of the path of Ern's bolt. He stops and raises his un-gauntleted hand his fingers moving as if to say come on. The thug just slaps his club in his hand a few times in anticipation.

The other two crossbowman continue to fire at Trinham they saw a spell cast and although they don't know the source they have orders to concentrate on one person at a time and he seems alone on the outside of the group. One bolt flies wide and another is again deflected off his protection.

[sblock=Combat]
Posted in INIT Order
Code:
Character       AC  HP  InHand/Condition
Ernestine       13   [COLOR=Yellow]9[/COLOR]  c.bow/none
Haden           19  43  d.guantlet/[I][COLOR=Lime]aura-unknown[/COLOR][/I][COLOR=White];[COLOR=Orange][I]ready[/I][/COLOR][/COLOR]
T[COLOR=White]hug            16  12[/COLOR][COLOR=White]  club[/COLOR]/[I][COLOR=Orange]ready[/COLOR][/I]
T[COLOR=White]hug            16  12[/COLOR][COLOR=White]  c.bo[/COLOR]w/none
T[COLOR=White]hug            16   [/COLOR][COLOR=White][COLOR=Yellow]6[/COLOR]  c.bo[/COLOR]w/none
Aver            [COLOR=White][COLOR=YellowGreen]18[/COLOR]   [/COLOR][COLOR=White][COLOR=Yellow]6[/COLOR]  s.bo[/COLOR]w/[I][COLOR=YellowGreen]cover[/COLOR][/I]
Malaroc         [COLOR=White][COLOR=Cyan]22[/COLOR]  [/COLOR][COLOR=White][COLOR=Yellow]17[/COLOR]  d.g[/COLOR]auntlets/[I][COLOR=Olive]aura-DR1/magic[/COLOR][/I][COLOR=Olive][COLOR=White];[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=Cyan][I]totalD.[COLOR=White];[/COLOR][COLOR=Plum]pro.arrows(50)[/COLOR][/I][/COLOR]
Cedric          [COLOR=White][COLOR=RoyalBlue]17[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=White][COLOR=Yellow]   5[/COLOR]  c.bo[/COLOR]w/[COLOR=RoyalBlue][I]mage armor[/I][/COLOR]
Tira            18  ??  s.bow/none
Jareth          [COLOR=Cyan]23[/COLOR]  34  spikedchain/[COLOR=Cyan][I]totalD.[/I][/COLOR]
Thugs(3)        [COLOR=YellowGreen]20[/COLOR]  12  c.bow/[COLOR=YellowGreen]cover[/COLOR](in trees)
Trinham         15  [COLOR=Yellow]19[/COLOR]  c.bow/[I][COLOR=Plum]pro.arrows(44)[/COLOR][/I]
Desnor          18  36  none/none
[/sblock]

Attachments

• vs Reavers rd2.5.jpg
    vs Reavers rd2.5.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OOC: Updated, even though Aver is up next I think you may go FtF as I don't think anything he can do will effect your combat with Haden.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Using the cover to his advantage Aver reluctantly concludes that he is better off sticking with his bow for the time being and notches another arrow taking aim at the same thug again. But this time his shaft ricochets off the man's armor just failing to wound. (Assuming he is not in cover in which case direct the arrow at Haden.)

"Damn it, wearing armor is cheating!"

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Cedric and Tira must both have the same though as they both take aim and fire at the evil cleric. Both bolt and arrow fail to hit their target.

Last edited:

Remove ads