The Key to Victory

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"If we are wrong, then nothing changes. I only see that something good can come of this."

Mal sits, watching the others talk, but keeping his wits about him. Turning to Aver, he asks, "So what happened? How did they catch you so easily?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Ol' Elder Dorimir acted like he was interested in helping and told me to follow him. We go out to the grounds of his estate and before we get to the gate he has calls his guards down on me." Aver says indulgence in his voice and he rubs a spot on his hip that must have gotten bruised in that altercation.

"I thought he would be the best elf to go to seeing as how he is always calling for more integration in the world and all."

jackslate45

First Post
"And this is why I do not like politics, and nobles especially. They always seek what is in their best interests. They care not for their common man. " Ern sighs, going over to the spice pouches and pocketing one. Ern then takes a candle from the wall, blows it out, and also pockets it. She takes one look at the wine again before pouring some into a glass. She drains it in a single gulp, pours herself another, and continues.

"I mean, who in the Nine Hells cares who teaches what to whom? Knowledge is meant to be shared, not kept secret. How else are powerful wizards going to learn their spells? Killing each other and stealing their spell books? Contracting powerful devils and binding their service to them? The fact that the Treylor are demanding such a sacrifice pisses me off. I feel obligated to free you just to shove it in the Treylor's faces. Think they so high and mighty... " the rest is unintelligible as Ernestine switches to a gutteral languages.

Finally, she stops to say "I say we go rub it in the Treylor's fa...Go speak to the ambassador as well. With what we know, we should be able to at least delay the final sentencing. We can slip out of here, over turn that ruling, and get you out of here."

ghostcat

First Post
Trinham has almost recovered from his embarrassment and, incidentally, finished his apple. While looking for another titbit he says "That's all very well but is there an elder who is wise enough to actually put aside his own self interest by listening to us and giving us access to the ambassador. Obviously Elder Dorimir is not the man.

Even then, how do we save the Treylor face. Their whole strategy with the Nandirly is based on cleaning the blood taint."

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth listens to the concerns raised by the others and their ideas. "First things first, we need to use our leverage with the crown. Even if our information is not entirely accurate, we're quite sure it is an important item to the Treylor. We may be able to trade it for your exile... Or, if there's a potent illusionist in this city, they may still be able to have your 'execution' while really granting you exile. And thereby save face," the young man chuckles, giving Trinham a glance and a nod.

"And it may be good to at least question the ambassador as to whether the Treylor really would invade simply because of a few half-bloods. Speaking hypothetically, we could also increase the number and gauge the reaction to the spread of the so-called 'taint.'"

He gives a sidelong look to Ernestine. "And that little speech of yours concerning sharing knowledge... Keep that in mind. It might be useful to convince some people. Just don't touch any more wine until we're sure it won't be needed," he says, with a joking tone concerning the wine.

"But that brings us back to how can we gain an audience with the ambassador. Perhaps, seeing as you are a voluntary prisoner, you might be able to request such a thing?"

ghostcat

First Post
Replying to Jareth, Trinham says "Well that seems to take care of Tharivol but what about the duke and the invasion of the human lands. If they no longer need to attack the Nandirly, will they now go home, Also, was the attack on Harkon Manor simply because they were trying to get the elven woods? Jareth, I know your primary purpose is to rescue Tharivol. But, we need to remember that we are also representatives of the Five Kingdoms."

Dragonwriter

First Post
"While that's connected, remember it is a different matter. The Treylor are supposedly invading to get their stolen relic back. It was brought here and the Five Kingdoms just happened to be in the way. Or at least that's the story we were told.

"Their purpose in attacking Harkon may be what you guessed... and we certainly know the results. Human forces fought, killed and defeated the Treylor. Judging by how hard they're crusading on this diversion, I don't think they're the type to ignore or forget something like that. We can try to parley the crown for peace all around, but I seriously doubt they would agree to that.

"And Trinham, it's precisely because I do remember we represent our people here that I insisted we use as little subterfuge as possible."

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"You know, Vester will not take lightly to our taking the crown back from him, dispatching of his minions, and bringing the crown back to its rightful place. The elves should know this as well, just in case."

jackslate45

First Post
"I agree. Vester will not take it laying down. We killed one of his own students. I would not be surprised if he suddenly shows up suddenly." Ernestine says, setting down the now empty wine glass. How long has it been since she last drank it? It tasted soooo good. She really just wanted to drink about 2 more glasses and fall asleep on the couch.

But alas, work needs to be done. Once they get out of here. "Maybe if they knew you guys are from Harkon Manor, they might take you slightly more serious. It seems though that getting out is our first priority though, before anything else. As I doubt we will have any chance of meeting the ambassador tonight. We should petition to meet with them first thing tomorrow."

ghostcat

First Post
At the mention of an annoyed Vester showing up, Trinham turns pale and the piece of apply that he is eating goes down the wrong way. This causes him to start coughing and chocking. Taking a big gulp of water, manages to get his breathing back under control and mutters "Sorry"

Remove ads