The Key to Victory

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Mal bows his head to nobody in particular, as he agrees, "As you wish..."

Turning to the others, he adds, "I will assist you in saving this person. Afterwards, I head to find this item and attempt to end this war. Now, first things first. I will seek out the blacksmith, for he was there with me, and can attest to the innocence of the captured ones. I have spent some time here in this manor, and they know me by my actions as well. We should all seek out some familiar faces to garner their support. Hopefully I can get us an audience with Sir Vance..."

Mal thinks on it, wondering if his few days in the manors employ and his work thus far was all to give him accreditation for times like this. Was this another small twist of his master's wish that somehow now had meaning? Was she always right?

Dragonwriter

First Post
"Does nobody listen to me? I said less people, not more! While I appreciate the intent, so many people will be found. And easily. You people just go take care of this cave-searching business, pray it isn't a wild goose chase, and I will save my teacher's life. Maybe the Nandirly will be distracted with you tramping about their woods and not notice Tira and I sneaking through. Hell, try to get their attention. Might very well keep them away from me. I plan on asking Tharivol to come back to the army with me, and you'll have your chance at him then, Elms."

Lughart

First Post
"You're right, Jareth, no one is listening. They're all trying so desperately to get on your good side so you might help with our quest, they're missing what you're actually saying. But don't worry, I think we can do without you. One we get you out, you won't have to worry about seeing me ever again. Good luck though.

By the way, Trinham seems to think this Martomum is the reason Dellex arrested you. He's the dwarf, right? I agree we should talk to him. It could make our job a lot easier."

Cedric stands up, and talks out loud. "Let's go. We can 'talk' on the way." He walks a few paces away from the tables, and stops, waiting to see if the others follow.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=Lora] A confused look suddenly crosses his face as Arthur wonders what,... then it dawns on him an he smiles. "Testing me Shaeria? Haha you were always the smarter one." He says laughing. "I never told you but, it was the look in your eyes. You knew right then you were in trouble, and I could see it. I don't know why myself. I lied to pa, I just didn't ever want to see you have that look ever again."

Arthur stands and moves towards the door to the room. "I can't stay much longer. What is going on?" he asks anxiously. [/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"And Jareth also is not listening, it seems." Emma chuckles. "Soon it will be dark and you must all cross the river, it will be your best chance to go unnoticed. Or you can spend time trying to convince others to help free them and in the mean time making others more alerted to what is going on."

"Now I wish for people to accompany my kalamti. This is dangerous task. I saw the battle and thought Trinham and Jareth suitable companions and in their current state they might wish to be freed for the small price of helping. But it seems they have other duties. So they can wait for whoever to hear their story and perhaps free them or perhaps not." Emma's voice takes on a certain sad note.

"But you others seem willing and perhaps I can 'speak' to some of the other captives. And see if they wish to take me up on my deal."

ghostcat

First Post
Trinham listens to the conversation between Jareth and the others but keeps his thoughts to himself. However, when Emma mentions his name he interjects "I would like to come and help out. But if I do, I will be considered a fugitive. This doesn't bother me but I can't risk that my family will be held to account. However, Martomum is my commander. If he orders me to go, then no-one can hold it against me."

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Hearing Jareth's objection, Mal simply shakes his head. "It matters not what you tell me to do Jareth. I have my own allegiance and will do as Emma bids me to do. She is wiser than you will ever hope to be. If she says I am to aid you, then expect it. Luckily though, you will not have my assistance. I wish you good fortune on your quest and should we meet again, hope it would be on better terms, and you much wiser. It would seem that I will be heading to these caves. Any that wish to join, then we shall cross the river after sundown. If I go alone, then so be it. I will do what I must to end this war..." and is if directed to Jareth, he adds, "WITHOUT bloodshed on either side of the war."

Mal looks around, wondering which route each of the others will take as he prepares to leave alone if need be.

Myth and Legend

First Post
[sblock=Lora's reply II]Lora's heart trembled - it really was Arthur! She now knew what she liked about Vance - he reminded her of her older brother. The girl smiled earnestly, and came forward, but started talking and laying out the facts - talk now, hugs later.

"Judging by that uniform you are one of Dellex's men.
- the girl remarked with a slight hint of disappointment surfacing in her voice. She had hoped that Arthur would be better then to let himself be used as a pawn. Then again, Dellex had both intellect and power, making it hard not to be sucked in by the torrent of his machinations. - in short, when i got your letter i came after you. I couldn't let you go and kill yourself - I can't take care of mother and father, and the farm on my own! And I also had things to do for Mirella on top of that. Plus I... I didn't want to lose you."

Lora looked away for a moment, but continued talking. "In any event, i ended up among the irregulars. So far i've been running errands for Martoumum, whom your master seems to hate with a passion. My current misfortune - the Wizard pointed towards the heap of rope on the floor. - is due to me earning the ire of Dellex, by virtue of helping out Mart. This is the core of it, more or less. Now, how will we get away from this place?" [/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth snorts. Again, the only one with the possibility of noticing this is Trinham. "Oh, I'm not listening? I said plainly 'liability and difficulty in having another person along', then you want to have four more people come with me? Thanks for calling them off.

"And to you, Malaroc, that's a lot of praise for your mistress. Being a good little drone, are we?"
The young man's tone is extremely sarcastic. "And hopefully next time we meet, you will be wise enough to make your own decisions, rather than have someone just tell you what to do. Your notion of ending the war without bloodshed is naive. There's already been bloodshed, and it will continue. Go ahead and try to find this artifact. But the war won't end quickly, even if you do find this item. Good luck, though, and I mean that."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=Lora] "We?" Arthur says looking perplexed. "We wouldn't get very far. Lord Dellex would just whisk us back to him, like he did that farm boy that was some where here at Harkon." Arthur makes motions with his hands to indicate casting a spell and then pulling a rope.

Then Arthur starts for the door, "I need to return to my duties. I won't be able to help you, if I end up hog tied too. You aren't involed with that... that Reygurian are you? You can't tell me what's going on there? I have heard things... like Lord Dellex saying something about a mission he is on for the king, and that the Reygurian's may have sent obstacles to stop him. They think they can end the war before it even starts at least that's what Lord Dellex says."

Arthur looks back a few steps from the door and holds his arms wide, a forlorn look on his face. [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases