Dark Sun Collector's Guide

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
That is an awesome list, however, what in all that is holy is this:
Dark Sun minis box (DM Rewards, February 2010)
Can I get a picture before I start tearing the world apart looking for one?
Here's a link to a picture.

Also I have heard there was a cloth Athas map at Gen Con 2010.
Oooh, yes. I'll add that.

Also, there was some other adventure in 2009 that Kindrock, Morg, and the reast of the Free RPG Day 2010 pregen characters originated, but I cant seem to find out where.
Hmmm... I have no idea about that. Was it a convention adventure perhaps?

What of Dread Realms (or something like that) of Ravenloft which explains what happened to Kalidnay. (2nd edition)

Last edited:

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
What of Dread Realms (or something like that) of Ravenloft which explains what happened to Kalidnay. (2nd edition)

Kalidnay was first mentioned (in the context of Ravenloft) in the Forbidden Lore boxed set, and then again in the hardcover book Domains of Dread.

That said, I don't think cross-campaign material really counts on a list of Dark Sun products. After all, Planescape's Planewalker's Handbook mentions Athas among a list of Prime Material worlds, but I wouldn't include that book here just because of that.

Andalusian

First Post
Personally, I feel that both Ravenloft products deserve mention on the list because the write-up on Kalidnay and its Sorcerer King is substantial enough that it may be useful for someone interested in Dark Sun lore (even if the gender of Kalid-Ma and his/her high priest is inconsistent). The 2E accessory, Book of Artifacts, is also relevant because it has four Dark Sun-related items: the Obsidian Man of Urik, the Psychometron of Nerad, Silencer of Bodach, and the Rod of Teeth.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Personally, I feel that both Ravenloft products deserve mention on the list because the write-up on Kalidnay and its Sorcerer King is substantial enough that it may be useful for someone interested in Dark Sun lore (even if the gender of Kalid-Ma and his/her high priest is inconsistent). The 2E accessory, Book of Artifacts, is also relevant because it has four Dark Sun-related items: the Obsidian Man of Urik, the Psychometron of Nerad, Silencer of Bodach, and the Rod of Teeth.
I generally like to err on the side of inclusiveness, so I've added the BoA and the two Ravenloft products to the "2nd Edition miscellaneous" section. I already had the MCA4 there, which also only has a little bit of Dark Sun content, so that seems like the most consistent thing to do.

Achan hiArusa

Explorer
[size=+1]Dark Sun Collector's Guide[/size]

Game products

2nd Edition campaign settings
Dark Sun Boxed Set (September 1991)
Dark Sun Campaign Setting: Expanded and Revised (October 1995)

2nd Edition accessories
DSR1: Slave Tribes (January 1992)
MC12: Monstrous Compendium Dark Sun Appendix: Terrors of the Desert (February 1992)
DSR2: Dune Trader (April 1992)
Dragon Kings (May 1992)
DSR3: Veiled Alliance (September 1992)
DSR4: Valley of Dust and Fire (November 1992)
The Ivory Triangle (May 1993)
CGR2: The Complete Gladiator's Handbook (June 1993)
DSS1: City State of Tyr (July 1993)
DSS2: Earth, Air, Fire and Water (September 1993)
DSS3: Elves of Athas (October 1993)
The Will and the Way (June 1994)
City by the Silt Sea (August 1994)
Dark Sun Monstrous Compendium Appendix II: Terrors Beyond Tyr (February 1995)
Thri-Kreen of Athas (March 1995)
Beyond the Prism Pentad (June 1995)
Windriders of the Jagged Cliffs (December 1995)
The Wanderer's Chronicle: Mind Lords of the Last Sea (January 1996)
Defilers and Preservers: The Wizards of Athas (June 1996)
Psionic Artifacts of Athas (September 1996)

2nd Edition adventures
DS1: Freedom (December 1991)
DSQ1: Road to Urik (March 1992)
DSQ2: Arcane Shadows (July 1992)
DSQ3: Astliclian Gambit (October 1992)
DSE1: Dragon's Crown (February 1993)
DSM1: Black Flames (March 1993)
DSM2: Merchant House of Amketch (August 1993)
DSM3: Marauders of Nibenay (November 1993)
Black Spine (February 1994)
Forest Maker (April 1994)

2nd Edition miscellaneous
Forbidden Lore (Domain of Kalidnay) (October 1992)
Book of Artifacts (Obsidian Man of Urik, Psychometron of Nerad, Rod of Teeth, Silencer of Bodach) (September 1993)
Domains of Dread (Domain of Kalidnay) (July 1997)
Monstrous Compendium Annual Volume Four (Athasian Dolphin, Athasian Fish, Crag Giant, Squark) (December 1998)
Dark Sun Campaign Setting miniature reprint (2000)

Up to this point all check. Dragon magazine articles check (in both .pdf and hardcopy), Polyhedron articles check.

Last edited:

Festivus

First Post
I did not see D&D Encounters Season 2 - "Dark Sun: Fury of the Wastewalker" on your list. There are three chapters to it, "Chapter 1: An Obsidian Rain", "Chapter 2: Tomb of a Long Lost Age", and "Chapter 3: Flight to Tyr".

Remove ads