Special Conversion Thread: Tasked Genies

Cleon

Legend
So, what are we going to do about those Tome of Magic spells?

Use the closest SRD equivalent to the listed alternative spells - dimension door, Leomund’s tiny hut, pass without trace and strength?

For the abilities, I guess we should start by shrinking a Djinn to Small...

Cleon

Legend
Hold on a second, weren't we doing these alphabetically?

In which case the Deceiver should be next.

Well, it isn't surprising that one's tricksy.

Shade

Monster Junkie
So, what are we going to do about those Tome of Magic spells?

Use the closest SRD equivalent to the listed alternative spells - dimension door, Leomund’s tiny hut, pass without trace and strength?

That sounds simplest.

For the abilities, I guess we should start by shrinking a Djinn to Small...

Let's see...
Str 6, Dex 23, Con 8, Int 14, Wis 15, Cha 15

I don't like it. Too weak, and the Con penalty doesn't fit.

At 4 feet, they could be on the low end of Medium, which is probably a better fit here.

That would give us...
Str 10, Dex 21, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 15, Cha 15

That looks much better, although Dex may not be high enough for these speedsters.

Added to Homebrews using the assumptions above (hey, I was bored!), but will change if the majority so wishes.

Hold on a second, weren't we doing these alphabetically?

In which case the Deceiver should be next.

Well, it isn't surprising that one's tricksy.

I wasn't doing them in any particular order, although it did come next alphabetically...in Secret of the Lamp. ;)

Last edited:

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I'd bump the Con a bit, actually, to help them with traveling long distances. Con 12 is ok if you don't want to go very high, but they should at least have a bonus, I think.

How many doses of poison do you want them to carry?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Sure, why not?

I currently gave 'em the same amount of poison as a drow, but we can change it if you'd like.

Cleon

Legend
That sounds simplest.

Let's see...
Str 6, Dex 23, Con 8, Int 14, Wis 15, Cha 15

I don't like it. Too weak, and the Con penalty doesn't fit.

At 4 feet, they could be on the low end of Medium, which is probably a better fit here.

That would give us...
Str 10, Dex 21, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 15, Cha 15

That looks much better, although Dex may not be high enough for these speedsters.

Added to Homebrews using the assumptions above (hey, I was bored!), but will change if the majority so wishes.

I'd rather keep them Small and use the higher stats with a tweak to the physical stats e.g.:

Small Outsider, Str 8, Dex 23, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 15, Cha 15

I wasn't doing them in any particular order, although it did come next alphabetically...in Secret of the Lamp. ;)

I've been following their MCA1 listings.

Last edited:

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Since djinn are Large, I'd have a hard time having these evolve all the way to Small. On the other hand, scaling a djinn gives a weight of 55 lb, and that's just above halfling and gnome territory. Plust these are supposed to be thin. I think I'd have to go with Small in the end. Cleon's final stats seem ok.

Cleon

Legend
Since djinn are Large, I'd have a hard time having these evolve all the way to Small. On the other hand, scaling a djinn gives a weight of 55 lb, and that's just above halfling and gnome territory. Plust these are supposed to be thin. I think I'd have to go with Small in the end. Cleon's final stats seem ok.

That'd suit me.

Shall we talk skills and feats? Since they're messengers I suggest giving them maxed-out Speak Language for 6 additional languages.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases