More Britannia 3E hexmaps! [updated: 2 Nov]

hong

WotC's bitch
I'm embarking on a project to map the entire continent of Britannia and surrounding seas, all 256x256 squares and ~1 million square miles of it. Unfortunately Hexmapper barfs at a map of that size, so I've chopped it up into quadrants.

The first two maps are now in the Artwork forum. Have a look and tell me what you think. These are quarter-sized versions of the full-size maps; I don't think anyone wants to view 3300x3400 images that are ~2Mb. :)

Northwestern Britannia

Southwestern Britannia

Thanks to Darraketh and others who provided the custom tiles used for these maps.

Last edited:

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
Those maps are really impressive, Hong. In fact, they're so good that I don't even feel like beating you with a stick right now!

Psion

Adventurer
Really cool... especially considering my homebrew map is non-so-loosely inspired by the old Ultima IV-VI maps. :p

hong

WotC's bitch
Psion said:
Really cool... especially considering my homebrew map is non-so-loosely inspired by the old Ultima IV-VI maps. :p

Would you believe, I still have the old U5 map/tea-towel/napkin/handkerchief, and it's still in excellent condition. They knew how to make tea towels back in the days....

Buttercup: oh go on, you know you want to. :)

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
wow... that is pretty cool. :) when are we gonna see ultima d20? ;)

(or do you have something like that on your site already?)

hong

WotC's bitch
BOZ said:
wow... that is pretty cool. :) when are we gonna see ultima d20? ;)

(or do you have something like that on your site already?)

Clearly I have not been pimping my stuff enough, if a question like this is asked. :cool: I call it "Britannia 3E", but you can think of it as Ultima d20. It's where my current campaign is set, actually.

Britannia 3E

It's about the time of Ultima 4. I'm ignoring everything that happened to Britannia after U5. :)

The PCs are 4-6th level after 6 sessions (they started at 3rd level). So far they've

- Rid a hamlet of two groups of feuding bandits/mercenaries (shades of _A Fistful of Dollars_)

- Cleared out an ancient monastery, vanquishing a dragon in the process (Dungeon of the Fire Opal, excellent dungeoncrawl from Dungeon mag)

- Had multiple run-ins with bloodmages (evil cult of Mondain, based on maho-tsukai from OA)

- Picked up an artifact which they can't use (the Book of Truth), but which laid the smackdown quite handily on said bloodmages

- Turned Skara Brae upside down, due mostly to the machinations of those pesky bloodmages

- Journeyed to Yew, getting into a whole lot of fights in the process (two near-TPKs, the darktentacles is CR 7 my arse)

I'm in the process of getting the NE quadrant mapped out now; that should hopefully be up tomorrow. Then I'm off to Malaysia for two weeks, so no updates until I get back.

Remove ads