The Charming Warden

Robichaud

Explorer
As planned, Jamilee buys an extra four days' worth of rations, three days' worth of horse feed, swinging by her home to get the rest of her gear and pack it all up on her horse. She shows back up as soon as she's done, packed, armed to the teeth, and guiding a slim-built warhorse by the reins.

"Ready when you are," she croaks. "I'll take point."

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
Tibard Mountainbore, Cleric 1

Tibard watches Christopher approach with his mule. "That's a great idea. I'll be right back." He returns riding a mule. "Okay, let's get going while Hyrag still shines His holy light on us."

[sblock]Tibard gets his share of the 100gp, which I think is 20gp (there are five PCs, right?). I buy
  • Mule - 8gp
  • 10 days feed - 0.5gp
  • Bit and bridle - 2gp
leaving 9.5gp for my pocket.[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
You all gather at plaza outside the Red Dragon Inn. The giant dragon statue perched outside seems almost alive as the shadows cast from the rising sun move across it.

With your mules and purchases, Jonah with the small chest, and Jamilee with the key, you head out on the road to Rivenblight, towards Trimble's.

The first day passes uneventfully. About six hours in, you reach an inn managed by halflings. You're not quite tired enough to stop, and your map tells you that another inn is a little farther along the road, so you trek on.

2 hours later, you reach the second roadside inn. It looks old, but has been recently repaired. Your animals are tired at this point, and this seems to be a good place to stop.

(OOC: You can camp, or you can spend 5sp each on a night at the inn. You traveled 24 miles today. Deduct a day of trail rations, or purchase food at the inn.

Do you want to stick together for the night? Will some of you sleep outside and some in? What's your plan?)

Christopher Greeneyes, Katara Sorcerer 1

During the journey, Christopher tries to engage the others in conversation, and learn more about the world. During one short break, after carefully standing away from the others and the animals, he even demonstrates what he describes as his fireworks, previously useful to scare birds away from crops.

After riding the steady mule all day long, Christopher shakily hops down then jumps in place a couple of times to get the blood flowing to his legs again.

Pointing to the inn Christopher speaks, "I am inclined to spend to take my supper here, and sleep the night in a bed, however, ..." Christopher lowers his voice, "I am being paid to perform a job, I'll not stray from the package, even if it means sleeping in a field."

[sblock=OOC]During the journey, Christopher demonstrates the solor spray spell to his companions. Spell Slots remaining 0:5/5 1:4/5[/sblock]

Robichaud

Explorer
She seems impressed by Christopher's display, going so far as to say it's a "useful skill," but beyond that Jamilee barely speaks during the entire journey. She deflects attempts at casual conversation with monosyllabic answers. Her bird, once it's woken up, seems more lively and curious about the party than she is -- when it's not out roaming or perching on Jamilee's shoulder, it studies the party with its beady eyes.

After Christopher speaks, Jamilee declares "hRnoom and board on me tonight. Only fair." After a moment's thought, she adds, "Second watch."

((If no one objects, she'll pony up 2.5gp for five beds, and 1.5 gp for five common meals.))

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
Tibard Mountainbore, Cleric 1

Tibard is quite talkative while traveling on the first day. "Look at this glorious weather," he says from the back of his mule. "I'm glad Hyrag called me here, outside where I can see Him more easily. I've studied His scripture a lot, but there's a certain simple reassurance in His direct presence. The warmth you feel from his rays, that deep, from-the-inside-out warmth, is not accidental. And its for more than comfort. That's His covenant with us to keep our souls safe if we follow His ways. With His rays He is literally warming our souls with His holy energy. Remember His warmth in the darkness. Remember it when you're underground, far from His light. Remember it at night, when He rests. Remember it when the unholy animate dead surround you and you cannot find hope! He is with you! He will not let you become one of them! Through your faith and his power, even if you fall you will rest in His presence."

Tibard takes a deep breath. He visibly relaxes and enjoys the weather.

That evening, he's happy to accept Jamilee's charity. "Hyrag bless you for your generosity."

Errandir

First Post
Reis spends his part of the journey for the most part in silence. He walks as far away from Tibard as possible, whistling occasionally in a light, birdsong manner. When Christopher stops to put on the light display, he grins appreciatively. "The arcane arts are a marvelous thing," he muses to the Katara. "How did you come to practice them?"

As they prepare to stop for the night, he accedes to Jamilee's offer with a brief nod of thanks. "I'll take third watch, then."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Jonah human male

Jonah traveled along side everyone for a time and wondered at the fast pace. He and Blue weren't use to traveling in a group, it was always just the two if them. And normally he would take to finding something for the two of them to eat but everytime he would try and search the others would get way far ahead and have to stop or if they saw him falling behind they (especially Jamilee) would tell him to quicken his pace.

This left him no time to forge or Blue no time to sniff out any game. So when they ate it was of the little bit of food he had on him, but soon that was gone. So when they reached the inn and Jamilee said she would pay for a hot meal Jonah leaped at the idea of food, and Blue was right there beside him.

As they enter the structure Jonah asks, "What's be a watch?"

[sblock=OOC] Umm... no trail rations here. Jonah is a green adventure for sure. I'm guessing I will lose my cheese and bread (which is what they were for) And Jonah might just slow everyone down the next day as he will need to use the Survival skill to eat (move 15') unless someone supplies him with rations. Oh wait I'll buy some more bread and stuff from this tavern. Duh! [/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
(OOC: You can buy trail rations and basic food at the standard price from this inn.)

Jamilee pays for room and board for the night. During the watches, nobody notices anything out of the ordinary. A few straggling travelers enter the inn late at night, but that's all.

In the morning, you're served breakfast in the common room, and you're soon on your way again.

Towards the end of the second day, your map takes you off the road to Rivendale Rivenblight and diverts you down a barely used trail. It doesn't seem likely that you'll find an inn this way. Night falls, your animals and your own feet are tired, and you find a little used camping spot, complete with a fire pit, at the side of the trail.

(If you will, deduct another day's food, and describe your preparations for the evening. What do you do with your gear when you sleep?)

(I'm going to assume that the watch looks like this:

1st: Jonah, Blue, and Jamilee
2nd: Jamilee and Christopher
3rd: Reis and Tibard

Jamilee gets 2 because she only needs to trance for 4 hours)

First watch goes by without event.

It is now deep into the night. Christopher and Jamilee have been staring into the dark for three hours now, listening to the slumber of their companions and the rustling of woodland creatures...

[sblock=Jamilee and Christopher][sblock=Spot DC 20]Two pairs of menacing eyes gleam from the brush...[/sblock]
[sblock=Listen DC 15]A low growl emanates from the brush...[/sblock][/sblock]

Everyone else:
[sblock=Listen DC 25]A low growl emanates from the brush...[/sblock]

As usual, please roll on IC and link your results before opening the sblocks.

Last edited:

Remove ads