Eberron Collector's Guide

Hellcow

Adventurer
[MENTION=15800]Hellcow[/MENTION] would love to see this!
Indeed! Thanks for doing this, Echohawk!

While it's not official, I've also been doing a little bit of Eberron support on my website, and I plan to continue with this in the future. Recent articles:
Emailbag 9/25 - Dragonmarks & Droaam
Gunpowder and Item Rarity
The Order of the Emerald Claw & Zombies

It's hard for me to keep track of all the sites I'd like to, so I'm trying to make this the default place for people who want to ask me questions, just so the answers are in one place. If you want to send in a question, you can post it to one of the threads on the site or ping me on Twitter (HellcowKeith).

Festivus

First Post
I did not see D&D Encounters Season 2 - "Dark Sun: Fury of the Wastewalker" on your list. There are three chapters to it, "Chapter 1: An Obsidian Rain", "Chapter 2: Tomb of a Long Lost Age", and "Chapter 3: Flight to Tyr".

Bah, how did I manage to post in the wrong thread! Sorry, this is for the Dark Sun thread.

buddhafrog

First Post
That list is helpful - I'm considering buying/playing Eberron. But alas, it is also exceedingly daunting. It makes me want to keep my homebrew just a little. Where or where to start.....

Hellcow

Adventurer
That list is helpful - I'm considering buying/playing Eberron. But alas, it is also exceedingly daunting. It makes me want to keep my homebrew just a little. Where or where to start.....
I suggest that the first thing you do is to look at a few of the Dragonshard articles. They're entirely free, and give you a sense of the flavor of the world. Beyond that, the 4E Eberron Campaign Guide does (in my opinion) a good job of pulling together a lot of information that's spread across the 3E books; if you only get one book, that's the one I'd recommend. This is the reverse of the 4E Eberron Player's Guide; due to complaints that the original Eberron sourcebook gave away too many of the secrets of the world to players, the EPG actually gives away very little and in some cases is an unreliable narrator presenting common but false knowledge (IE, goblins are savages!).

Another thing about Eberron is that unlike Forgotten Realms, the novels aren't canon. Our goal with the novels is to provide inspiration - this is what an Eberron adventure could be like. But the adventure should be about YOUR heroes, not ours. As a result, when my protaganists acquire an artifact in my second novel, I put the stats for that artifact in Secrets of Sarlona and didn't mention the novel at all. Because in your game, I want your PCs to be the one who finds it. So the novels exist to give you ideas, but they don't define the world in the way the FR or Dragonlance novels do.

Antariuk

First Post
Sorry if this a necro but I want to thank Echohawk for this awesome list. Especially the entries for Dungeon and Dragon Magazine are worth gold for someone like me who is hunting down additional material for his game.

Aureon's blessings upon you!

P.S.: Sorry about the XP, I meant of course to be positive about that.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
Dang, I'd forgotten this was here! Thanks for maintaining it - I'll post a link on HDWT!
You're into Metal Detecting?

[sblock]I set 'em up; you knock 'em down.
winkgun.gif
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases