Making an APG character for the first time

pawsplay

Hero
Okay, so this is my first go making a PC with the rules from the APG. I've applied two Traits.

--

Life was hard for little Vativya, child of an unmarried human woman and a wandering elven bard. As a child, she was mocked for her watery, useless, pale eyes. Despite her blindness, she developed a knack for moving about adroitly. Although they lived in poverty as a washer-woman and a young blind girl, her mother did her best to seek out medical, magical, and divine remedies for her condition. When she was twelve, a cleric looked into her eyes and declared that the child was omened. The cleric ordered Vativya to her knees and ordered her to pray to the gods, guiding her to invoke an ancient oath to slay the profane and succor the righteous.Vativya at once had a vision of blood-soaked battlefield, and at once her eyes teared with brilliant blood. Though terrified, Vativya understood the voice of the divine and realized she would never be weak or vulnerable again. She is a spirited person, less concerned with what to do than how it is done, and seemingly always on the lookout for a good quest, although she has little patience for the self-serving.

Vativya is a sturdy half-elven woman, long of limb, with pale blond hair, tanned, buttery skin, and ghastly gray-blue eyes that tend to redness. Her plain garments and travel-worn appearance would suggest mendicancy, were it not for her arms and armor. She wears a coat of plates, fortified with greaves and a helm donated by a temple she once visited, and carries a greatsword slung at her shoulder, bequeathed to her by a wounded knight she met at a crossroads whom she tended.

VATIVYA SOLAROS
CG Half-elf
Oracle 1 (Favored Class)
Traits: Indomitable Faith, Poverty-Stricken

Str 13, Dex 13, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 15

Hit points: 9
AC 16 (+5 armor, +1 Dex)
Fortitude +1, Reflexes +1, Will +4

Attacks:
Greatsword, +2 melee (2d6+1, 19-20)
Shortspear, +1 melee or +1 ranged (1d6+1, range 20 ft)

SQ: Low-Light Vision, Elf Blood, Elven Immunities (immune sleep, +2 save. vs enchantments), Keen Senses, Multi-talented, Mystery (Battle), Oracle's Curse (Clouded Vision), Revelation (Skill at Arms, Weapon Mastery).
Speed 20 feet (30 unarmored)

Feats: Skill Focus (Intimidate) (B), Extra Revelation, Weapon Focus (greatsword) (B)

Skills:
Heal 1 (+5)
Intimidate 1 (+9)
Knowledge (Religion) 1 (+5)
Perception 1 (+7)
Spellcraft 1 (+5)
Survival 1 (+6)

Spells Known
0 (Orisons) - Bleed, Guidance, Stabilize, Virtue
1st (4/day)- Cure Light Wounds (B), Divine Favor, Remove Fear

Equipment: 105 gp
Signal horn (1 gp)
Greatsword (50 gp)
Shortspear x2 (2 gp)
Scale mail (50 gp)
Wooden holy symbol (1 gp)
Bedroll, sack x2, whetstone (3 sp, 2 cp)
Trail rations, one day (5 sp)
8 cp

tlantl

First Post
Why did you take the bleed orison? It goes against your alignment and your characters proposed purpose.

I missed the vengeful side sorry. But I still disagree with a chotic good murdering a living being when it is no longer a threat. vile and nasty as they are.

Last edited:

pawsplay

Hero
Why did you take the bleed orison? It goes against your alignment and your characters proposed purpose.

I missed the vengeful side sorry. But I still disagree with a chotic good murdering a living being when it is no longer a threat. vile and nasty as they are.

It's not an Evil spell. We are talking about a Battle Oracle, laying waste to her enemies, silencing the suffering of the fallen with a touch and sending them to meet their deities...

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
It's not an Evil spell. We are talking about a Battle Oracle, laying waste to her enemies, silencing the suffering of the fallen with a touch and sending them to meet their deities...

+1. Alignment vs. philosophy questions are always dicey - you can justify/rationalize a LOT. But I do agree that sending a bad guy to meet his deity isn't necessarily an evil act even if said Barrie is incapacitated.

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
For combat I think the Battle Oracle is a great class, and look forward to one day running my own. Don't hate me, but my first APG class, because I need to match the adventure party alignment and current style is an Anti-Paladin. I still look forward to running it very much, though. :devil:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases