Ravenloft Collector's Guide

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Another superlative list, Echohawk!

There are a few things missing, but that's mostly because the Kargatane had several other quasi-official releases that, with the demise of their website, were lost forever. I had several of their other Children of the Night web releases, for example, and then lost them in a hard drive crash. They can't be retrieved now.

Also, a lot of great fan-created material can now be found over on the new home of Ravenloft of the web, the Fraternity of Shadows. Those are completely unofficial, though some, such as S and Azalin's plan for her are still very interesting.

That said, I should point out John W. Mangrum's unfinished release of Death Undaunted, which would have been an official Kargatane release.

Also, on a personal note, I'm proud to be the author (though not the designer) of the "Zakhata, the False God" Spellfire card. :D

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Yet another list favorited. :D

Minor note, the release year on these two items...

Van Richten's Guide to the Walking Dead (February 2002)
Ravenloft Gazetteer: Volume III (April 2002)

Should be 2003 I believe.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
There are a few things missing, but that's mostly because the Kargatane had several other quasi-official releases that, with the demise of their website, were lost forever. I had several of their other Children of the Night web releases, for example, and then lost them in a hard drive crash. They can't be retrieved now.
Are you perhaps thinking of Terrors from Above and Haunted Sites, which were once official Kargatane releases, but weren't included when the site was mothballed?

I've been unable to find any Kargatane releases in the "Children of the Night" series other than "Demons". In fact, way back in 2000, the Kargatane site had this to say about that series:
One current series of Ravenloft products that the Kargatane fully intends to continue producing is the Children of the Night line. The next in this series, Children of the Night: Demons, will be released later next year, and will be the first Kargatane release to use 3rd Edition rules!
Did they sneak in some other releases in that series before releasing Demons in October 2003?

Also, a lot of great fan-created material can now be found over on the new home of Ravenloft of the web, the Fraternity of Shadows.
*nod* I'm a big fan of the Fraternity of Shadows, and it is usually my first point of call for Ravenloft research (included checking some of the items on the above list). It would have been interesting to see what additional releases might have emerged if the "official" moniker had been transferred to FoS when the Kargatane shut down.
Also, on a personal note, I'm proud to be the author (though not the designer) of the "Zakhata, the False God" Spellfire card. :D
Nice! All hail the Devourer! ;)

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
You missed the Gencon tournaments.
*nod*

With a few exceptions, I haven't included adventures that were written for/run only at tournaments in any of the Collector's Guides. I did made exceptions for those that were released separately (as part of one of the "Living" campaigns, for example). I'll take a look at those threads, though, and see if those two adventures warrant inclusion.

Catman Jim

First Post
It's very cool to see that you linked to my collection of Ravenloft promotional rarities, Echohawk.

Have you obtained the new Ravenloft art book by Talon Dunning, "Out of the Mists"? That might be appropriate for your list as well. Link below to obtain a PDF preview or purchase:

Arcane•Marks: The Gallery Fantastic

:cool:

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
It's very cool to see that you linked to my collection of Ravenloft promotional rarities, Echohawk.

Heh heh. I believe your document contains the only pictures of some of those Ravenloft collectibles available anywhere online. I looked long and hard for those and was really pleased to discover that you had collected them all in one place. (I decided the menu didn't really count as a Ravenloft product though :p)

Have you obtained the new Ravenloft art book by Talon Dunning, "Out of the Mists"? That might be appropriate for your list as well.

That's a great suggestion -- I've added it to the Guide.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Are you perhaps thinking of Terrors from Above and Haunted Sites, which were once official Kargatane releases, but weren't included when the site was mothballed?

Those two titles were created by the Kargatane for WotC at their request from the entries of two Ravenloft contests they ran (in the magazines DRAGON and/or DUNGEON, IIRC). When the Secrets of the Kargatane ceased being the official Ravenloft Web site, we had to take them down (along with some other material TSR and WotC gave us over the years) because they belonged to WotC.

I've been unable to find any Kargatane releases in the "Children of the Night" series other than "Demons". In fact, way back in 2000, the Kargatane site had this to say about that series:

Did they sneak in some other releases in that series before releasing Demons in October 2003?

Nope - CotN: Demons was the only release in that series, so you have them all. B-)

Once again, *excellent* work on this compilation list, Echohawk!

Alzrius

The EN World kitten

Whoops, just now noticed this! :blush:

Apparently, those were what I was thinking of. I did some checking, and you're right that there weren't any other CotN releases. I just knew they did have some other official products that were lost when the site closed down.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases