Tikkchik Fen Tikktikk's Ultimate (Editable!) Character Sheet

After multiple requests here and more than half a decade of evolution (neverending!) I am happy to finally present

Tikkchik Fen Tikktikk's Ultimate (Editable!) Character Sheet

What is so "ultimate" about this sheet?

• Everything an experienced player needs to play the game is on one--the first--page. Ignore the other pages if you want.
  • The first page has been carefully laid out so everything is where you need it, expect it, and want it to be to make checks easy and combat speedy.
  • Action Index on the first page!
  • Complete descriptions for racial traits, class/path/destiny/theme features, and feats on the first page!
  • The second page is a role-player and journaler's dream, with lots of room for character description, notes on the current campaign, etc.
  • The third page (through to the magic item and ritual pages once you get to the higher levels) contains complete power descriptions! This can't be emphasized enough, and I highlight the benefits below.
  • Pages beyond the third have room for full magic item descriptions and ritual descriptions, formatted similarly to my custom power description!
  • It's printed, not handwritten, so you can actually figure out your character's state and options at a glance while avoiding mistakes in rulings.
  • Unlike the Character Builder sheet, this is nice to look at and easy to read (I am biased).
  • And, as opposed to all of those gorgeous sheets that can only been written on by hand or edited with expensive design software, it's editable in the darn-near universal word processor!

Why am I so excited by my custom power description layout?

• It is more condensed but easier to read and use than the official layout.
  • It includes the complete power description--including flavor text--while being easier to read and use than the power card layout.
  • Pre-calculates accuracy and damage, speeding up combat
  • Indicates the range thanks to @Daelkyr's Attack Icon Font

Technical Notes:

• The blank template is the file "4E Full Page Character Sheet TEMPLATE.doc".
  • It is created in Word 2007 for Windows, though in the 97-2003 format.
  • They require the Calibri typeface and the afore-linked Attack Icon Font.
  • I've tried opening this in Open Office, Pages, and Word 2003 for Mac (don't have access to 2008, sorry) and they all destroy the table and column formatting on import. I haven't been able to recreate this sheet to my liking in any of those programs either. Sorry to support the Microsoft monopoly, but I have found Word is the best tool for this job. I've really tried to make a Pages version since I'm almost Mac only at home, but I've failed and stopped trying since I think that time is probably better spent on a web-version that outputs to pdf. (That will probably never happen, but it's nice to dream.)
  • When editing in Word, make sure you have "View Gridlines" turned on. It's under the Layout tab on the ribbon.
  • I've included PDFs as reference material.
  • The template is completely empty. The Barqan Lvl 3 .doc uses the most recent power description format for you to use as an example.
  • The Dak (level 2 Githzerai Monk) character is an example of the sheet from Spring 2010, and the Lamothi (level 5 Elf Wizard) character (requires the Futura Book typeface and the Attack Icon Font) is an example of the sheet from Summer 2008.

I hope you find it as useful as I do. Constructive criticism is welcome.

The content of this post including its attachments are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License

Attachments

• DDEncounters-Barqan-Lvl03_Page_1.jpg
    DDEncounters-Barqan-Lvl03_Page_1.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 817
  • DDEncounters-Barqan-Lvl03_Page_2.jpg
    DDEncounters-Barqan-Lvl03_Page_2.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 546
  • DDEncounters-Barqan-Lvl03_Page_3.jpg
    DDEncounters-Barqan-Lvl03_Page_3.jpg
    322.4 KB · Views: 547
  • DDEncounters-Barqan-Lvl03_Page_4.jpg
    DDEncounters-Barqan-Lvl03_Page_4.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 415
  • TikkchikFenTikkTikksCharacterSheet.zip
    12.1 MB · Views: 866
Last edited:

Mr. Teapot

First Post
That looks surprisingly like the word document that I use for my characters.

Increasingly, I prefer to sort powers by action type, rather than by usage. Then I note with the power how often it can be used.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases