abilities in 4e

Yqatuba

First Post
With no divine rank in 4e how will things like divine. cosmic etc abilities be assigned? I'm guessing maybe just call the feats for the immortal, sidereal etc tier divine, cosmic etc?

Hiya mate! :)

Yqatuba said:
With no divine rank in 4e how will things like divine. cosmic etc abilities be assigned? I'm guessing maybe just call the feats for the immortal, sidereal etc tier divine, cosmic etc?

At the moment, I'm continuing the feat progression but there won't be any Level 30+ feats. Instead, above Level 30 will be Divine Abilities, and these will be equivalent to two feats.

So, when you get a new feat slot at Level 32 (or whatever) you can either take a new feat from either the Heroic, Paragon or Epic Tiers. Or you can take a Divine Ability by retraining one of your existing feats.

Divine and Cosmic Abilities (especially the combat based abilities), as they exist in Ascension, will be amalgamated into the Class Progression where necessary, or into the Portfolio Paths (which replace the Paragon Paths over Levels 31-40).

I'll actually have a new article about this on my (new) website in a day or so.

Khisanth the Ancient said:
For example, deities of a certain level get free Maven/Omnicompetent; sidereals get free Cosmic String + Cosmic Consciousness free; etc.

Will there be similar 'blanket' benefits for everybody Immortal/Sidereal/whatever tier in 4e?

Much less, because the levels themselves are the defacto power now, rather than any templates. But there will still be one or two Hyper Shifting being one example.

Khisanth the Ancient said:
For example, deities of a certain level get free Maven/Omnicompetent; sidereals get free Cosmic String + Cosmic Consciousness free; etc.

Will there be similar 'blanket' benefits for everybody Immortal/Sidereal/whatever tier in 4e?

Much less, because the levels themselves are the defacto power now, rather than any templates. But there will still be one or two, Hyper Shifting being one example.

Yqatuba said:
What about cosmic, transcendental etc ablilities?

I don't really think 4E needs those distinctions.

With divinity now level based (rather than template based) the cosmic powers would be whatever powers you gained through levels 41-50, the transcendental powers would be those gained through 51-60 and so on and so forth.

I am sure there will be certain basic powers that will change per tier (hyper-shifting will probably be replaced by teleporting in the 41-50 tier. But I'll try and keep these things to a minimum while still giving the tier something unique.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases