Planescape Planescape Collector's Guide

Also, I'd suggest adding "Return of the Modrons" from Dragon #354 (April 2007). Not to be "that guy", but I know this Planescape article exists because I wrote it. :)

And thanks for the resource! Awesome work!

Shemeska

Adventurer
Also, I'd suggest adding "Return of the Modrons" from Dragon #354 (April 2007). Not to be "that guy", but I know this Planescape article exists because I wrote it. :)

And thanks for the resource! Awesome work!

I really liked your take on them.

I'd also suggest adding the archomental articles in Dragon 347 and 353 as well.

And not be "that guy" but perhaps the Demiplane article in Dragon 353, and the Keeper Ecology in the same (since they started out in Planescape). :)

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
This is reaching, but what about A Paladin in Hell?
Also, I'd suggest adding "Return of the Modrons" from Dragon #354 (April 2007).
I'd also suggest adding the archomental articles in Dragon 347 and 353 as well. And not be "that guy" but perhaps the Demiplane article in Dragon 353, and the Keeper Ecology in the same (since they started out in Planescape). :)
Thanks for all of these excellent suggestions. I've added them all, as well as some of the other articles from #347, which also had a strong planar theme.

And please don't anyone be shy about being "that guy" -- I am always delighted to get suggestions for additions and improvements to any of the Collector's Guides. If anything, getting suggestions from the folks who wrote the material in question makes me happier still :).

Lady of pain belt buckle?

I might have to dust off my time machine and dial up 1994 to see if I can score one of those sweet belt buckles!

LOVE these collector's guides - THANKS!

Big Mac

Explorer
Very nice.
Might want to consider including this as well:
MC8: Monstrous Compendium, Outer Planes Appendix I

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not sure about MC8. It predates Planescape, and while it certainly contains lots of planar creatures, I don't think that's quite enough to qualify it as a Planescape collectible. (Otherwise there are a lot of other books of planar lore that should also be included on the list...)

I'd be inclined to agree with Bulak. Planescape is an evolution of Manual of the Planes (and associated products like OP1 Tales of the Outer Planes and MC8 Monstrous Compendium, Outer Planes Appendix). I'd say the same applies to the pre-Forgotten Realms Oriental Adventures products, and how they relate to the Kara-Tur subsetting. To some people (not everyone, I'll admit), the old is part of the new.

And the 3rd Edition Manual of the Planes (and associated products like the Planar Handbook) are the closest a 3e fan has, from WotC, to an official Planescape conversion. I'd say the same applies to the 4e Manual of the Planes.

The 4th Edition Manual of the Planes (and associated products) show you how to connect Planescape to Nentir Vale/Nerath.

I think that the people that do want more out of D&D than Planescape would give them, would like to look up information on all of these, to see how they might fit in with their collection of Planescape stuff.

The other thing that I think a collector might be interested in is Roger E. Moore's Gates in the World of Greyhawk download, as that shows how Greyhawk connects to various other worlds and planes.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Updated to include a handful of French, German and Spanish Planescape releases. I haven't stumbled across any other translations (at least not for Planescape products), if anyone knows of any, please let me know.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Hi all,

It's been three years since I first posted the Planescape Collector's Guide in this thread, and in that time it's been updated many times and eventually migrated to the ENWorld wiki. I really like the wiki for the basic Collector's Guides, and ENWorld is going to remain the home of the authoritative short versions. However, the Geeklist format over at RPG Geek is a bit more flexible, so I'm pleased to be able to announce an expanded Planescape Collector's Guide. Join me for a chronological guided tour through the Planescape product line and beyond.

If you enjoy the expanded Planescape guide, you might also want to look at the similar Geeklist for Spelljammer. If you have any comments, or suggestions for improvements for any future expanded guides, I'd be interested to hear them.

Echohawk

Remove ads