Manyshot and Rapid Shot

Eternalknight

First Post
Let me know if this has been bought up before....

One of my players (an Elf Fighter/Wizard/Arcane Archer) wants to take both Rapid Shot and Manyshot. Before I allow him to, can these two feats be used together?

Mr Fidgit

First Post
of course. i looked under the epic feats, not the non-epic feats :rolleyes:

well, obviously i've never checked this before (so i could be wrong...), but IMO, no, because

1) rapid shot requires a full attack action and many shot is a standard action.

2) "for every 5 points of BAB....to a maximum of four arrows". i think if rapid shot could be added to many shot, they would have written that into the description (especially since its a prereq)

again, IMO :)

Caliber

Explorer
Note that using Manyshot isn't an Attack Action, its a Standard Action all of its own.

Rapid Shot on the other hand gives an archer another attack when using the Full Attack Action. So no, they can't be used together. Manyshot also fails to work with Shot On The Run, unfortunetly.

The only way to get more than one Manyshot per round is to possess some form of Haste.

Caliber

Explorer
Xeriar said:
Some serious form of haste, too, since a standard action is more than a partial action...

Erm ... without really getting into it, I'll just say no not really.

You can do pretty much anything you can do with a Standard Action using a Partial Action instead. Cast a spell, Attack, or use Manyshot, for example.

James McMurray

First Post
I believe Rapid Shot is a prereq for Manyshot. But in any case, they both have their uses. Rapid shot is much more useful when you are fighting multiple foes.

Remove ads