Converting First Edition Monsters

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Environment, Treasure, alignment sound good.

Definitley a magical sword (with properties intrinsic to the wind spirit). Not sure what to choose different from the various angels and devas, though.

Advancing to Large sounds good. Follow the same type progression as the deva?

Cleon

Legend
Environment, Treasure, alignment sound good.

Definitley a magical sword (with properties intrinsic to the wind spirit). Not sure what to choose different from the various angels and devas, though.

How about some combination of keen, shocking, speed or thundering?

Advancing to Large sounds good. Follow the same type progression as the deva?

I'd have them Advance to Large, yes.

Cleon

Legend
Seems fair enough.

So we just need a description and some flavour text.

After a lot of rummaging around the internet I failed to find much information about what Maruts actually look like. Apart from having "iron teeth" and "roaring voices" they seem to look pretty much like humans. They wield "golden weapons" with the power of thunder and lightning. So, that suggests something like.

The being before you resembles a heroically proportioned man wielding a golden greatsword that crackles with lightning. He roars with excitement, revealing teeth that gleam like iron.

All maruts are male, so "he" is quite appropriate, by the way.

Cleon

Legend
Updated.

Anything else?

Shouldn't its Greatsword be +26 melee, not +25? Did we forget the Greater Weapon Focus?

BAB +16 Str +7 enhancement +1, WF +1 GWF +1 = 16+7+3 = 16+10 = 26

Also, the shock property give +1d6 electricity on any hit, so I'd make it:

Attack: +1 thundering shock greatsword +26 melee (2d6+13 plus 1d6 electricity/17-20 plus 1d6 electricity plus 1d8 sonic damage on a critical hit)
Full Attack: +1 thundering shock greatsword +26/+21/+16/+11 melee (2d6+13 plus 1d6 electricity/17-20 plus 1d6 electricity plus 1d8 sonic damage on a critical hit)

There's also an extraneous "to" in their tactics: "wielding their magical greatswords to with martial mastery".

Remove ads