Pathfinder 1E Incarnum in Pathfinder

Arcath

First Post
Thanks for the test and the feedback! What level is the party?

On a side (but related) note, I'm actually running my own game these days, and the party has just attacked a mountain fortress wherein lies a tribe of desert-dwelling people who've been making their living by banditry. Last session the party took care of most of the noncombatant tribe members and mooks, and this coming weekend they go after the leadership who gathered together on the top level to figure out a plan to deal with the intruders. One of the leaders is a 6th-level Totemist using the Monstershaper Archetype, so I'm about to get my own (brief) playtest here. Of course, as an NPC enemy it's more or less intended that he go down in defeat (if not death), but he'll be fighting tooth and claw to avoid that. Should be interesting!

The actual top leader of the tribe is an Azurin Barbarian 8 with a couple of Incarnum feats (including the ridiculously obvious Cobalt Rage), but that's neither here nor there- not a playtest of the Incarnum classes proper.

Sorry for the slow response, didn't notice that you asked. Level was 7 and now my character has sadly died because party infighting (long story, really) that lead to a TPK (yes, we self-TPK'd. The last man standing was the Skald of all people. And he went into negatives when his rage ended)

So that's it for playtesting so far. As far as combat went, totemist at that level seemed reasonably balanced. It's ability out-skill things in the skill(s) it decides to focus on may be unbalanced, but since I was the only skill monkey on the team I can't really comment.

Remove ads