DM Tool: L4e Experience Calculator/Tracker

Tenchuu

First Post
As promised, I made a tool in excel to quickly calculate time experience/gold on a per day basis. However, I also added in some other stuff.

http://www.nexusnine.net/downloads/l4w/L4eExpCalc.xls

This is version 1.0 -- I ask the other DMs to give it a shot and give me any feedback / suggestions / bugs.

It does a few things:

• Enter in the encounter experience, and it tracks the players level post-encounter
  • Enter the days for the encounter, and it calculates time exp/gold
  • Enter the desired encounter level (relative to party level), and it figures out the experience budget for you.
It supports 12 players, and should go up to level 30. After 9 encounters, you need to start with a new sheet. I find it really usefully for planning/building adventures.

Notes:
1. I built it in Excel 2007, because that's what I have at work and at home. I saved it in 2003 format, but I don't have a PC with that version to test it on. I know at the very least some of the colors will be odd, and perhaps some of the formulas won't work out of the box either. You might need to turn on some of the addons in 2003. I'm not sure, so I'll accept some feedback there from those who can test it.
2. I locked the workbook, to keep you from accidentally messing up a formula, but there is no password. So feel free to unlock it and muck around.

T

renau1g

First Post
Looks good Tenchuu. I've got one I use as well, but this looks nicer (and uses better formulas ;)).

When I start a new addie I'll likely give this one a try.

Remove ads