GLEE Season Premiere: Auditions

GrayLinnorm

Explorer
Well here it is, the return of the little show that could. I really hope there isn't a sophomore slump.

The premise: Glee holds auditions after one of its members leaves (Shaft, we hardly knew ye). Among the new members are Chord Overstreet as Sam Evans, a member of the football team that Finn recruits and Charice Pempengco as Sunshine Corazon, or Other Other Asian, and Dot Jones as the new football coach (I still think they should have had Coach Tanaka team up with Sue). Meanwhile Tina falls in love with Mike Chang.

I'll have a list of all the songs after the show.

GrayLinnorm

Explorer
This episode wasn't as good as others. Rachel was a real jerk in this episode. Yes she's been a narcissistic diva before, but she's also been sympathetic. This time the other glee members had good reason to hate her. If she's not careful, she's going to turn into Sue.

As usual, the musical numbers were the best part. They are:

The glee club sings "Empire State of Mind", originally performed by Jay-Z
Sam sings "Every Rose Has Its Thorn", originally performed by Poison
Rachel and Charice sing "Telephone", originally performed by Lady Gaga
Tina sings "Getting to Know You", from The King and I
Sam and the other boys sing "Billionaire", originally performed by Travis McCoy
Charice sings "Listen", from Dreamgirls
Rachel sings "What I Did For Love", from A Chorus Line

Krug

Newshound
Wow that was a lot of musical numbers. Sam's predicament seems too much like Flynn's from last season, and the female football coach thing might be good for a few laughs but not sure if it can sustain. But I'll watch it for the musical numbers.

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
It was decent, but I can't shake the feeling that the novelty is wearing off. I first got the feeling last season when the show returned after it's hiatus.

I hope the show will prove me wrong!

nai_cha

First Post
Rachel, even when it's NOT the monsoon it's not sunny everyday here

I hope this means more Mike Chang abs in future episodes!

Seriously, though, looking forward to the Britney episode. On one hand, nice to see Quinn back to her queen bee beyotchness and Rachel being a diva again, but on the other hand, it's like wow, they learned nothing from their experiences last year. Like they stagnated over the summer. Character development, where art thou?

The other characters were hilarious, though, and if it's true about who Sam's gonna hook up with that's gonna be really interesting. And cute.

Fast Learner

First Post
Rachel was a real jerk in this episode. Yes she's been a narcissistic diva before, but she's also been sympathetic. This time the other glee members had good reason to hate her.

Agreed, it was very not good. When she sang "What I Did For Love" I thought, "for love? Love of yourself, maybe."

I have sympathy in the sense that I'm sure I've done similarly selfish things at some point in my life, but her actions were nothing but selfish.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
On one hand, nice to see Quinn back to her queen bee beyotchness and Rachel being a diva again, but on the other hand, it's like wow, they learned nothing from their experiences last year. Like they stagnated over the summer. Character development, where art thou?

Because teens are known for their solid and reliable development? Like old habits die easy, and people never make the same mistake twice? I think a bit of backsliding when the pressure was off seems realistic.

They specifically noted how the club thought of themselves as family - and darned straight, the biggest fights most people ever have are with? Their own families!

Remove ads