A Merc's Life: Howl of the Carrion King [03]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=Tsadok]Tsadok can move through the squares occupied by Houwlou and Aodhán without problem. However, he only has two options for moving through the squares occupied by the Chokers.

1. Overrun the creature in the square (Core Rules pg. 201)
  2. Tumble through the square (Core Rules pg. 87-88)

Note that option 1 will provoke an AoO from each of the Chokers; option 2 will have a chance of avoiding the AoO depending on the Skill Check.

For option 1 you'll roll d20 + Tsadok's CMB vs. Choker's CMD. For option 2 you'll roll one Tumble check and I'll compare it to the DC of each Choker (one DC will be 2 pts higher than the other).

You can just add the rolls to your previous post (whether you use IC or the ENWorld roller).[/sblock]

mleibrock

First Post
[sblock=Tsadok]Tsadok can move through the squares occupied by Houwlou and Aodhán without problem. However, he only has two options for moving through the squares occupied by the Chokers.

1. Overrun the creature in the square (Core Rules pg. 201)
  2. Tumble through the square (Core Rules pg. 87-88)

Note that option 1 will provoke an AoO from each of the Chokers; option 2 will have a chance of avoiding the AoO depending on the Skill Check.

For option 1 you'll roll d20 + Tsadok's CMB vs. Choker's CMD. For option 2 you'll roll one Tumble check and I'll compare it to the DC of each Choker (one DC will be 2 pts higher than the other).

You can just add the rolls to your previous post (whether you use IC or the ENWorld roller).[/sblock]

So, considering their size, I think Tsadok will bull rush the one in front of him trying to slam him into the wall behind him. If he is successful, could the creature possibly take damage from the impact? I dont see anything in the rules about this - only that you can't push it through an immovable object (WELL DUH!)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
So, considering their size, I think Tsadok will bull rush the one in front of him trying to slam him into the wall behind him. If he is successful, could the creature possibly take damage from the impact? I dont see anything in the rules about this - only that you can't push it through an immovable object (WELL DUH!)

[sblock=MikeL]It seems weird that you can ignore the fact that Harnry is between you and your Bull Rush target, but I find nothing in the rules to prohibit it so I'll allow it.

Just need you to make a d20 roll, adding in Tsadok's CMB. You cannot cause damage (the description of Bull Rush: 'attempts to push an opponent straight back without doing any harm.')

Normally his target would get an AoO, but since he's grappled (because he's grappling Aodhán) he won't get one. However, Tsadok's movement during the Bull Rush will provoke an AoO from the Choker just to the north of his target.[/sblock]

mleibrock

First Post
Was thinking of those teamwork feats and though I know we don't have them, I am now curious as to what would happen is Tsadok also tried to grapple this guy?

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=MikeL (OOC)]The rules do provide for that (Core Rulebook, pg. 200-201), though in this case you'd need to keep in mind that although both of them have the grappled condition, the Choker is grappling Aodhán, not the other way 'round. So Tsadok would be grappling the Choker, and the Choker would be grappling Aodhán.[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Keeland

Taking care not to hit his companions, Keeland fires at one of the strange attackers with his bow.

[sblock=Stat Block]
Code:
   HP: 26/26     AC: 16   AC(T): 13   AC(FF): 13
 Init: +03    ST(F):+04   ST(R):+06    ST(W):+05
  Per: +10                       HERO Points: 03

BAB: 02       CMB: 03     CMD: 16

Weapon                   Attack    Damage      Critical     Special
Tempest (Longbow)        +7        1d8+2       19-20/x3     Rng: 110
Longsword                +2        1d8+1       19-20/x2     

Spells:
    Cantrips                              First Level (1/4)
    * Detect Magic                        * Confusion, Lesser
    * Light                               * Cure Light Wounds
    * Mage Hand                           * Sleep
    * Mending                             * Summon Monster I
    * Prestidigitation
    * Resistance
[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
ooc:I am confused here. is this the next round? if so, then . . .

IC: with a bit if effort Harnrey points a finger on his empty hand and summons a dart of primal material made of acid. the green blob shoots through the air and ( pause to roll the dice) . . . it strikes true ( I am only guessing of course) against the creature at (A,4).

Last edited:

mleibrock

First Post
Sorry for the delay. Tsadok needs to clean up his first round action which may necessitate changing your second round action. I've been pretty busy here lately but will get Tsadok's action up this afternoon so Mikey can move us along.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
ooc:I am confused here. is this the next round? if so, then . . .

IC: with a bit if effort Harnrey points a finger on his empty hand and summons a dart of primal material made of acid. the green blob shoots through the air and ( pause to roll the dice) . . . it strikes true ( I am only guessing of course) against the creature at (A,4).

[sblock=Harnry]No need to guess - the ACs are posted in the 'Combat' block so you guys can resolve your actions without delay :)[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[sblock=re: AC] ah, see it now. to hit houwlou, i need an 11, my self a 12 and the chockers a 13. [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases