A Merc's Life: Howl of the Carrion King [03]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The man watches as you all cross, quirking an eyebrow and looking somewhat bemused at the sight of Haider in his bindings.

"Gentlemen, it's been an absolute pleasure . . . do come by again!"

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
You cross the bridge safely and continue on your way, collecting a very bedraggled Keeland as you go. The other members of the caravan stop as you pass, looking on quietly at the strange procession you make on your way to Almah's tent.

Garavel gives an obvious start as he sees your approach, and his expression is grave as he ushers you into Almah's quarters. The caravan mistress' reaction is somewhat more dramatic. She leaps from behind her desk with a cry of ""Uncle! What in the names of the Gods are you doing here? What's happened to you? You look like hell!" Just as quickly as she reacted, the mercurial woman calms herself. With a last sidelong glance at Haidar she calmly asks you for a report, including an accounting of how you met her Uncle and why he is brought to her tent bound and gagged.

mleibrock

First Post
Tsadok

Feeling a bit sheepish from having her uncle bound but very grateful we did not kill him, Tsadok merely looks at the ground as he waits for another of the party to reveal the sorted affair.

Scotley

Hero
Keeland

With great care, Keeland describes finding Haidar in the abandoned shrine of Nyths and the strange mists there. He notes that the group became concerned as Haidar became increasingly agitated and angry with no provocation. When the group finally acted to protect themselves from what we believed to be immanent attack, Haidar underwent a lycanthorpic change into a terrible beast and was only subdued at considerable personal injury to ourselves. We certainly mean him no harm, but consider him dangerously unstable.

Leif

Adventurer
Houwlou Groulenas, Olcán Ranger 3

Houwlou, looking even more sheepish than Keeland, if such is possible (and I gather that it is, since Houwlou has the whlole 'whipped puppy' thing helping him, ahem), stares at his feet during this exchange. Afterward, he will whisper to Tsadok, "Apologies, friend, it seems you have been proven right once again."

[sblock=Stat Block]
Code:
   Level: Olcán Ranger3
   HP: 32/32     AC: 17   AC(T): 11   AC(FF): 16
 Init: +01    ST(F):+04  ST(R):+04    ST(W):+05

BAB: 03       CMB: +6     CMD: 17

Weapon                  Attack    Damage      Critical     Special
Longsword (MW)          +6        1d8+3       19-20/x2     +1 TH Gnolls
  Dagger +1             +6        1d4+2       19-20/x2     +3 TH/Damage
Longsword (MW)          +4        1d8+3       19-20/x2        (Undead)
  Longsword             +3        1d8+1       19-20/x2     
Javelin                 +4        1d6+3          20/x2     

*+7 & +6 TH if using these alone in primary hand
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Almah takes a deep breath as Keeland ends his recitation. She removes the gag from Haidar's mouth and walks slowly back around her desk. She sits quietly for a long minute. Haidar stands silently in his bonds, his bearing regal. Though he is free to speak he does not do so.

"I fancy myself a good judge of character," Almah says, before fixing you with her intense gaze one by one. "You are my chosen men, and have proved yourselves well since I hired you. I tasked you with clearing the area surrounding Kelmarane and you are doing so. Never fear that you will be reprimanded for your sincere efforts to do my will."

Her gaze turns once more to the lycanthrope. "I had hoped not to use this except in extreme emergency, but 'blood will tell' as they say." She slides open a desk drawer and removes a scroll case. "Uncle Haidar, I have the means and the will to send you to a friend of mine in Katapesh. He is a priest high in Sarenrae's service and may be able to alleviate your condition. It will not be pleasant for you, I fear, and I suspect there will be a price to pay for whatever crimes you've committed. The Uncle I knew as a child would not flinch at such measures. I suppose we shall see if there's any of him left in you." As she speaks, she takes pen and paper and scribes a note. Folding and sealing it, she places it in Haidar's sash where it is plainly visible.

Moving decisively, she opens the scroll and begins to read. As she comes to the end of the scroll, she touches her Uncle lightly on the forehead and he winks from your sight. The merchant princess looks at the now empty space where he stood and sighs.

"Gentlemen, you've served me well. Rest for the night, and kindly resume your scouting of the area in the morning."

Leif

Adventurer
Houwlou Groulenas, Olcán Ranger 3

(Just found out that H and company made L4. Got to update sheet soon....)

Houwlou the Olcán bows deeply and kisses the ring of His Gracious Lady. "I don't know what I did to deserve such a mistress as you, Lady, but whatever it was, it must have been very good!"

[sblock=Stat Block]
Code:
   Level: Olcán Ranger3
   HP: 32/32     AC: 17   AC(T): 11   AC(FF): 16
 Init: +01    ST(F):+04  ST(R):+04    ST(W):+05

BAB: 03       CMB: +6     CMD: 17

Weapon                  Attack    Damage      Critical     Special
Longsword (MW)          +6        1d8+3       19-20/x2     +1 TH Gnolls
  Dagger +1             +6        1d4+2       19-20/x2     +3 TH/Damage
Longsword (MW)          +4        1d8+3       19-20/x2        (Undead)
  Longsword             +3        1d8+1       19-20/x2     
Javelin                 +4        1d6+3          20/x2     

*+7 & +6 TH if using these alone in primary hand
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases