A Merc's Life: Howl of the Carrion King [03]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
" Thank you very much Aodhán. I think i will go next." Harnrey takes off into the mists if Aodhán calls that he is through.

OOC: what save is it, again please.

Scotley

Hero
Keeland

The elf hesitates, turning his keen senses to the wall and trying to determine how it might open.

Maybe I can redeem myself for my weakness in the mists...

[sblock=GM]Try searching for a way to open the door, also could we get a current map?[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Harnry and Aodhán make it safely through the mists, calling out from the other side once across. Keeland searches both the door and his memories for some idea as to how to open the blasted thing.

[sblock=Keeland]Nuerons firing on all cylinders, Keeland quickly puts together that this place was originally a shrine to Nethys, the god of Magic. He makes an intuitive leap and figures that casting an arcane spell on the door might just do the trick . . .[/sblock]

[sblock=Apologies]Apparantly I forgot to subscribe to my own thread :-S:blush:! I totally missed this stuff up to now. Anyway, back on track![/sblock]

Attachments

• The Refuge of the All-Seeing Eye.jpg
    The Refuge of the All-Seeing Eye.jpg
    553.6 KB · Views: 94
  • The Refuge of the All-Seeing Eye (Zoom).jpg
    The Refuge of the All-Seeing Eye (Zoom).jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
"So...I guess it's just us again... so, uh, you still like ... stuff Harnry?" Aodhán asks awkwardly as he waits for the others.

Scotley

Hero
Keeland

The elf, caught up in his curiosity, softly sings a brace of tunes. The first to prepare himself for unexpected consequences and the second a spell of movement upon the door. His face is radiant with excitement as he focuses the simple magic on the door.

OOC: Resistance and Mage Hand.

mleibrock

First Post
OOC - If Keeland is able to open the frigin' door, can we please backup time to the point we are all together again? If he fails, we can keep with the plan of crossing the mist. I think this is what was intended.

Also, the die roller still doesn't seem to be working correctly. I vote to keep using IC - we are all used to it so why switch unless there is an overwhelming reason.?

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: I have no problem with backing up in time. Whatever everyone wants is fine with me.

OOC: re-dice roller: It worked just fine when I used it earlier today, but, honestly, it's way more difficult than IC is, especially since we all know IC and are used to it. *shrug*

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
GM: *bamf* Time is Reversed, and you are all together again!

Re: Dice Roller - I've had no problems with the dice roller so far, but I'm really good either way. I know Ryan's said he likes IC better as well, so IC it is!

OOC: I know I posted a response to this describing the opening of the door, but it seems to have disappeared . . . I'll get one up this evening, along with a map showing what you can see on the other side and reflecting that you're all together.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Gears groan within the walls, and dust puffs into the air as the concealed door slides slowly up into the ceiling. Reeking of dust, the ransacked room on the other side appears to have been some sort of scriptorium. Slate-topped tables and cedar-wood stools lie overturned and broken amid the cracked remains of scroll cases and rolls. Three wings lead to the east. In them, decrepit scroll racks of dry-rotted cedar lean haphazardly against the walls, their contents dumped out. Flecks of papyrus carpet the floor, a library of ancient lore laid to waste.

Attachments

• The Refuge of the All-Seeing Eye.jpg
    The Refuge of the All-Seeing Eye.jpg
    614.8 KB · Views: 104

Remove ads