A Merc's Life: Howl of the Carrion King [03]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=Mike]Check the AC's...I know Tsadok's listed in the combat status block is incorrect, others maybe as well.

Also, this creature is bipedal correct? it just seemed to close very quickly. How far away was it before?[/sblock]

[sblock=Mike]The ACs are correct - Tsadok took 4 points of DEX damage from his Critical Miss, reducing his AC by 2.

It was 140' away. It did close quickly.[/sblock]

mleibrock

First Post
[sblock=Mike]Ahhh... I see you are correct, I was looking at OP when I shouild have looked at Hero lab. Thanks. Hopefully the grapple works, wish I would have rolled better.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
The very sight snaps something in Harnrey. He reaches deep down into his psyche and draws forth a power he had already used.

On the outside he seems to be in a catatonic trace for a few seconds until he mouthes words in the toungue of the ancient ones.
"minu juurde tulla, mul on vaja teie abi!"

The air stirs a little before him and then more and more as the words intesify.A whirlwind is summoned with a sight within it that was seen during the fight with the abominable peryton: an air elemental ! with a quick gesture Harnrey sends it to fight against the monstrosity outside.

action: use hero point to summon monster(II) to recall air elemental.

[sblock=info from previous casting]
Harnrey pulls out a tiny bag and a small candle and grins. "minu juurde tulla, mul on vaja teie abi!"

The wind starts picking up as Harnrey chants the same words over and over .. .. .. ..

summon monster II- summon a small air elemental
Feat: Augment Summoning
-benefits: Benefit: Each creature you conjure with any summon spell
-gains a +4 enhancement bonus to Strength and Constitution
-for the duration of the spell that summoned it.
[sblock=small air elemental stat block]
move 100 (perfect)
defense:
AC 17, touch 14, flat-footed 14 (+3 Dex, +3 natural, +1 size)
hp 17 (2d10+4)
Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +0
Defensive Abilities air mastery; Immune elemental traits
offense:
Speed fly 100 ft. (perfect)
Melee slam +6 (1d4+3)
Special Attacks whirlwind (DC 12)
stats:
Str 16, Dex 17, Con 16, Int 4, Wis 11, Cha 11
Base Atk +2; CMB +4; CMD 17
Feats Flyby Attack, Improved Initiative, Weapon Finesse
Skills Acrobatics +7, Escape Artist +7, Fly +17, Knowledge (planes) +1, Perception +4, Stealth +11[/sblock]

spell: casting time 1 round
range 35 feet
duration: 1 round / level (base)+1/2 levels (school power)= 6 rounds

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The goat-head reacts to Tsadok's charge quick as a striking snake; disdaining the use of his great black halberd for the moment, he twists his neck and intercepts the strapping young half-orc with a solid head-butt that stops Tsadok in his tracks.

[sblock=Mike]Wish you had, too. Grapple attempt provokes an AoO, and if the AoO hits the damage it does is added to the opponent's CMD - which made a difference in this case.[/sblock]

GM: Aodhán?

[sblock=Combat Status]
Code:
[u]Combatant          AC/ T/FF   -HP         Condition[/u]
Keeland            16/13/13    00         None
Kezurkian          19/14/17    07         None (Charged)
Tsadok             13/11/12    06         None
Aodhán             20/12/18    00         None
Houwlou            15/11/14    17         Flat-Footed
Harnry             14/12/12    00         Flat-Footed
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Ruined Mill (Kezurkian).jpg
    Ruined Mill (Kezurkian).jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:

mleibrock

First Post
The goat-head reacts to Tsadok's charge quick as a striking snake; disdaining the use of his great black halberd for the moment, he twists his neck and intercepts the strapping young half-orc with a solid head-butt that stops Tsadok in his tracks.

[sblock=Mike]Wish you had, too. Grapple attempt provokes an AoO, and if the AoO hits the damage it does is added to the opponent's CMD - which made a difference in this case.[/sblock]

GM: Aodhán?

[sblock=Combat Status]
Code:
Aodhán             20/12/18    00         Flat-Footed
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Well, that sucks![/sblock]

mleibrock

First Post
[sblock=Mike]Can you refer me to the section that refers to the use of a damage roll for the grapple? I don't see anything about it in the player's guide under grapple.[/sblock]

Never mind, I must have skimmed over that part. SUCKS!

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[sblock=Mike]Can you refer me to the section that refers to the use of a damage roll for the grapple? I don't see anything about it in the player's guide under grapple.[/sblock]

Never mind, I must have skimmed over that part. SUCKS!

Damage

You can inflict damage to your target equal to your unarmed strike, a natural attack, or an attack made with armor spikes or a light or one-handed weapon. This damage can be either lethal or nonlethal.

mleibrock

First Post
Damage

You can inflict damage to your target equal to your unarmed strike, a natural attack, or an attack made with armor spikes or a light or one-handed weapon. This damage can be either lethal or nonlethal.

OOC-
Thanks but I was referring to the stacking the damage does to avoid my grapple. I think what you are referring to is while grappled we can inflict damage. I, however, failed to even achieve the grappled condition.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Mid-Round Summary

OOC: Nothing new here; just trying to keep the info from getting too scattered by OOC stuff.

Keeland's arrows speed from his bow in rapid succession; one falls just short and stands quivering in the dirt road, the other punches through the creature's calf. The thing howls again and glares at the company. It's grotesquely long tongue rolls from its mouth and it licks the blade of its halberd, then lowers its horned head and begins to run toward you.

Almost before it registers that the beast is closing, it slams its horns into Houwlou's barrel-like chest and shoves him savagely back against the mill-house wall.

Seeing his best friend Houwlou gored Tsadok runs quickly at the new foe. Tsadok attempts to grab the creature and wrestle him to the ground cowboy style. The goat-head reacts to Tsadok's charge quick as a striking snake; disdaining the use of his great black halberd for the moment, he twists his neck and intercepts the strapping young half-orc with a solid head-butt that stops Tsadok in his tracks.

The very sight snaps something in Harnry. He reaches deep down into his psyche and draws forth a power he he's already used.

On the outside he seems to be in a catatonic trace for a few seconds until he mouths words in the tongue of the ancient ones. "Minu juurde tulla, mul on vaja teie abi!"

The air stirs a little before him and then more and more as the words intensify. A whirlwind forms, within it something is making its way to the Material Plane.

[sblock=Harnry]Air Elemental will appear next round on your initiative.[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat Status]
Code:
Aodhán             20/12/18    00         None
[/sblock]

Remove ads