Pathfinder RPG A Merc's Life: Howl of the Carrion King [03] - Page 6




  1. #51
    Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    12,236

    ø Ignore Mowgli
    Houwlou and Aodhán race out of the room and to the North, followed a little more slowly by the rest of the group. The two 'scouts' burst into the next room, finding a largish area with the now familiar irregularly shaped walls. Three spacious tubs dominate this room, with large terracotta braziers placed between them. Narrow vents lead into the ceiling above each brazier, evidently the source of the sand and grit covering the floor.

    Warped and decrepit racks stand along the walls, the amphorae they once held now lying on the floor in shattered fragments. Sagging stone shelves hold dozens of small clay jars and bowls, many holding rotted or dusty remnants of ancient pastes or herbs.

    A rank stench assaults the sensitive canine nose of the wolf-kin from a strange heap of debris in the room’s northwest corner. Apparently made from broken bits of furniture and hundreds of torn papyrus pages, a narrow hole leads into the center of the pile.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Refuge of the All-Seeing Eye.jpg   The Refuge of the All-Seeing Eye (Zoom).jpg  
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken



    Legacy of Fire
    OOC IC

 

  • #52
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Leif's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR, USA
    Posts
    22,049
    Blog Entries
    6
    OSRICI Defended The Walls!Gygax Memorial Fund

    ø Ignore Leif

    Houwlou Groulenas, Olcán Ranger 3

    Relishing the savory smell, Houwlou moves closer to the pile but stops about 7 feet away to more fully enjoy the aroma.

    "Mmmm, this smell reminds me of my first bitch's butt!" Houwlou will more closely inspect the pile from his closer vantage point, specifically looking to see any telltale signs of passage, thinking that some creature may be using the hole as a 'door' to its den.

    Stat Block
    Code:
       Level: Olcán Ranger3
       HP: 32/32     AC: 17   AC(T): 11   AC(FF): 16
     Init: +01    ST(F):+04  ST(R):+04    ST(W):+05
    
      BAB: 03       CMB: +6     CMD: 17
    
    Weapon                  Attack    Damage      Critical     Special
    Longsword (MW)          +6        1d8+3       19-20/x2     +1 TH Gnolls
      Dagger +1             +6        1d4+2       19-20/x2     +3 TH/Damage
    Longsword (MW)          +4        1d8+3       19-20/x2        (Undead)
      Longsword             +3        1d8+1       19-20/x2     
    Javelin                 +4        1d6+3          20/x2     
    
                            *+7 & +6 TH if using these alone in primary hand

  • #53
    PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    renau1g's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,816

    ø Ignore renau1g
    Aodhán follows closely behind the Olcan.

  • #54
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Leif's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR, USA
    Posts
    22,049
    Blog Entries
    6
    OSRICI Defended The Walls!Gygax Memorial Fund

    ø Ignore Leif

    Houwlou Groulenas, Olcán Ranger 3

    "Watch it, Cleric! Don't get so close: my tail requires more room than that."

    Stat Block
    Code:
       Level: Olcán Ranger3
       HP: 32/32     AC: 17   AC(T): 11   AC(FF): 16
     Init: +01    ST(F):+04  ST(R):+04    ST(W):+05
    
      BAB: 03       CMB: +6     CMD: 17
    
    Weapon                  Attack    Damage      Critical     Special
    Longsword (MW)          +6        1d8+3       19-20/x2     +1 TH Gnolls
      Dagger +1             +6        1d4+2       19-20/x2     +3 TH/Damage
    Longsword (MW)          +4        1d8+3       19-20/x2        (Undead)
      Longsword             +3        1d8+1       19-20/x2     
    Javelin                 +4        1d6+3          20/x2     
    
                            *+7 & +6 TH if using these alone in primary hand

  • #55
    Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    12,236

    ø Ignore Mowgli
    As Houwlou and Aodhán approach the pile of rubbish, three very odd looking creatures come boiling out of the hole in the pile. They're little more than the size of halflings but have strangely long, rubbery arms and legs. They're completely hairless, with gray skin and mouths full of pointed teeth. They're obviously hostile.

    OOC
    No surprise; roll initiative, please. You can use IC or the ENWorld roller as you wish, and go ahead and post your first actions as well.


    Combat Tracker
    Code:
    Init    Character    AC/ T/FF    HP    Conditions
            Choker 01    17/13/15    00    None
            Choker 02    17/13/15    00    None
            Choker 03    17/13/15    00    None
            Aodhán       20/12/18    00    None
            Harnry       14/12/12    00    None
            Houwlou      15/11/14    00    None
            Keeland      16/13/13    00    None
            Tsadok       15/13/12    00    None
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Choker.jpg  
    Last edited by Mowgli; Tuesday, 12th October, 2010 at 11:22 AM.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken



    Legacy of Fire
    OOC IC

  • #56
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Leif's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR, USA
    Posts
    22,049
    Blog Entries
    6
    OSRICI Defended The Walls!Gygax Memorial Fund

    ø Ignore Leif

    Houwlou Groulenas, Olcán Ranger 3

    "Let's get 'em, boys!: So saying, Houwlou moves into d4 and attacks the creature in c4. Houwlou's longsword connects for 4 hp damage.

    Stat Block
    Code:
       Level: Olcán Ranger3
       HP: 32/32     AC: 17   AC(T): 11   AC(FF): 16
     Init: +01    ST(F):+04  ST(R):+04    ST(W):+05
    
      BAB: 03       CMB: +6     CMD: 17
    
    Weapon                  Attack    Damage      Critical     Special
    Longsword (MW)          +6        1d8+3       19-20/x2     +1 TH Gnolls
      Dagger +1             +6        1d4+2       19-20/x2     +3 TH/Damage
    Longsword (MW)          +4        1d8+3       19-20/x2        (Undead)
      Longsword             +3        1d8+1       19-20/x2     
    Javelin                 +4        1d6+3          20/x2     
    
                            *+7 & +6 TH if using these alone in primary hand
    Last edited by Leif; Tuesday, 12th October, 2010 at 04:03 AM.

  • #57
    Registered User
    Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

    Scott DeWar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Miscatonic U. professor of supernatural studies-Emeritus [Nolensville, Tenn.]
    Posts
    19,668
    OSRICEN PublishingPathfinderCircvs MaximvsGygax Memorial FundThe Perturbed Dragon

    ø Ignore Scott DeWar
    ooc: initiative?

    ic: Harnrey, having been getting use to combat as a wizard, pulls out a crossbow bolt and speaks the words of power that cause the bolt to lift and fly through the air to its target directly in front of him. targeting creature at( A, 4)
    Last edited by Scott DeWar; Tuesday, 12th October, 2010 at 06:56 PM.
    Check out Living Pathfinder! 76 83 92 102 109 115 members and counting!!

  • #58
    PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    renau1g's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,816

    ø Ignore renau1g
    ooc

    No time for fluffy descriptor, sorry

    Move: draw axe
    Standard: cast Bless, unless enemy gets next to me - if that happens then attack w/axe
    Swift: Copy Cat - 3 rounds

    init; attack (if needed) (1d20+2=8, 1d20+5=7, 1d10+2=3)


    Stat Block
    Code:
       HP: 35/36     AC: 20   AC(T): 12   AC(FF): 18
     Init: +02    ST(F):+05   ST(R):+03    ST(W):+08
      Per: +05                        HERO Points: 02
    Channel Energy: 4/6
    
      BAB: 02       CMB: 04     CMD: 16
    
    Weapon                  Attack    Damage      Critical     Special
    Dwarven WarAxe          +5        1d10+2         20/x3     +3 Damage (2H)
    Javelin                 +4        1d6 +2         20/x2     
    
    Domain Powers:
        Travel                                Trickery
        * Agile Feet (8x/Day)                 * Copy Cat (1 Rnd/Lvl, 8x/Day) - 5 left
    
    Spells:
        Orisons (4)                           First Level (4+1)
        * Create Water                        * Bless
        * Detect Magic                        * Cause Fear
        * Light                               * Longstrider (Domain Spell)
        * Mending                             * Lonrach's Favor
                                              * Protection from Evil
    
        Second Level (3+1)
        *
        *
        *

  • #59
    Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    12,236

    ø Ignore Mowgli

    Round One

    The strange creatures move preternaturally quickly; two of them close on the party and lash out with their strange, tentacle like arms. Aodhán and Houwlou are smacked painfully, and Aodhán finds himself wrapped in the little monster's embrace.

    The wolf-kin shoves the Choker away and lashes out with sword and dagger, scoring a glancing blow with the sword. Aodhán, caught off guard by the ferocity of his opponent, is unable to land a blow. Harnry tries to drive the creature off his friend but his magically propelled crossbow bolt clatters uselessly against the wall behind the combatants.

    OOC
    Went ahead and rolled initiative for Tsadok and Keeland so I could get this in before work this AM.

    Tsadok and Keeland are up, then we'll move to Round Two.

    GM: On actually using the 'new' initiative system in the first round, I'm not sure I like it either . . . we'll finish this fight then re-evaluate.

    Combat Tracker
    Code:
    Init    Character    AC/ T/FF    HP    Conditions
     23     Choker 01    17/13/15    00    None
     23     Choker 02    17/13/15    04    None
     23     Choker 03    17/13/15    00    None
     12     Aodhán       20/12/18    04    Grappled
     12     Harnry       14/12/12    00    None
     12     Houwlou      15/11/14    04    None
     12     Keeland      16/13/13    00    None
     12     Tsadok       15/13/12    00    None
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Choker.jpg  
    Last edited by Mowgli; Wednesday, 13th October, 2010 at 11:53 AM.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken



    Legacy of Fire
    OOC IC

  • #60
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    mleibrock's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Westmont, IL
    Posts
    3,161

    ø Ignore mleibrock

    Tsadok

    Tsadok, pushes his prisoner to the corner of F-5/6 and says, "Stay put!". He will then squeeze between his party members and position himself at B-4. He attempts to trip the creature grappling with Aodhán

    to hit (1d20+6=14)

    Modifying previous roll which was 8 (my CMB is 5 which makes my roll a 13 vs his CMD)
    Last edited by mleibrock; Sunday, 17th October, 2010 at 02:53 PM.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 6 of 134 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. A Merc's Life [OOC 02]
      By Mowgli in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 679
      Last Post: Saturday, 12th April, 2014, 10:37 PM
    2. LoF - A Merc's Life [RG]
      By Mowgli in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 19
      Last Post: Friday, 26th October, 2012, 06:52 PM
    3. A Merc's Life [OOC 01]
      By Mowgli in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 1034
      Last Post: Friday, 18th March, 2011, 03:55 PM
    4. A Merc's Life: Howl of the Carrion King [02]
      By Mowgli in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 1028
      Last Post: Thursday, 23rd September, 2010, 06:57 PM
    5. A Merc's Life: Howl of the Carrion King [01]
      By Mowgli in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 1010
      Last Post: Saturday, 16th January, 2010, 03:39 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •