A Merc's Life: Howl of the Carrion King [03] - Page 7


What's on your mind?

  1. #61
    Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    12,360
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Ignore Mowgli
    My communities:

    Tsadok
    Tsadok can move through the squares occupied by Houwlou and Aodhán without problem. However, he only has two options for moving through the squares occupied by the Chokers.

    1. Overrun the creature in the square (Core Rules pg. 201)
    2. Tumble through the square (Core Rules pg. 87-88)


    Note that option 1 will provoke an AoO from each of the Chokers; option 2 will have a chance of avoiding the AoO depending on the Skill Check.

    For option 1 you'll roll d20 + Tsadok's CMB vs. Choker's CMD. For option 2 you'll roll one Tumble check and I'll compare it to the DC of each Choker (one DC will be 2 pts higher than the other).

    You can just add the rolls to your previous post (whether you use IC or the ENWorld roller).
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken

 

  • #62
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    mleibrock's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Westmont, IL
    Posts
    3,193
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Ignore mleibrock
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
    Tsadok
    Tsadok can move through the squares occupied by Houwlou and Aodhán without problem. However, he only has two options for moving through the squares occupied by the Chokers.

    1. Overrun the creature in the square (Core Rules pg. 201)
    2. Tumble through the square (Core Rules pg. 87-88)


    Note that option 1 will provoke an AoO from each of the Chokers; option 2 will have a chance of avoiding the AoO depending on the Skill Check.

    For option 1 you'll roll d20 + Tsadok's CMB vs. Choker's CMD. For option 2 you'll roll one Tumble check and I'll compare it to the DC of each Choker (one DC will be 2 pts higher than the other).

    You can just add the rolls to your previous post (whether you use IC or the ENWorld roller).
    So, considering their size, I think Tsadok will bull rush the one in front of him trying to slam him into the wall behind him. If he is successful, could the creature possibly take damage from the impact? I dont see anything in the rules about this - only that you can't push it through an immovable object (WELL DUH!)

  • #63
    Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    12,360
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Ignore Mowgli
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by mleibrock View Post
    So, considering their size, I think Tsadok will bull rush the one in front of him trying to slam him into the wall behind him. If he is successful, could the creature possibly take damage from the impact? I dont see anything in the rules about this - only that you can't push it through an immovable object (WELL DUH!)
    MikeL
    It seems weird that you can ignore the fact that Harnry is between you and your Bull Rush target, but I find nothing in the rules to prohibit it so I'll allow it.

    Just need you to make a d20 roll, adding in Tsadok's CMB. You cannot cause damage (the description of Bull Rush: 'attempts to push an opponent straight back without doing any harm.')

    Normally his target would get an AoO, but since he's grappled (because he's grappling Aodhán) he won't get one. However, Tsadok's movement during the Bull Rush will provoke an AoO from the Choker just to the north of his target.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken

  • #64
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    mleibrock's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Westmont, IL
    Posts
    3,193
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Ignore mleibrock
    My communities:

    Was thinking of those teamwork feats and though I know we don't have them, I am now curious as to what would happen is Tsadok also tried to grapple this guy?

  • #65
    Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    12,360
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Ignore Mowgli
    My communities:

    MikeL (OOC)
    The rules do provide for that (Core Rulebook, pg. 200-201), though in this case you'd need to keep in mind that although both of them have the grappled condition, the Choker is grappling Aodhán, not the other way 'round. So Tsadok would be grappling the Choker, and the Choker would be grappling Aodhán.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken

  • #66
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Scotley's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    17,068
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    I Defended The Walls!

    ø Ignore Scotley
    My communities:

    Keeland

    Taking care not to hit his companions, Keeland fires at one of the strange attackers with his bow.


    Stat Block
    Code:
       HP: 26/26     AC: 16   AC(T): 13   AC(FF): 13
     Init: +03    ST(F):+04   ST(R):+06    ST(W):+05
      Per: +10                       HERO Points: 03
    
      BAB: 02       CMB: 03     CMD: 16
    
    Weapon                   Attack    Damage      Critical     Special
    Tempest (Longbow)        +7        1d8+2       19-20/x3     Rng: 110
    Longsword                +2        1d8+1       19-20/x2     
    
    Spells:
        Cantrips                              First Level (1/4)
        * Detect Magic                        * Confusion, Lesser
        * Light                               * Cure Light Wounds
        * Mage Hand                           * Sleep
        * Mending                             * Summon Monster I
        * Prestidigitation
        * Resistance

  • #67
    Registered User
    Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

    Scott DeWar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Miscatonic U. professor of supernatural studies-Emeritus [Greater Nashville area, Tenn.]
    Posts
    20,405
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    OSRICEN PublishingPathfinderCircvs MaximvsGygax Memorial FundThe Perturbed Dragon

    ø Ignore Scott DeWar
    My communities:

    ooc:I am confused here. is this the next round? if so, then . . .

    IC: with a bit if effort Harnrey points a finger on his empty hand and summons a dart of primal material made of acid. the green blob shoots through the air and ( pause to roll the dice) . . . it strikes true ( I am only guessing of course) against the creature at (A,4).
    Last edited by Scott DeWar; Saturday, 16th October, 2010 at 06:13 PM.
    Check out Living Pathfinder! 76 83 92 102 109 115 members and counting!!

  • #68
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    mleibrock's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Westmont, IL
    Posts
    3,193
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Ignore mleibrock
    My communities:

    Sorry for the delay. Tsadok needs to clean up his first round action which may necessitate changing your second round action. I've been pretty busy here lately but will get Tsadok's action up this afternoon so Mikey can move us along.

  • #69
    Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    12,360
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Ignore Mowgli
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott DeWar View Post
    ooc:I am confused here. is this the next round? if so, then . . .

    IC: with a bit if effort Harnrey points a finger on his empty hand and summons a dart of primal material made of acid. the green blob shoots through the air and ( pause to roll the dice) . . . it strikes true ( I am only guessing of course) against the creature at (A,4).
    Harnry
    No need to guess - the ACs are posted in the 'Combat' block so you guys can resolve your actions without delay
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken

  • #70
    Registered User
    Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

    Scott DeWar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Miscatonic U. professor of supernatural studies-Emeritus [Greater Nashville area, Tenn.]
    Posts
    20,405
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    OSRICEN PublishingPathfinderCircvs MaximvsGygax Memorial FundThe Perturbed Dragon

    ø Ignore Scott DeWar
    My communities:

    re: AC
    ah, see it now. to hit houwlou, i need an 11, my self a 12 and the chockers a 13.
    Check out Living Pathfinder! 76 83 92 102 109 115 members and counting!!

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 7 of 134 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. A Merc's Life [OOC 02]
      By Mowgli in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 712
      Last Post: Thursday, 18th December, 2014, 06:11 PM
    2. LoF - A Merc's Life [RG]
      By Mowgli in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 19
      Last Post: Friday, 26th October, 2012, 07:52 PM
    3. A Merc's Life [OOC 01]
      By Mowgli in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 1034
      Last Post: Friday, 18th March, 2011, 04:55 PM
    4. A Merc's Life: Howl of the Carrion King [02]
      By Mowgli in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 1028
      Last Post: Thursday, 23rd September, 2010, 07:57 PM
    5. A Merc's Life: Howl of the Carrion King [01]
      By Mowgli in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 1010
      Last Post: Saturday, 16th January, 2010, 04:39 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •