A Merc's Life: Howl of the Carrion King [03]

Scotley

Hero
"I guess we should be selective in using the elementals. Have them chase any who escape us. Of course you may be recognized. It may be best not to let any get away if we can help it."

mleibrock

First Post
Tsadok

"I know you guys have my back but I truly believe there is a better way to go about this. I think once they know we are picking them off, it's going to make it very hard to get the rest of them. I'd much prefer to get them to leave on their own accord - killing folks who've really done nothing wrong other than live in a place our boss wants to acquire is just not my thing. Add to that, they showed Houwlou and I that they are just trying to make a living - much like we are - and I'm going to have a very tough time having your back. I am not threatening anything here, just voicing my concern that life is precious and we are talking about killing just for the sake of killing and I think we are better than that.

I like the elemental idea and as Harnry said, maybe they will believe it's the wizard under the bridge. Can we start there and see where it goes? If nothing else, maybe they will send a patrol or two out to the bridge to investigate and we can take care of them without raising any flags. Maybe we could even capture them and acquire some more information."

Scotley

Hero
"I have to say that I believe if we encounter one of these groups in the open they will not hesitate to attack us. Knowing that, I feel that ambushing them first is only evening the odds as they are physically superior to us. I feel no compunction about killing them as they have attacked me without warning each time I have encountered them. That you managed to visit them and walk away unharmed is a great accomplishment and one that I do not believe I could duplicate. Their feelings about Elves are well known."

Leif

Adventurer
Houwlou Groulenas, Olcán Ranger

"I, also, have no compunction about killing these vicious villains, and I think, Tsadok, that while your intent is noble and your motives pure, you are mistaken to assume that these, these barbarous Hyena-men are entitled to even a smidgen of the goodwill with which you insist upon treating them. These are foul, dastardly, evil beings who would kill you and eat your still beating, warm heart right in front of your grieving mother, and then do the same thing to her as well! They are not worthy of your sympathy or your forbearance. They are a pox to all civilized folk and they deserve only to be eradicated from the world with all the haste and violence that we are able to muster. I have spoken my peace now, and I will say no more about it."

[sblock=Stat Block]
Code:
   Houwlou Groulenas, Olcán Ranger
   Level: Ranger 4
   HP: 44/44     AC: 17  AC(T): 11   AC(FF): 16
 Init: +01    ST(F):+05  ST(R):+04    ST(W):+05
  Per: 15 (+2 Undead or Desert) HERO Points: 03
S16 +3
D13 +1
C16 +3
I16 +3
W18 +4
C15 +2

BAB: 04  CMB: +7  CMD: 18

Weapon                  Attack    Damage      Critical     Special
Longsword (MW)          +9        1d8+3       19-20/x2     +1 TH Gnolls
Dagger +1 (T)           +8 (+6)   1d4+2       19-20/x2     +3 TH/Damage
Longsword (MW)          +7        1d8+3       19-20/x2        (Undead)
  & Dagger +1           +6        1d4+2       19-20/x2     
Longsword (MW)          +5        1d8+3       19-20/x2     
  & Longsword           +4        1d8+1       19-20/x2     
Javelin   (M)           +5 (+3)   1d6+3          20/x2     Range 30'

Selected Skills (not quite all are shown)
Acrobatics -5; 
Appraise +4; 
Bluff +5; 
Climb +2 (with ACP); 
Diplomacy +3; 
Intimidate +3; 
Knowledge (nature) +9; 
Handle Animal +10; 
Heal +10;  
Perception +15 (+2 undead or desert)
Perform +3 
Profession (Guide) +10; 
Ride +3; 
Sense Motive +7; 
Spellcraft +10; 
Stealth +2; 
Survival +10; 
Swim -9

Spells Prepared:
Summon Nature's Ally I
[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"so you see them as normal business folks, right? What are they selling? Pesh and cage fighting, was it? either one of those alone are abusive enough to be called base and barbaric. I don't believe they would ever bow to a more civilized society, not with their present lucrative form of income."

Scotley

Hero
"so you see them as normal business folks, right? What are they selling? Pesh and cage fighting, was it? either one of those alone are abusive enough to be called base and barbaric. I don't believe they would ever bow to a more civilized society, not with their present lucrative form of income."

Keeland nods at the sagacity of these words, "I have traveled far and seen many towns and cities. Pesh is a scourge everywhere. It supports the criminal element and turns good people against their own."

mleibrock

First Post
Tsadok

"I know Pesh's effects all too well. My sister was quite addicted to it and it really destroyed our family. All said though, I don't see these folks purposefully hurting anyone or forcing them to fight or pushing Pesh on them. If they attack us on the road or make the first blow in any manner, I will fight but I will not be a part of killing because our employer wants the land. That just doesn't seem right."

OOC - I know Tsadok is making this difficult, sorry. But being a follower of Serenrae, he would not fight, much less kill unless there is no other alternative.

Remove ads