Proposal: Dark Sunblock

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
God I'm clever. Anyway, I propose we not allow the following:

• Themes
  • The ability to start with wild talents (the feat that gives you three can stay)
  • Arcane Defiling
  • Anything that has the above as an requirement
I think everything else can stay, as far as I care. Basically I targeted the "extra" things Dark Sun gives characters. I do like themes, but they would be sort of a pain to implement now.

Thoughts?

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
I approve of this, and can't wait to make a Kreen.... but doesn't matter I can't make a Kreen

Of course I can't make a Kreen anyways till they update the Character Builder.

CaBaNa

First Post
Will there be generic themes coming out soon? Should people be working on a themes problem before it happens?

Last edited:

BenBrown

First Post
I think generic themes are on the schedule some time in the next year. The thing about themes is, that everybody in Dark Sun gets one, so if we add them here, everybody's got to get one, and not everybody's gonna have all of the access. You can run a character here with nothing but PHB1 (although I don't know that anyone does).

Luinnar

First Post
Will there be generic themes coming out soon? Should people be working on a themes problem before it happens?
Yeah there is a book coming out next year that is going to have generic themes. (I don't remember the name of it :erm:)

Personally I think themes should be allowed once the book comes out next year. You could have to give up a feat or something if you wanted to help balance things a bit.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
God I'm clever. Anyway, I propose we not allow the following:

• Themes
  • The ability to start with wild talents (the feat that gives you three can stay)
  • Arcane Defiling
  • Anything that has the above as an requirement
I think everything else can stay, as far as I care. Basically I targeted the "extra" things Dark Sun gives characters. I do like themes, but they would be sort of a pain to implement now.

Thoughts?
Could you officially propose this in LEB as well? It would make things cleaner.

Remove ads