[merged] Site speed threads x3

renau1g

First Post
Is it just me or has the site been slow since later last week? Seems like it hangs and stuck at Loading a long time, like 20+ seconds in some cases

weem

First Post
It's been really bad for me today - yesterday was fine though.

With that said, there was some new functionality to go in today at some point - there could be some things happening in the background. Or it could be something else entirely ;)

IronWolf

blank
Is it just me or has the site been slow since later last week? Seems like it hangs and stuck at Loading a long time, like 20+ seconds in some cases

It has definitely had its slow periods for me from different network locations. It seems to zip along in the early morning hours but then can crawl during the mid-day hours. It's been like that since mid-last week or so for me.

Nagol

Unimportant
Board Responsiveness

I notice a dramatic slowdown yesterday and today in the forums -- multi second delay between clciking a link and the new page appearing.

Anyone else notice?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yup, it's been pretty slow today. We haven't figured out why yet. Traffic's been a bit above average.

Nagol

Unimportant
Thanks for the reply.

When in doubt, blame the recent changes. Dice rolls are choking the board! (almost certainly not the case, but...)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
A much more likely candidate is us fixing email notifications on thread subscriptions - that's a heavy process. But, like I said, we don't know for sure yet.

surfarcher

First Post
Responsiveness does seem to be up and down. I always just assume our trusty e/w staff are working to improve what they can and I just bear with it :)

Remove ads