Proposal: Dark Sunblock, Eberron Edition

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Some of you may have seen this in the L4W forum and thought, "Boy, that THB is one clever guy. I hope I could someday reach his mastery with terrible puns." If this is the case, then you have very small dreams.

Regardless, just to make it official, I propose we not allow the following:

• Themes
  • The ability to start with wild talents (the feat that gives you three can stay)
  • Arcane Defiling
  • Anything that has the above as an requirement
As you may notice, I targeted the "extra" things Dark Sun gives characters. Are Thri-Kreen and Muls Eberron-acceptable? If not, they can go on the list too.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Thri-kreen are already in Xen'drik and Sarlona. Muls... Could be adapted, but would need a story. Otherwise Yes

rb780nm

First Post
I'd say the Races are ok - there's no reason not to have 'kreen and there's no reason there couldn't be a few Muls around.

I'd also say that themes should be approved, apart from the ones that really dont fit Eberron. (e.g. the new Pirate theme from this site would totally work) - that requires looking through the list of themes and thinking about them. But there are gladiatorial pits in Eberron, so there could be gladiators etc...

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
When WotC releases more setting-general themes I'd be happy to take another look at them. Most of the ones in the Dark Sun book have a pretty strong Athasian flavor to them though.

CaBaNa

First Post
Themes could also end up like the Forgotten Realms background traits, super powerful FR, general backgrounds and scales of war more balanced.

When themes become a normal inclusion, much like backgrounds did, I'm sure a more long-term solution will present itself.

twilsemail

First Post
The Sorcerer King pact for warlocks should probably either be excluded from LEB or clarified. What would a PC in Eberron make a pact with that would be on par with a Sorcerer King?

drothgery

First Post
The Sorcerer King pact for warlocks should probably either be excluded from LEB or clarified. What would a PC in Eberron make a pact with that would be on par with a Sorcerer King?

Dunno. Daelkyr are imprisoned, and far realms-ish and so more Star Pact. Quori run more to psionic types. Doesn't feel quite right for Blood of Vol.

Remove ads