The Torian Arena

Theroc

First Post
A massive stadium stood packed in the middle of the day, crowds bustling with excitement upon the outer walls, looking down to the flat, sandy ground in the center. It was empty for now, but two sets of massive iron doors indicate that this would soon change.

The air in the stadium was intense as always, energy boiling all over as the sigils around the inner wall activated, glowing brightly as the light washed over the floor, creating a small dome over the stands that was almost entirely translucent, shimmering in the air a bit. A hush fell over the crowd as the light was noted, all eyes locked in the center.

Inside those great gates, warriors could see a flash of light intruding briefly and the air became deadly silent. It would appear that the games would begin shortly...

[OOC: Sorry if this fluff wasn't particularly helpful, but you guys are inside with the doors closed, waiting to be released into the arena, feel free to RP and everything until we get it all sorta out.

OOC and profiles are http://www.enworld.org/forum/talking-talk/294015-torian-empire-recruiting.html there for now, will open an RG soon.]

Last edited:

Lughart

First Post
Uuden checked his armor again, going over every strap and stud with care. He assessed the the other warriors, looking them up and down with his judgemental stare, taking special note of the spindly little girl and the giant. A strange crowd indeed.

He bit his tounge, put his finger in his mouth and started applying the blood in long stripes down his cheeks. "So, what are you guys here for? Murder? Banditry? Or are you perhaps mad enough to have volunteered?"

Lughart

First Post
"A simple murder gets you the gallows. Count yourself lucky you're interesting enough to get in the puppet show."

Uuden looks to the others. "Anyone else want to share?"

Dragonwriter

First Post
Miriakon's head twitches to the side involuntarily, then she cocks it the other way, as if listening to something... "The voices, yes, yes..." She stops, conscious mind registering the question from the blood-streaked warrior. With a demented smile, she states in a sing-song voice, "Didn't want to follow great-grandpa's footsteps. Didn't want to be a mage. Nearly smashed whole house!" She cackles.

The pale, waif-thin elf stands and starts pacing around the small enclosure, rubbing at the snake tattoos around her arms, coiling towards her shoulders in a spiral.

SolosAddie

Explorer
Kam, eyes the elf with caution. "Almost paid off debt," he rumbles, " hope it's something interesting to fight today." He stretches out his full 7' 6" frame, and double checks his weapons and armor. "Crowd seems excited, anyone see what it is we get the fun of fightin?"

OOC: Senses Aura up +1 spot, inititiative, and i think listen to all of the party at the moment

Lughart

First Post
She wasn't a mage, she had limbs like a bug, how the hell could she smash a house? Well, Uuden had been told stories about his ancestors being granted dread powers from spirits and whatnot. This could be similar. Nevertheless, she freaked him out. He felt more at ease in the company of brutes.

"Not for us to know, hence the giant doors." Uuden said to Kam. He started sharpening his blade for the third time in the last hour, before he turned to the girl. "I hope you don't mind me asking, lady, but what in the hells is a little streak of piss like you bringing to a venue like this one? You're obviously good for killing somehow, else you would'nt be here, but I bet you'd break in half if I spit at you."

Dragonwriter

First Post
Miriakon rounds on the blade-sharpening warrior, eyes wild. "Streak of piss? You'd be lucky if you could see your own piss after the shards and dust from your shattered sword cloud your eyes, only to find a gaping, steaming hole in your chest." Her voice never rises in volume, the words said with a steady beat, almost as a chant. She spits on the ground and smiles. "But we're teamed today, so I won't. But the voices... they say maybe I should. Teach you a lesson. Teach you we are not to be taken lightly. Lucky for you, I can ignore them. The voices don't control me, only try to persuade. And they tell me things. Things they shouldn't know, I shouldn't know... Lucky I can ignore them," she finishes, a winsome, vacant smile on her face.

Lughart

First Post
"Can't wait to see what you mean by that. I'm sure you'll get a chance to fling it in my direction soon enough." Uuden chuckles. "You just pay those voices some attention when we get out on the sand."

Dragonwriter

First Post
The elf chuckles brokenly, the sound rising and falling in pitch at random. "On the sands, the voices don't need to tell me anything. They shut up for the sands. It's why I like fight days."

She takes a few short, hopping steps, seemingly at random, head lolling back and forth. Her body starts swaying to a rhythm only she can hear when she stop to pick up a small stone among the sand. She holds it up to what little light is in the room and just looks into the rock, face blank.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases