The Torian Arena

Theroc

First Post
The group stood idly waiting for what may have seemed like hours as the crowd began to grow bored. In fact, some booing even came to the crowd. At the sudden sound, Miriakon let loose a blast of eldritch power which crashed into the translucent glowing blue field which once more faded into invisibility after dispersing the energy. The crowd gasped at the display and the response had mixed reactions. Some cheered at Miriakon's
violent display of power, while others boo'ed more fervently.

And then... suddenly, almost directly beneath Uuden the earth erupted! Out burst a massive beast with pincers just dripping with a liquid which caused the sands to steam. It lashed out with it's pincers towards Uuden, who deftly lept aside as Tuk's chain struck the carapace without penetrating... it seemed a solid blow though. Uuden's javelin whipped forward after just avoiding the creature's stroke, the beast's mandible knocking the strike away accidentally.

Uuden ducked his head aside just as a sizzling bolt of arcane might blasted past him striking the creature in the throat, it hisses in pain as it stands before the party, injured and angry.

[OOC: Unless you all are terribly uncomfortable with this, I will not be linking rolls I make via IC. If you are, I will henceforth use IC. I assumed Uuden would attempt to stab the creature whether or not it was within range(and since he can't use a glaive in close anyhow... Also; I don't 'think' Tuk gets two strikes on it. However, Miriakon's hit the thing, so... there ya go. Your turn guys!]

SolosAddie

Explorer
Kam shouts and charges the over-sized beetle, striking with all his strength.

OOC: I messed up his spear should be a shortspear to wield with the shield and it's large-sized so deals 1d8 + str (i think +2 racial to str for now so +5 from strength)
AC is now 12 after he charges.

Do you want us to roll our damage, just in case or wait and see if we hit?

sorry double rolled for some reason, obviously take the 7.

Last edited:

Lughart

First Post
Uuden grips the glaive in both hands again. He ignores the beasts snapping mandibles while quickly running around it, screaming and swinging the glaive over his head. When he has circled the beasts massive form he lets the weapon fly into its back.

[sblock=OOC]
Move action: Move to W4 (drawing one attack of opportunity)
Free action: Rage!
Standard action: Attack (with flanking, power attack for 1)

Uuden:
AC: 14
HP: 15
Attack: Glaive +7, damage 2d4+9

Kam and Tuk also have flanking now.

EDIT: I don't mind you not posting the rolls. I'll be updating my combat stats like this so you know my bonuses for attacks of opportunity and the like.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
The spidery elf girl gasps at the sight of the giant bug, though the surprise doesn't throw off her strange power's aim. "A giant bug? Is that all?"

Her eyes glow with a black light again as her hand regains its dark wreath. Said wreath of energy is quickly loosed at the creature as Miriakon gets behind the chain-wielding half-orc. "Stay between me and it, if you can, tusky," she says with a giggle.

[sblock=OOC]
Should be a move 10 feet south, then Eldritch Blast the thing. I'll just use the ENWorld roller. And I don't mind you not showing the various rolls.
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Tuk swings his chains again, this time the wicked weapon coils around the insect, and as Tuk pulls the chain back, it rips through the bug's flesh with a nasty *"Shhhrrrreeek!"*

Tuk's face is splattered with gore, as he assesses the damage he has caused.

22 vs AC for 13 dmg

Theroc

First Post
While Miriakon's voice sounded unperturbed by the visage of the assailant, her second strike was off the mark, whizzing harmlessly past everyone as the creature's head turned to follow the blast temporarily. It was distracted from it's reverie when it felt the barbarian attempt to move from his position. Seeing it as its chance to strike, it lept forward! It's mandible's miss Uuden easily, though the constant vigilance made Uuden's strike a bit less bold than usual, bouncing harmlessly off of the creature's hide.

The beast was turned to face Uuden as Kam took his chance and charged the beast, his shortspear punching a hole through the carapace as the beast screamed. Now open to assault, Tuk's chain wraps about it's neck! The warrior then pulled his weapon tearing the carapace open as blood splatters across the sands. The crowd cheered at the bloodshed!

Now thoroughly wounded, the creature sidesteps away from Uuden, facing Kam directly before spewing caustic spittle towards the combatants!

[OOC: 8 Damage DC 14 Ref save for 1/2 damage, Miriakon, Kam, and Tuk. I wasn't sure Kam could charge by RAW, but I went with the Rule of Cool since I thought the coordination would be cool. You all just happened to move into a line though.]

SolosAddie

Explorer
Kam shouts angrily and steps forward to stab the mangy over-sized flea again.

OOC: move/5 foot step attack swift action to switch auras to Vigor (grants self and allies within 30ft fast healing 1 up to half health).
Haha take that :), i believe that's very likely a crit, x2 for shortspear.

Last edited:

Lughart

First Post
Uuden again moves to face the creatures back while starting to sing without words, loudly and brokenly like bad throat singing.

He lounges at the beast again, trying to bury the glaive in its back.

[sblock=OOC]
Move action: Move to W6 (maybe drawing another AoO, I'm not sure)
Standard: Attack (no power attack)

HP: 15
AC: 14
Attack: +8, damage 2d4+7
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Tuk nimbly dodges most of the acid spit with a defensive roll (19).

Tuk counter-attacks with a quick lash of his chains. The barbed rings stick into the beetle and then when pulled back take out chunks of flesh.

23 for 10 dmg

Dragonwriter

First Post
Miri shrieks in pain as the acid scorches her, though it isn't quite enough to drop her.

She stands behind Tuk, trying to furiously wipe the acid off of her skin before it burns away any more of her.

[sblock=OOC]
The BW brings Miri down to 0, so she does nothing for her turn. Unless you're alright with her delaying until after Kam, getting the 1 HP healing, then loosing an Eldritch Blast. If so, attack is at +1 due to melee and deals 1d6+1 damage. Though I think it won't be necessary with the damage rolls from the rest of the team.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads