The Sunken Temple
Page 1 of 40 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 391
  1. #1
    Member
    Superhero (Lvl 15)

    Walking Dad's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15,780

    The Sunken Temple

    The following is an adventure in the new Living Pathfinder world. All those interested please join us at the Social Group below in the link above.

    DM- Walking Dad

    Characters:
    Chaucer Tarsi - played by nothingpoetic
    Kanli the Mad - played by InVinoVeritas
    Brenic - played by nfred
    Elros - played by GandalfMithrandir
    Aradra Longstrider - played by jackslate45
    Kilkin Hollow - played byLughart
    Rewards

    Chaucer Tarsi (nothingpoetic)
    Starting XP: 0
    Total XP gained: 2,039
    Encounter GP: 1,016
    Time GP: 539

    Kanli the Mad
    (InvinoVeritas)
    Starting XP: 406
    Total XP gained: 2,187
    Encounter GP: 1,016
    Time GP: 671

    Brenic (nfred)
    Starting XP: 0
    Total XP gained: 2,039
    Encounter GP: 1,016
    Time GP: 539

    Elros (GandalfMithrandir)
    Starting XP: 306 (should be 406)
    Total XP gained: 2,187
    Encounter GP: 1,016
    Time GP: 671

    Aradra Longstrider (jackslate45)
    Starting XP: 0
    Total XP gained: 2,039
    Encounter GP: 1,016
    Time GP: 539

    Kilkin Hollow (Lughart)
    Starting XP: 0
    Total XP gained: 2,039
    Encounter GP: 1,016
    Time GP: 539

    DMCs for this adventure = 10.78

    ---

    The GP are reduced by your loot:

    21 small spears (2gp each)
    scroll of stone call (150gp) (already used)
    1/2 wand of cure light wounds (375gp) (unidentified)
    2 potions cure light wounds (50gp each) (unidentified)
    1 small greatsword (50gp)
    rod of dissolution (2 charges) (6,000gp) (1 charge used)
    pearl of power level 1 (1,000gp)


    This leaves everyone with 474,43 cash to get. I will round it up to 475.

    You can get back to the inn to get 300gp each from Vermag (your 'quest-giver'). (Kilkin will wake up on the way, because the end of the adventure means you are all back to full stats..)

    You will receive the other 175 gp from thankful families around Venza. This will not happen instantly, but as this is a living RPG, treat it as already received.



    LINKS:
    Questions and longer OOC commentary
    Last edited by Walking Dad; Wednesday, 9th March, 2011 at 11:30 AM.

  2. #2
    Member
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lebanon, IN
    Posts
    199
    After leaving the Tavern, Chaucer headed to a general store 5 minutes away from the Waterfront. A few minutes afterwards he walked back out with another small pouch attached to his belt. His face was set, serious and grim, and gone was his jovial facade that he normally operated under to attract attention. Now, a simmering anger could be seen brewing just below the surface. Almost as if this job was personal.

    He traveled across the city with no incident and arrived at the Grand Piazza in Incudine, the artist district within minutes. He spends a minute taking in his surroundings, glancing at the people in the Piazza, the buildings, and trying to spot the others from the Tavern. Seeing none, he stops at a bench, pulls out a bowstring from one of his belt pouches. He puts his left foot near the bottom of the staff he was walking with, braced his feet against it, and bent the staff. It bent nearly a full foot, and formed the shape of a stiff, black polished bow. Attaching the bowstring the bow formed itself, and he looked it over, and nodded when he was satisfied.

    Chaucer looked around again, took his pack off, laid his bow on top of his pack, and unstrapped his Djembe, and started playing a beat while waiting for his companions to arrive.

  3. #3
    Member
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)



    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    7900 Johnson Drive
    Posts
    49
    Brenic follows Chaucer out of the Inn and into the Plaza. He looks around to try and figure out his surroundings and locate all the spots his employer had talked about. Brenic notices Chaucer on the other side of the plaza and nods his way, then he starts looking for the guards that accompanied the girl.

  4. #4
    Member
    Superhero (Lvl 15)

    Walking Dad's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15,780
    GM: Welcome! I will wait for the other two to sound of before reacting to your posts.
    Reminder: You know the girl went to a smaller piazzo in the east of the Grand Piazzo.

  5. #5
    Member
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    InVinoVeritas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Glen Ridge, NJ
    Posts
    3,096
    Kanli steps into the Grand Piazza, inhaling deeply to sense his surroundings. Hearing the sound of the drums, he follows it to its source, and Chaucer.

    "You suffuse this place with music," Kanli beams. "That will keep the tone-deaf shadow denizens at bay, well done!"

  6. #6
    Member
    Magsman (Lvl 14)



    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,506
    Elros steps into the piazza, and looks around for the guards "Didn't he say she went into the small piazza?" he says

  7. #7
    Member
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)



    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    OH-IO
    Posts
    2,890

    occ

    OOC: This is confirmation that I am joining. Aradra is still at the bar, questioning Vermag. He should be here soon

  8. #8
    Member
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)



    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    OH-IO
    Posts
    2,890

    Aradra Longstrider, Present

    A man with a green clock over his head enters the plaza, looking carefully at the ground. A bow and arrows can be seen on his back, and his armor looks like it as seen better days. He stops, and starts looking around the plaza, as if looking for something. His blue eyes pass over the group, and his eyes focus on Chaucer playing the drums. He then proceeds forward towards the group.


    As he gets closer, you can smell not the city on him, but the wild. It looks like this man has spent many nights outside. His armor has the coat of arms for a far away land over his chest, destroyed by what appears to be years of wear and tear. A scar is promenent over his left eye, as if he was lucky to still have it.

    After pausing before the group, he simply says "Are you the adventures Vermag hired to find the girl? "

  9. #9
    Member
    Superhero (Lvl 15)

    Walking Dad's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15,780
    GM: Last group member will arrive soon. Sorry to make such a big group, but I didn't want to have a single character left alone at the tavern.

    I like my adventures a bit old school with a big dose of combats, some nice roleplaying and classic dungeon exploration.
    And try to use the environment for your advantage. Good luck!

  10. #10
    Member
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    309

    Kilkin Hollow

    A young, skinny half-elf comes running up behind him. He wears simple black and grey clothes, with five daggers strapped to his chest and three javelins to his back. He looks exhausted, as if he has been sprinting here directly from the tavern. After standing still for a few seconds, catching his breath, he speaks up. "Yeah, are you? Please say you are. I don't want to run any further." He turns to Aradra. "You were asking about Vermag, right? about the job?"

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Similar Threads

  1. Sunken Empires
    By terraleon in forum *General Roleplaying Games Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Tuesday, 18th May, 2010, 03:17 AM
  2. Dungeon Crawl Classic 23 the Sunken Ziggurat
    By Crothian in forum *General Roleplaying Games Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Saturday, 1st May, 2010, 08:00 PM
  3. adventure idea: sunken tower
    By EricNoah in forum *General Roleplaying Games Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: Sunday, 4th November, 2007, 02:41 AM
  4. Canadians seeking sunken cheese
    By Zander in forum *Varied Geek Talk & Media Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Thursday, 4th August, 2005, 01:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •