The Sunken Temple - Page 25
Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

Quote Originally Posted by nothingpoetic View Post
    Chaucer stoops to inspect his leg, and sees a tiny pinprick on his leg. Around that pinprick, it was already getting red, infection, or something must be setting in. Poison? he says to himself, then he looks up and says, Does anyone know anything about these little buggies? Are the poisonous or what?
    Aradra looks at the wound carefully, then moves over to investigate the bugs further. Pulling a dagger out, he starts carving up the bug, looking for anything that could cause an infection like that

Nature
    Flavor for the nature check.

Superhero (Lvl 15)

Aradra identifies the bugs a some sort of centipedes. This vermin is known for a poison that at higher doses can paralyze their prey.

Chaucer finds a hidden trigger in the bas relief, near the line Kanli saw.

Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Dad View Post
    Aradra identifies the bugs a some sort of centipedes. This vermin is known for a poison that at higher doses can paralyze their prey.
    Finding the sac of poison, Aradra turns to Chaucer and says "They are in fact poisonous. It is one that can paralyze you if you are not careful. However, as you are still able to walk, you should be fine for now. "

Chaucer

Ability Scores - Pathfinder_OGC

If it is just damage, it will heal over time.

Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

Chaucer breathes a long sigh of relief. Thank you Aradra, for reassuring me that outside of an frustrating case of deadleg, I will be fine. He turns to the bas relief on the far wall and says, And more good news... He finds a trigger in the painting and hits it. I think we should be able to continue on our journey.

Aradra
    Appreciate the link, so I don't take any negatives to my stuff until I suffer another point of damage. Good to know! Thanks for the help again.

Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

Aradra stands up, and walkis in front of Chaucer, Kanli and Kilkin.

"And you guys are in the back for now. You have been lucky so far. "

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Kanli nods. "Indeed," he replies to Aradra.

"Most of my shadow fairies have abandoned me to this crack, wishing to lap at its effervescence," he continues, indicating the fine seam. "I must rely on my invisible blood warblers to keep me safe, and they are a lazy lot of drunkards."

He steps back. "Do lead, Aradra. I thank you for your consideration."

Superhero (Lvl 15)

A secret door opens after Chaucer hits the trigger:

This room is eerily quiet, save for an occasional, faint drip, as of blood falling into a pool. Several walls are covered with faded murals of bloody sacrifices, and dusty, tattered curtains hang in places. Carved frescoes run along the walls near the ceiling. A stone altar, splattered with stains, stands in the middle, near the far wall. A large, bowlshaped depression is carved in the altar’s center.
    The air shimmers, and a spectral shape appears next to the altar. It is a pale, slender woman with black hair, naked save for the blood that coats her. A dark holy symbol hangs from her neck.
    "You are in the temple of our Lady of Blood," she says. "Have you met the high priest, servant of the Blood Goddess? Kneel and pay your respects, for you are on holy ground."
    Attached Files Attached Files  

Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

Kilkin drops to his knees. "We do not seek to despoil your temple, holy one. We come simply to save an innocent. The one calling himself your servant is an impostor, and an enemy of us both. He serves another, or so he told us, and simply uses your temples powers to further his own ends. He does not care about the crimes comitted to your followers. Please allow us to defeat him, for our sake and yours. There is very little time."

Superhero (Lvl 15)

OOC: great post and great roll. Just will wait to give the others a chance to say something, too.

Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

Aradra kneels as well, with his head low to the ground. Not saying anything, he waits for the rest of the party to act.

Quick Reply Quick Reply