Magic Missile while blinded

DracoSuave

First Post
One thing you forgot, DracoSuave, is that you can actively perceive something on your turn. This is a Perception roll against the creature's last Stealth check (presumably, the one that beat your Passive Perception to become hidden from you).

In cases where the opponent is actually hidden (i.e. they used Stealth) then obviously you can attempt Perception. But in the case where they are not, I strongly suggest not giving the guy you can't see additional benefit by requiring a further test of their perception; Either the enemy is not bothering/broke stealth, or the enemy failed their stealth check against Passive Perception -10.

The -10 to checks for being blind DOES apply to Passive Perception, as it is considered a check where you take 10. And if the enemy failed stealth that badly, they shouldn't get benefit.

Psikerlord#

Explorer
If you're suffering the blind condition, all that means if you're -5 to hit your target. You still know exactly where he is... unless he makes a stealth check, and you fail your perception test, in which case he becomes hidden and you don't know where he is, or even if he is still around. At that point, I'd say MM cannot target him ... because you don't even know if there is a target ... it would be like firing into every empty room you come across, just in case an invisible wizard is lurking there..

DracoSuave

First Post
At that point, I'd say MM cannot target him ... because you don't even know if there is a target ... it would be like firing into every empty room you come across, just in case an invisible wizard is lurking there..

I'd say MM can target the square you think they might be in, and if you guessed correctly, you MM them, otherwise, you don't.

Cause that's how the rules work.

Remove ads