Kholdstare's Scales of War 4E Campaign [Discussion] (FULL)

Kholdstare

First Post
Hi folks,

Is anyone interested in joining a Scales of War PBP with a DM who is a longtime gamer, but just now taking an interest in the 4E D&D ruleset? (Yep, the new Red Box has sucked me in, what with that nostalgic cover and all...)

I have some PBP/PBEM experience in other venues, and I'll be a committed and active DM. In short, I'll do my best to keep the game fresh, fun and exciting! But these rules are new to me, so I'll need some patient players who will bear with me as I tackle the learning curve.

I'm looking for five players, ideally. I'm hoping that some, at least, will have some experience with 4E, so that y'all can offer me some guidance. :) That said, one or two newcomers on the players' side wouldn't hurt either.

My ultimate goal is to run a game that will be tons of fun for all participants. Nothing more, nothing less.

Who's up for it?

Cheers,
Simon

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
Neither do I (though my experience with PBPs is that you'll be lucky to finish one adventure, let alone an entire adventure path; don't get overly ambitious), but I'm always up for a 4e game (though since some of my tabletop group weren't fans, that's not what I play with paper and dice right now).

Last edited:

Kholdstare

First Post
What a great response! :lol:

Let's start the planning phase with the four of you, and hope that we get one more person to jump aboard as well.

Thoughts on races and classes you'd be interested in playing?

[MENTION=360]drothgery[/MENTION], you're right, it's a long, tough road to craft a long-lasting pbp campaign. For now, let's just call this a 'Rescue at Rivenroar' game, and go from there.

Cheers,
Simon

Someone

Adventurer
I woudn't mind joining as well, as right now I'm just playing one character and I'm too relatively new to 4e. I don't have a subscription to DDI; in case you're asking if I/we own or know the modules, I know that rescue at Rivenroar implies... rescuing some villagers, but little else.

Theroc

First Post
My sub lapses October 11th... and I will not be renewing until I know the CB update is included... since... I don't really NEED the compendium, and that's pretty much the only thing I don't have now, until the end of Oct when the next Dragon article comes out.

As I said, though, I'm unfamiliar with the adventures.

Insight

Adventurer
Question: Are you intending to use the Essentials classes from the Red Box / Heroes of the Fallen Lands? Not a problem either way, just curious given your original post.

Experience: Been playing 4E since before it was officially released, subscriber to DDI, and so forth. Have not played Scales of War and have little familiarity with it, other than the concept.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases