Orcs!

Krishnath

First Post
The title says it all. Here is a new orc species for your enjoyment. I will post an additional orc subspecies next week. I hope you like it :D

Comments, as allways, are welcome and appreciated.

Tar'orc
Medium-Size Humanoid (Orc)
Hit Dice:
2d8+4 (13 hp)
Initiative: +1 (Dex)
Speed: 20' (platemail); 30' (Base)
AC: 22 (+1 Dex, +1 natural, +8 platemail, +2 large steel shield); or 12 (+1 Dex, +1 natural)
Attacks: Bastardsword +4 melee; Heavy Crossbow +2 ranged
Damage: Bastardsword 1d10+3; Heavy Crossbow 1d10
Face/Reach: 5' by 5'/5'
Special Attacks: -
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60', low-light vision, fire resistance 10,
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +4
Abilities: Str 17, Dex 12, Con 15, Int 10, Wis 13, Cha 8
Skills: Bluff +5 (+4), Intimidate +5 (+4), Listen +4, Search +2, Spot +4,
Feats: Alertness, Power Attack (-1/+1)

Climate/Terrain: Any land and underground
Organization: Solitary, pair, patrol (5-20), platoon (20-40), Battalion (40-60), or Army (100-1000 plus one 3rd level sergant for every 10, plus one 5th level lieutenant for every 50, plus one 7th level captain for every 100 plus one general of 9th level or higher plus at least 2 warlocks of 5th-7th level, plus 10-100 worgs)
Challenge Rating: 1
Treasure: Double Standard
Alignment: Always Lawful Evil
Advancement: By character class.

Tar'orc's are a recent emergence from the underdark.
Resembleing the common orc, the Tar'orc is taller, often standing 6'6'' high, and has very dark brown almost black skin. Their eyes are usually dark red. The Tar'orc is easily recognized by the tiny scales that cover most of the creatures body, if it wasn't for the large black platemails they favor.
Tar'orc's live longer than other orc races, and age at the same rate as humans, although very few live to reach the venerable age. (often being killed before that age.)

Combat:
The Tar'orc is a highly militaristic creature, and is well versed in the use of advanced tactics, all Tar'orc's from the same clan or faction fight as an efficient and well-oiled machine, using their skills to outflank and outmanouver their opponents.
Skills: Tar'orcs get a +4 racial bonus on bluff and intimidate checks.
Feats: Tar'orcs get Alertness as a bonus feat.

Tar'orc Society:
Having been created and breed by a powerfull undead sorcerer has given the Tar'orc a somewhat unique perspective on things compared to other orcs. They're highly militaristic, putting great importance in the use of titles, be they military or civilian. Also they know the value of breeding strong and powerfull indeviduals, thus every Tar'orc must prove his or her right to breed by often lethal methods, including raids, monster hunting, and all out warfare on other races. Only a Tar'orc that has seen and survived lethal combat, be it magical or mundane, are allowed to breed, which of course leads to slower breeding than other orc races.

Tar'orc Characters:
A tar'orcs favored class is Fighter, and most tar'orc leaders are fighters, although a tar'orc settlement is inevitable lead by a warlock (a death cleric). Tar'orc cleric's favor nerull or other deities of death, and as such usually have access to two of the following domains: Death, Evil, and Trickery.
A Tar'orc PC is more powerful than other characters and as such has an ECL of +3

Later,

Magus Darkholme

First Post
There him is :D . I was wondering when these orcs would make an appearance on the boards. I said it once and I'll say it again, good job Krishnath.

Oh, BTW, now I know this is off subject, but an artist has offered to draw the picture for your Cadaverous Spirit and Mistwood Drake. I'll send them your way once she is done with them.

Krishnath

First Post
Magus: Cool! I hope she has been told that the Cadaverous Spirit is a genie :D

And the other orc, will show up here at a later date. (when I feel like it. :D)

Anyone else have comment's on the orc? please? :D

Wolf72

Explorer
um um ... who are the guys on Andromeda ... clans? no Nietcizieieiziewedld's!!! (or how ever you spell that guys name).

that's what the warrior and breeding fluff reminds me of ... oh, and I like those orcs!

kaiscomet

First Post
Very nice, but i have a question. When I saw this:

Also they know the value of breeding strong and powerfull individuals, thus every Tar'orc must prove his or her right to breed by often lethal methods, including raids, monster hunting, and all out warfare on other races. Only a Tar'orc that has seen and survived lethal combat, be it magical or mundane, are allowed to breed, which of course leads to slower breeding than other orc races.

I wanted to know if they ever breed with other races. Make a bigger better half-orc for instance.

Krishnath

First Post
Kaiscomet (hmm, one has to wonder if your a LEXX fan...): In the few instances they breed with humans, (usually through rape, they are evil after all.) The offspring is a good old fashiined half-orc, although it usually is in the upper end of the stat range. I.e. if the player rolled very well the father could be a Tar'orc. also note that female Tar'orc's would never breed with a human. The only real difference between a regular half-orc, and one with a Tar'orc with a father would be the slightly darker skin of the latter. There are no real stat differences between the half-orc's from such a mating and regular half-orc's.

Wolf72: Nietzchicans?

Last edited:

Remove ads