LEB Discussion Thread '10 Pt 2

Velmont

First Post
Thanks everyone! :)

Divine Sanction is just a EONT Divine Challenge without the mark, correct?

Also I read polearms are good weapon for them, but you need a lot of feats for them. Is there a good polearm feat combo?

Divine Sanction is a mark + capacity to deal damage if enemy ignore. That last as long as the power who created it state it.

Divine Challenge is a special case of a Divine Sanction, and last as long as you met the requirement of the Divine Challenge

Some power mark. You wont deal damage if they ignore you.

Luinnar

First Post
Is Heroes of the Fallen lands approved for use? There is a great at-will spell in there for Mythra (I believe it is called Beguiling Strands, Blast 5, damage + push, party friendly).

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Is Heroes of the Fallen lands approved for use? There is a great at-will spell in there for Mythra (I believe it is called Beguiling Strands, Blast 5, damage + push, party friendly).

5 days and counting. Go ahead and modify the powers to Mythra with DM approval. Remember, when Mythra gets to 5th level, you are allowed to do a major overhaul on him.

renau1g

First Post
So just found another perhaps either unforeseen change, or stealth nerf, from the recent change to Healing Word. It has lost its Divine keyword in Essentials. Now, what's the big deal you ask? Why let's look at the Pacifist Healer Feat. Well, it states that you must use a DIVINE power that allows the target to use a healing surge to benefit from this power, effectively rendering it much less effective as it doesn't now stretch to cover Healing Word for the cleric. Ironically, now the melee cleric has more powers that would trigger this feat (at least at lower levels)

[sblock=Compendium Entry]"Healing Word

You whisper a brief prayer as divine light washes over your target, helping to mend its wounds.

Encounter (Special) Healing
Minor Action Close burst 5 (10 at 11th level, 15 at 21st level)

Target: You or one ally in the burst

Effect: The target can spend a healing surge and regain 1d6 additional hit points.
Level 6: 2d6 additional hit points.
Level 11: 3d6 additional hit points.
Level 16: 4d6 additional hit points.
Level 21: 5d6 additional hit points.
Level 26: 6d6 additional hit points.

Special: You can use this power twice per encounter, but only once per round. At 16th level, you can use this power three times per encounter.

Update (8/2/2010)
Power updated to match Essentials data.[/sblock]

[sblock=Compendium entry for Pacifist Healer]
Pacifist Healer

Heroic Tier
Prerequisite: Cleric
Benefit: When you use a divine power that allows a target to spend a healing surge, the target regains additional hit points equal to 1d6 + your Charisma modifier. The additional hit points increase to 2d6 + your Charisma modifier at 11th level, and to 3d6 + your Charisma modifier at 21st level.
Also, whenever you hit or miss a bloodied enemy and deal damage to it, you are stunned until the end of your next turn.[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
So just found another perhaps either unforeseen change, or stealth nerf, from the recent change to Healing Word. It has lost its Divine keyword in Essentials. Now, what's the big deal you ask? Why let's look at the Pacifist Healer Feat. Well, it states that you must use a DIVINE power that allows the target to use a healing surge to benefit from this power, effectively rendering it much less effective as it doesn't now stretch to cover Healing Word for the cleric. Ironically, now the melee cleric has more powers that would trigger this feat (at least at lower levels)

Stealth nerf.

Pacifist Healer should have never been allowed in the game system in the first place (typically 13 extra free healing per encounter at heroic, 20 at paragon, 30 at 16th, and 40 at epic) and that's just with Healing Word and not considering other healing powers. The gain is just too great compared to the loss, especially with powers like Astra Seal existing.

Compared to Toughness (say for a PC with 8 healing surges who uses them all) at 13, 26 and 39 extra hit points per day (sometimes 8 more depending on hit points total pre-toughness), PH is huge (gaining in a single encounter with Healing Word alone as many additional hit points as Toughness gives in an entire day). So, they nerfed it.

The math isn't that hard to do. You'd think they would have learned to extrapolate some numbers before allowing a feat or power or item into the game by now. It screwed them over with AC, to hit, and NADs.

Hopefully, Cloak of Courage will be next (hundreds or even over a thousand extra temporary hit points per day).

renau1g

First Post
I would have whole-heartedly agreed re: pacifist healer before the MM3 adjustments , now it is an awesome feat, but I really wish they (wotc) would man up and state the change. I only found out via their forum when someone was discussing the new essentials druid preview. I'm sure most DM's would have missed that.

Where's Cloak of Courage? Couldn't find it in the compendium. Also, I would like them to nerf Spark Slippers. Them + battlemind = 1k DPR...

Luinnar

First Post
Speaking of the new Druid, I love what I've seen so far. Back to being a leader, fun pet, encounter seems fun (though it might get boring after awhile). I always missed the 3E druid, now it is back in a way.

Luinnar

First Post
They gave up wild shape though right?
Looks like they don't get the wild shape at-will. You probably will be able to choose the wild shape utilities though (and the daily summonings) since they can pick those. So add in some controller-ish at-wills and you get the 3E druid.

Good old "I can do everything you can plus more" 3E Druid ;)

Link to the article for those who missed it.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Where's Cloak of Courage? Couldn't find it in the compendium.

16th level Cleric power out of Divine Power.

Encounter power: Each target (i.e. ally) gains temporary hit points equal to his or her healing surge value. Temporary hit points do not reset until a rest. So, use the power after each rest.

If the 16th level PCs have 100 average hit points (a bit low) and there are 5 PCs including the Cleric, then that's 100 free temporary hit points per encounter. 5 Encounters = 500 extra temporary hit points. At level 30, that could easily be 170 or more temporary hit points per encounter or over 1000 temporary hit points if the day has 6 encounters.

The same 16th level Cure Critical Wounds would be ~75 hit points per day at level 16, not 500.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases