LEB Discussion Thread '10 Pt 2

twilsemail

First Post
Yes, that got mired down in discussion with no real good solutions proposed. So for now, the rules haven't changed. The only reasonable solution at this point might be to change the LEB bonus to a feat bonus and be done with it. Course, that will prevent some other feats from even being ussable at all, but shrug...

Or make them both "Expertise" bonuses and let them stack with anything other than themselves. If someone wants to burn a feat and gain that +1 early but lose a bit of luster with that feat later on, I say let them.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
I actually would encourage many people to let their DDI subscriptions expire in order to get WotC to stop screwing with their customer base, but that's a personal decision for everyone.
*Shrug* Compendium stills worth it for me, but I have the freedom of discretionary income and lots of patience.

If someone wants to propose something Re: Expertise, go right ahead. I'll read it.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Or make them both "Expertise" bonuses and let them stack with anything other than themselves. If someone wants to burn a feat and gain that +1 early but lose a bit of luster with that feat later on, I say let them.

The problem with this solution is the new Essential feats (and some other older feats as well). One could get an Essential feat Feat bonus plus an Expertise feat Expertise and be +2 to hit and an Superior Implement Accurate feat Unnamed bonus and be +3 to hit. +3 to hit with 3 feats is too potent and at level 5, that would be +3 to hit with 2 feats. It's a darn shame that WotC screwed up the math in the first place and then added Accuracy. They kept claiming (3 years ago) that they weren't going to do that. Adding to hit bonuses that are heavily conditional is a game design flaw.

One could take multiple specific WotC feat bonus feats (i.e. the ones with the word Expertise in their name) and make them Expertise feats instead, but that kind of defeats the purpose.

Making the LEB bonus a feat bonus limits it to +2 with 2 feats and +2 with 1 feat at level 5. The PCs here already have this.

Course, if we are going to discuss this, we probably should resurrect that thread.

twilsemail

First Post
What I meant by "both" was "both the current expertise ruling and the new expertise feats." I spologise for being lax in my explanation.

This would mean that, in fact, people could not take the new expertise feats and gain a +2 to hit becuase they would be similarly typed.

Walking Dad

First Post
Please resurrect the thread.

And please don't make it another feat category. I think feat bonus is great and there shouldn't that much power stack that give a to-hit bonus. IMHO, the best solution would to get rid of the houserule entirely. Who cares if it is a feat tax if everyone will pay it? When you start at level 4, you got at least 3 feats anyway. Now (with Essentials) you can still choose another nifty bonus with the 'expertise feats'.

And, for the record, I never liked the 'hidden' racial expertise feats.

renau1g

First Post
ha ha ha, aaah... VTT, good one.

Yeah I'd have to send a written apology to WOTC if that happened...

[MENTION=82643]CaBaNa[/MENTION] - get your writing pen out...

"It’s time for a look at the next digital product we’re working on for D&D – The Dungeons & Dragons Virtual Table! The D&D VT is an online tool that Dungeon Masters and adventurers can use to run and participate virtually in D&D tabletop adventures. The tool has a whole bunch of features such as dungeon tiles for making maps, monster and character tokens, avatars that can be statted out and initiative and attack rollers. Users will need access to the rules and information found in the Dungeons & Dragons tabletop Roleplaying Game Core Rules in order to use the D&D VT. "

Whoops! Browser Settings Incompatible

evilbob

Explorer
The virtual table is apparently not compatible with the online Character Builder or Monster Tools.

So don't get your apology pen out just yet.

dimsdale

First Post
To the judges

I'm currently able to read incoming e-mail, but not send any out going mail. I can resolve this issue by contacting my internet provider, which I plan to do next week. Until then, I can't send CS approvals to the judges.

here is the CS for Rumbum Requesting approval for lvl 6.

thanks

dimsdale

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases