[Recruiting] A scholar in need

Someone

Adventurer
This is the OoC recruiting thread for the short vignette "A scholar in need". We'll discuss party composition, posting rules and other out of character matters here, while keeping the IC chat back at the Tavern thread.

Have in mind that I'd prefer 1st level characters without much mechanical complexity, you won't probably level up with the experience from this adventure alone, that my intention is to keep a quick posting pace and that it should be over in around 6 weeks.

Right now I'd like a post for every player that's interested.

Fyrm

First Post
Merc's in. He's a leader, plain and simple. And I should have no problem with keeping up with posts. iPhones are so helpful.

rb780nm

First Post
Sound of stone is in.

[sblock=Quick Stats]Sound of Stone, Thri-kreen Monk 1
Speaks in Lime Italics
HP
24/25 Temp HP 0
Initiative
+5
AC
17, Fort 13, Reflex 16, Will 13 AP 1, Surges 8/8
Centered Flurry of Blows

Crane's Wings
Five Storms
Thri-kreen Claws
Open the Gates of Battle

Masterful Spiral

Special
[/sblock]

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
It looks like you have a defender, leader, and 2 strikers, but I'll throw my hat in the ring.
Artemis is warlord/warlock. 1/2 leader, 1/2 striker.
I also understand if you don't need my services, but happy if you want me anyway :).

More info: Second character.

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
Very well, looks like we have a viable group. I'll let thing rest a couple days for two reasons: I want to see if a player with "higer priority" wants a place, and also I'd like to review your sheets. I wouldn't also object to another character, so when the inevitable RL-related casualty or sudden dissapearance happens we end with a regular sized party.

CaBaNa

First Post
I'm interested as well, with Dante Mephisto Gilgamesh. However I'm low on the acceptance list as he is a funky class combo, wizard|artificer hybrid multiclass assassin. Also he's level 2... But the adventure hook is perfect for him! There is more than enough level 1 characters to bump him from the list of accepted PCs.

Someone

Adventurer
I've had a quick review at your sheets and they seem to be in order with just minor errors. So far Mercurial, Bones, Ianward, Sound of Stone and Artemis are in provided no first characters show interest. I'd take Halcyon too, but looks like another adventure is brewing and they may need a defender too. In any case it shouldn't be difficult o recruit a new member if there's any casualty.

I'll add the posting and combat rules. You won't find nothing out of the ordinary here.

[sblock=posting rules]OK, these are the combat rules.
Initiative: I’ll roll for all the enemies as a big group. If players are initiating themselves combat, they may roll initiative, if not I’ll do it myself: that’ll save one round of posting.

Notice that initiative, rolled this way becomes relevant only the first round. Essentially, grants the characters that beat the monster’s initiative an extra action. Suppose a party of 5 with the following initiatives:
A:19
B:17
C:15
Monsters:12
D:10
E:8
In this example A, B and C would act, followed by monsters, followed by D, E, A, B, C and monsters again. As you can see, once the monsters act for the first time, it’s everyone’s turn – but A, B and C got previously an action. This is standard custom around here IIRC so there shouldn’t be any problem with it.

The order the characters act in a given round will be determined, as is custom in these boards, by the posting order; if you want to go before or after a certain party member, just post before or after him or say that you delay to go after certain character. I’ll be lenient and allow variations on this if required and doesn’t involve a lot of retconning. For example, you as a leader may want to go before the melee striker to give him a bonus to hit or damage, even if you post after him. This only involves adding a number. But if a controller rearranges the battlefield and moves people out of the striker’s range, that means changing his action completely; that should be avoided.

I’ll reserve the right to change your actions for the sake of pace, but only if the new action doesn’t alter your strategy significantly. For example, you posted you attacked Minion 1, but he’s dead because of unexpected effects before you can act. If there’s a Minion 2 you can reach with the same actions and that doesn’t alter your overall strategy (say you could be protecting fellow party members, and hunting that Minion 2 would leave them in the open) then you’ll attack Minion 2. Other circumstance that could happen are final, mopping rounds where you keep using at-wills and nothing really important happens. In this case I may roll up two rounds into one.

If you may speed up combat by rolling for the bad guys, do it too. For example, say there is an enemy above you on a cliff, shooting at you. One of you pulls him with a ranged power; if the enemy fails his saving throw, he’d fall down, be prone and in the range of melee combatants. Normally the DM would be the one rolling this save, but in this case is justified for you to do so. Same applies for Opportunity attacks you may provoke; I’ll post the foe’s stats so you can roll them.

It’d be considerate of you to have in mind the possible use of Interrupt and reaction powers that could alter the monster’s round and include conditional instructions (“I’ll use my Trip the Enemy While he´s Moving encounter power if the Dire Otter moves within my range”) If not you may use them after I post the bad guy’s actions, provided the interrupt doesn’t disrupt the previous round terribly.

Please have in mind that I don’t have access to every book, don’t have a DDI subscription, and in any case don’t know every rule and errata to every rule and power that appears in books I own by heart, so the more detailed and clearly your posts are the better. If you post simply that you use certain feat, I may not know what it does; at the very least, post damage and conditions it inflicts and other secondary effects.

Finally, I will be doing most rolls with physical dice, not using Invisible Castle or the integrated dice roller. As you may know, posting as a DM requires a lot of time, especially for combat posts and linking all those rolls for the bad guys adds a lot of time. You’ll simply have to trust me and think I’m rolling behind the screen (though I'll post the result of the roll, that's it, what AC or defense they hit, etc, so you can use interrupts). [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases