D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] A scholar in need (DM:Someone, Judge: Renau1g)

+ Log in or register to post

Hybrid View

Guide (Lvl 11)

° Ignore Someone

[Adventure] A scholar in need (DM:Someone, Judge: Renau1g)

Cast of characters:

mercurial, level 1 changeling artificer.
    Bones level 1 human rogue.
    Ianward, level 1 human battlemind.
    Sound of Stone, level 1 bug monk.
    Artemis, level 1 human warlordk.

Domenicos goes out of the Hanged Man Tavern with you. He still flinches when he glances at Sound or your weapons clang a little too loud, but he seems used to your company. "Thogorius' house is this way. He actually lives next to my own home" he says.

GM: Any last minute preparations? By the way, Mercurial seems to have 1 skill less than the allowed amount: I count only 4 and Artificers seem able to get Arcana and other 4 skills.
    Last edited by Someone; Tuesday, 12th October, 2010 at 09:17 PM.

PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

° Ignore renau1g
    The bartender waves as the group leaves the tavern "Be safe, I hope ta see you back in here in a bit." the man says.

ooc

I can judge this

Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

° Ignore Otakkun
    OOC: I barely have enough gold to buy some rations as it is, so I guess I'm ok =)

"Sure. What else can you tell us about this whole issue?"
    asks Ian as they walk.
    L4W: Shrakk| L4W: Ianward Milner| LEB: Garrick d'Orien| LEB: Kaelan| LFP: Xan Millstone

Novice (Lvl 1)

° Ignore orkish_blade
    "I'm ready, Domenicos. I should have enough food and water for a few days. " Bones steps along quietly along with the clang of the armor from some of the other members of the band. "On our way, why don't you tell us a little more about what you and Thogorius have been researching lately?"
    Last edited by orkish_blade; Tuesday, 12th October, 2010 at 09:29 PM. Reason: tweak

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

° Ignore rb780nm
    OOC: Sound of Stone is here and good to go.

"Yes, we go now. The sooner we are looking, the sooner we are finding, indeed?" The 'kreen's mandibles clatter and squeal while he talks, but the approximation to common coming from his mouth gets easier to understand as you spend more time around him.

"Remember me if my clutchmates come looking?"He asks the bartender. "I be back soon"

After a few steps in to the street, he springs up to an awning above the road and scans the crowd around you. He drops down, with noticeably less enthusiasm. "No clutchmates near here now. Hopefully they be waiting for us when we have found Thogorius" His speaking parts stumble, mangling the name.

Quick Stats
    Sound of Stone, Thri-kreen Monk 1 Speaks in Lime Italics HP 24/25 Temp HP 0 Initiative +5 AC 17, Fort 13, Reflex 16, Will 13 AP 1, Surges 8/8 Centered Flurry of Blows, Crane's Wings, Five Storms, Thri-kreen Claws, Open the Gates of Battle, Masterful Spiral, Special
    Wiki page: http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:SoundofStone_%28rb780nm%29
    Last edited by rb780nm; Tuesday, 12th October, 2010 at 10:02 PM. Reason: fixing typos

Guide (Lvl 11)

° Ignore Someone
    Quote Originally Posted by orkish_blade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    "I'm ready, Domenicos. I should have enough food and water for a few days. "
    Days!" laughs Domenicos "oh no, oh no! I'm, well, we are going to Thogorius' place. It's, you know, embarrasing to have been so worried since he's probably there, but if in the meantime, which shouldn't take more than half an hour, you can keep your eyes open for him... he's...

But only Artemis continues listening at the sage's blabbering, since Sound of Stone, in his jumping around, has spotted not a member of his clutch but a suspicious figure that seems to be watching them. When he lands he discreetly signals the others, who immediately notice him too.

The figure, a man by all appearances a local thug or thief, quickly detects your interest on him and runs away.

Novice (Lvl 1)

° Ignore Fyrm
    after a strange sound, the same mechanical sound you heard when Mercurial mentioned Scrapper, Mercurial ages at an astounding rate, and takes on the guise of a Dwarf women. Stop that man! The old Dwarf women yells. He stole my purse! But no one is fooled, the change being so obvious, so Mercurial takes up the chase.
    Roll Lookup
    OOC:
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    GM: By the way, Mercurial seems to have 1 skill less than the allowed amount: I count only 4 and Artificers seem able to get Arcana and other 4 skills.
    sorry. not sure why I missed that. all fixed now.
    also, thought I'd try an unconventional approach here. too bad I rolled so low, I might have created a fun situation.

Defender (Lvl 8)

° Ignore FourMonos
    Artemis happily leaves to help the clerk locate his friend, assuring the new acquaintances at the tavern they'll be back soon. A simple walk to be sure. As Domenicos indicated, his friend is likely safe at home. He makes small talk as they walk, "Your work usually entails? ... No, I think that weights and measures can be very interesting... I'm sure balancing that schedule can be quite stressful... Yes, yes, I agree the current political environment does beg for change..."

Artemis is so engrossed, and mildly bored, he doesn't initially see the suspicious character.

When his colleagues rush off after the man, Artemis assures Domenicos they'll be right back and runs after the group.

mini-stats
    Atremis Harks- Male Human Hybrid: Warlord/Warlock 1
    Darkspiral Aura: 0
    Initiative: +0, Passive perception: 9, Passive Insight: 9
    AC: 16, For: 15, Ref: 16, Will: 15
    HP: 24/24, Bloodied: 12, Surge value: 6, Surges/day: 7/7 Speed: 6 squares. Languages: Common, Primordial
    AP: 1, Second Wind: unused
    Powers: Eldritch Strike, Spiteful Glamor, Furious Smash, Darkspiral Aura, Battlefront Shift, Hammer and Anvil, Inspiring Word, Lead by Example
    Last edited by FourMonos; Wednesday, 13th October, 2010 at 04:00 AM.

+ Log in or register to post