D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] A scholar in need (DM:Someone, Judge: Renau1g)


What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 162
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    Someone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Porcˇpolis
    Posts
    6,537
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore Someone
    My communities:

    [Adventure] A scholar in need (DM:Someone, Judge: Renau1g)

    Cast of characters:

    mercurial, level 1 changeling artificer.
    Bones level 1 human rogue.
    Ianward, level 1 human battlemind.
    Sound of Stone, level 1 bug monk.
    Artemis, level 1 human warlordk.

    Domenicos goes out of the Hanged Man Tavern with you. He still flinches when he glances at Sound or your weapons clang a little too loud, but he seems used to your company. "Thogorius' house is this way. He actually lives next to my own home" he says.

    GM: Any last minute preparations? By the way, Mercurial seems to have 1 skill less than the allowed amount: I count only 4 and Artificers seem able to get Arcana and other 4 skills.
    Last edited by Someone; Tuesday, 12th October, 2010 at 10:17 PM.

 

  • #2
    PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    renau1g's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,816
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore renau1g
    My communities:

    The bartender waves as the group leaves the tavern "Be safe, I hope ta see you back in here in a bit." the man says.

    ooc

    I can judge this

  • #3
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    South America
    Posts
    694
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore Otakkun
    My communities:

    OOC: I barely have enough gold to buy some rations as it is, so I guess I'm ok =)


    "Sure. What else can you tell us about this whole issue?"
    asks Ian as they walk.
    L4W: Shrakk| L4W: Ianward Milner| LEB: Garrick d'Orien| LEB: Kaelan| LFP: Xan Millstone

  • #4
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    orkish_blade's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL 60605
    Posts
    36
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore orkish_blade
    "I'm ready, Domenicos. I should have enough food and water for a few days. " Bones steps along quietly along with the clang of the armor from some of the other members of the band. "On our way, why don't you tell us a little more about what you and Thogorius have been researching lately?"
    Last edited by orkish_blade; Tuesday, 12th October, 2010 at 10:29 PM. Reason: tweak

  • #5
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)



    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sydney, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    794
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore rb780nm
    My communities:

    OOC: Sound of Stone is here and good to go.


    "Yes, we go now. The sooner we are looking, the sooner we are finding, indeed?" The 'kreen's mandibles clatter and squeal while he talks, but the approximation to common coming from his mouth gets easier to understand as you spend more time around him.

    "Remember me if my clutchmates come looking?"He asks the bartender. "I be back soon"

    After a few steps in to the street, he springs up to an awning above the road and scans the crowd around you. He drops down, with noticeably less enthusiasm. "No clutchmates near here now. Hopefully they be waiting for us when we have found Thogorius" His speaking parts stumble, mangling the name.

    Quick Stats
    Sound of Stone, Thri-kreen Monk 1 Speaks in Lime Italics HP 24/25 Temp HP 0 Initiative +5 AC 17, Fort 13, Reflex 16, Will 13 AP 1, Surges 8/8 Centered Flurry of Blows, Crane's Wings, Five Storms, Thri-kreen Claws, Open the Gates of Battle, Masterful Spiral, Special
    Wiki page: http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:SoundofStone_%28rb780nm%29
    Last edited by rb780nm; Tuesday, 12th October, 2010 at 11:02 PM. Reason: fixing typos

  • #6
    Registered User
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    Someone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Porcˇpolis
    Posts
    6,537
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore Someone
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by orkish_blade View Post
    "I'm ready, Domenicos. I should have enough food and water for a few days. "
    Days!" laughs Domenicos "oh no, oh no! I'm, well, we are going to Thogorius' place. It's, you know, embarrasing to have been so worried since he's probably there, but if in the meantime, which shouldn't take more than half an hour, you can keep your eyes open for him... he's...

    But only Artemis continues listening at the sage's blabbering, since Sound of Stone, in his jumping around, has spotted not a member of his clutch but a suspicious figure that seems to be watching them. When he lands he discreetly signals the others, who immediately notice him too.

    The figure, a man by all appearances a local thug or thief, quickly detects your interest on him and runs away.

  • #7
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)



    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    99
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore Fyrm
    after a strange sound, the same mechanical sound you heard when Mercurial mentioned Scrapper, Mercurial ages at an astounding rate, and takes on the guise of a Dwarf women. Stop that man! The old Dwarf women yells. He stole my purse! But no one is fooled, the change being so obvious, so Mercurial takes up the chase.
    Roll Lookup
    OOC:
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone View Post
    GM: By the way, Mercurial seems to have 1 skill less than the allowed amount: I count only 4 and Artificers seem able to get Arcana and other 4 skills.
    sorry. not sure why I missed that. all fixed now.
    also, thought I'd try an unconventional approach here. too bad I rolled so low, I might have created a fun situation.

  • #8
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    FourMonos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    IN
    Posts
    2,288
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore FourMonos
    Artemis happily leaves to help the clerk locate his friend, assuring the new acquaintances at the tavern they'll be back soon. A simple walk to be sure. As Domenicos indicated, his friend is likely safe at home. He makes small talk as they walk, "Your work usually entails? ... No, I think that weights and measures can be very interesting... I'm sure balancing that schedule can be quite stressful... Yes, yes, I agree the current political environment does beg for change..."

    Artemis is so engrossed, and mildly bored, he doesn't initially see the suspicious character.

    When his colleagues rush off after the man, Artemis assures Domenicos they'll be right back and runs after the group.

    mini-stats
    Atremis Harks- Male Human Hybrid: Warlord/Warlock 1
    Status: quo
    Darkspiral Aura: 0
    Initiative: +0, Passive perception: 9, Passive Insight: 9
    AC: 16, For: 15, Ref: 16, Will: 15
    HP: 24/24, Bloodied: 12, Surge value: 6, Surges/day: 7/7 Speed: 6 squares. Languages: Common, Primordial
    AP: 1, Second Wind: unused
    Powers: Eldritch Strike, Spiteful Glamor, Furious Smash, Darkspiral Aura, Battlefront Shift, Hammer and Anvil, Inspiring Word, Lead by Example
    Last edited by FourMonos; Wednesday, 13th October, 2010 at 05:00 AM.

  • #9
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)



    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sydney, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    794
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore rb780nm
    My communities:

    Sound of Stone leaps back towards the next awning, trying to stay above the crowd and follow the strange man from the rooftops.



    With a screech and a clatter of chitin he looses his footing and ends up back on the ground in a cloud of dust. He picks himself up and dashes after the others, brushing the dust off his carapace with his three free hands. In his fourth, he holds his sling with a bullet ready.

    Quick Stats
    Sound of Stone, Thri-kreen Monk 1 Speaks in Lime Italics HP 24/25 Temp HP 0 Initiative +5 AC 17, Fort 13, Reflex 16, Will 13 AP 1, Surges 8/8 Centered Flurry of Blows, Crane's Wings, Five Storms, Thri-kreen Claws, Open the Gates of Battle, Masterful Spiral, Special
    Wiki page: http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:SoundofStone_%28rb780nm%29
    Last edited by rb780nm; Wednesday, 13th October, 2010 at 05:10 AM. Reason: Continuity fix

  • #10
    Registered User
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    Someone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Porcˇpolis
    Posts
    6,537
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore Someone
    My communities:

    The group darts in pursuit of the suspicious man, followed by a confused Domenicos. The most agile and bonucy of you are gaining on him, but while the Hanged Man wasn't located in the most upper-class part of the city you're quickly entering the shadiest one. The quickest of you stop dead in your tracks, allowing the slowest members of the group to catch, when you face the thug you wee following surrounded by two heavily armed men. Other awful looking individuals armed with cheap weapons start maneuvering, trying to surround the group.

    Domenicos arrives, and with a mouse-like scream dives directly into the first hiding place he finds.

    They are no immediately hostile, however, but look ready for violence. The armed men are two: they wear matching chainmail armor of foreing origin* and carry heavy polearms, and are flanked by two local "enforcers" ready to draw long knives. Other thugs, less of a threat to your trained eyes, try to get into better positions.

    "You" says one of the better armed soldiers. "I'll only ask once. Where's Thogorius?"

    *history 15
    You identify some of the armor's features that suggest they were made in the city state of Theotocopolis

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] Rhapsody Part 2 (Judge: renau1g)
      By KarinsDad in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 616
      Last Post: Thursday, 17th January, 2013, 03:27 AM
    2. [Adventure] Kingmaker (DM:renau1g; judge: garyh)
      By renau1g in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 748
      Last Post: Thursday, 20th October, 2011, 02:23 PM
    3. [Adventure] Marna is Missing (DM: pacdidj, Judge: renau1g)
      By pacdidj in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1082
      Last Post: Friday, 12th November, 2010, 09:58 PM
    4. [Adventure] The Paper Chase (Judge: renau1g)
      By Antithetist in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 688
      Last Post: Sunday, 7th November, 2010, 04:35 PM
    5. [Adventure] The Second Day of Mourning (Judge: renau1g)
      By Kalidrev in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 1003
      Last Post: Thursday, 4th March, 2010, 06:54 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •