[Adventure] A scholar in need (DM:Someone, Judge: Renau1g)

orkish_blade

Explorer
Bones is quick to retrieve a dagger from his boot and he leaps into action, following Artemis's direction. He hurls himself across the water to the other side of the room, and spinning dramatically, looses the dagger at the halberdier. It hits the thug in the thigh, the hilt sticking out of the man's leg painfully. Seeing no where to hide, Bones prepares to defend himself, "That was brilliant," he mutters under his breath.

[sblock=Actions]
Free: shift to F3 using battlefront shift.
Minor: draw dagger.
Move: move to J7, leaping over the water (Athletics check, 1d20 + 7 = 22, cleared 2 squares!).
Standard: sly flourish with thrown dagger at halberdier, 1d20 + 7 vs. AC = 26 for 7 damage.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Quick Stats]
Bones, level 1 human rogue
hp 29/29, surges 7/7; AC 16, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 12;
available: easy target (daily), second wind, torturous strike; 2 daggers
expended: action point; 1 dagger thrown [E8]
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]I forgot to add the ranged penalty since the halberdier is 6 squares away after Sound's action... it's a hit anyways.

Er, disregard the above comment... It's still only 5 squares. I'm very bad with the grid coordinates, drives my players nuts in the PBeM game that I run.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Otakkun

Explorer
OOC: Minor comment ... I should be be carrying 1 point of damage, not 17. Another minor comment ... for some reason my persisten harrier power is not listed on my character sheet. Need to fix that ASAP.
Regarding that ... the first arrow was just "fluff" or was it an actual attack? If its the later I need to know which archer did it due to my persistent harrier power. Once I know that I can post.

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: Minor comment ... I should be be carrying 1 point of damage, not 17. Another minor comment ... for some reason my persisten harrier power is not listed on my character sheet. Need to fix that ASAP.
Regarding that ... the first arrow was just "fluff" or was it an actual attack? If its the later I need to know which archer did it due to my persistent harrier power. Once I know that I can post.

OOC: I copied an pasted from somewhere and I somehow didn't delete the 17 damage; it should read "fine". I assumed, in the cases where you didn't say anything, that you all would spend surges to get yourselves to full HP, as you can see in the "status" section of the combat post.

The arrow attack was fluff.

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: Otakkun, you can't move there. First, there's a wall in the way. As I said (I admit wth typos) in the "terrain" section, you must move through the e1 or e2 squares if you want to enter he hall, so you don't have enough movement to reach there. Second, that spot is raised 10 feet.

Otakkun

Explorer
OOC: Oh ... damn. I'll redo my turn ASAP. Not to mention that my speed is actually 5. Grrr, I'm ashamed.

"Ok people, get moving!", as he speaks, Ian sprints into action, taking advantage of Stone's positioning to get a good hit on the man with the halberd.
[sblock=Actions]
Move to D-5
Charge Halberdier at E-8: (1d20+11=22 vs AC, 1d8+5=9 damage)
Minor: Mark Halberdier [/sblock]

[sblock=Combat Stats]Ian Milner, Human Battlemind 1
Speaks in Sienna
HP 34/35 Temp HP
Initiative +1
AC 19, Fort 16, Reflex 14, Will 14
AP 1, Surges 11/14
Power Points 2/2
Persistent Harrier [ ]
Aspect of Bitter Ice [ ]

Special
Marked Halberdier at E-8
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
The soldier survives your initial barrage of attacks, but badly bruised he retreats towards the main group where he joins the metallic dog, which descends the stairs with glowing red eyes. The mage barks an order, and protected by their high ground they unleash a barrage of arrows and magical energy. Ianward, ducking behind his shield, is unharmed, but Sound of Stone and Bones are grazed by an arrow and singed by magical lightning.

[sblock=status]

Sound of stone: 8 damage, Healing surges 5/8
Bones: 12 damage, Action point used
Ianward: Healing surges: 11/14
Artemis: Fine
Mercurial: Healing surges 5/7
Halberdier: 30 damage, bloodied, marked.
Archer 1: Fine
Archer 2: fine
Mage: Fine
Dog: Fine
[/sblock]

[sblock=actions]
Battlefront shift on Bones.
Sound moves and fails with power of long name, uses racial power, flurries and slides soldier for a total of 14 damage.
Bones moves, uses Sly Flourish, deals 7 damage to halberdier.
Ianward moves, hits halberdier for 9 damage, marks him.
Halberdier shifts to F9 and retreats
Dog double moves
Mage uses Dancing Lightning, fails Sound and Ianward, hits Bones for 12 damage.
Archers move, hit Sound for 8 damage, fail to hit Ianward.
[/sblock]

[sblock=map]
Scholar202.jpg
[/sblock]
[sblock=terrain]The stair where you currently are have solid walls that prevent you from going directly south. You currently have no line of sight or effect to any enemy, and to move through the e1 or e2 squares.
The water is deep enough to cover you, so you’d have to swim if you fall in it.
The raised squares are 10 feet above the main floor.[/sblock]

[sblock=enemy stats]
Halberdier:
AC=18, Fort 16, Ref 15, Will 14
MBA: Halberd; +8 Vs AC 1d10+3 damage and marks target.

Dog:
AC 18, Fort 16 Ref 15 Will 13
MBA: +9 Vs AC, 1d8+6 damage

Archer
AC=15 Fort 11 Ref 13 Will 12
MBA +5 VsAC, 1d6+4 damage

Epigenes
AC=17 Fort 13 Ref 14 Will 15
MBA +4 VS ac, 1d8 damage[/sblock]

OOC: It took me too long to post, but I¡ve been busy today and I'm not at my usual computer, which means I had to use a free image editing program instead of photoshop. That's = more work.

Last edited:

rb780nm

First Post
Ignore this move, the legal version is a couple of posts below.

OOC: I think I should have had an OA on the halbardier when he retreated - I'll roll for it, and you can disregard if i'm wrong.

OA on Halbardier (1d20+3=9, 1d8=2) :p

Sound of stone tries to strike the retreating soldier, but his strikes are weak as he is distracted by the arrows coming towards him.

Sound of stone then turns towards the raised platform and, flexing his strong insectoid legs, he leaps for the open space in front of him.

OOC:
Athletics to jump onto the platform (1d20+7=15)+5 from Cranes' wings movement technique

I count as running start, so I can jump 4 squares, which takes me to B9

As he passes Epigenes, Sound of Stone plants his spear in the ground and pivots around it, launching a kick at the wizard, that fails to connect.

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: I think I should have had an OA on the halbardier when he retreated - I'll roll for it, and you can disregard if i'm wrong.
OOC:

Nope, he shifted out of reach, then moved. Edit: oops, which reminds me of Ianward's abilities. He can move to any square adjacent to F9 and make that AoO.

OOC:
Athletics to jump onto the platform (1d20+7=15)+5 from Cranes' wings movement technique

I count as running start, so I can jump 4 squares, which takes me to B9

I won't allow that move. That'd be 4 squares if it was a long jump. The rules distinguish between long and high jumps (jumping 10 feet straight up would need a roll of 40 or more, depending on how generously you interpret the rules) and you can't just count the squares moved vertically as part of the long jump.

I'll allow you to change your actions instead of deciding you jut failed the jump check and wasted that move action.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases