[Adventure] A scholar in need (DM:Someone, Judge: Renau1g)

Fyrm

First Post
Isn't that the guy we are looking for? Maybe we can all look for him together? the old Dwarf women suddenly becomes an average looking male human.

Otakkun

Explorer
"Somehow I doubt it will be as easy as that," replies Ianward as he takes a defensive stance, grabbing his shield.

"Now, how shall we solve this? You're sorely mistaken if you think your little act is going to have any effect, so let me ask you, what do you want with him? I'll suggest we part ways this time, unless you have other ideas in mind" he tells the armored man.

[sblock=Combat Stats]Ian Milner, Human Battlemind 1
Speaks in Sienna
HP 35/35 Temp HP 0
Initiative +1
AC 19, Fort 16, Reflex 14, Will 14
AP 1, Surges 14/14
Power Points 2/2
Aspect of Bitter Ice [ ]

Special
[/sblock]

rb780nm

First Post
OOC: I've only been in the isles for a few days, but somehow: history (1d20+1=15) Hooray for abstract systems ;)

Sound of Stone puts his sling away, but keeps both it and his spear in easy reach on his hip and back respectively.

rb780nm

First Post
Sound of Stone lowers his voice, just loud enough for the party to hear. "The other day, when I was coming into the city, I met some men in armor like that. They were from a place called Theotocopolis."

[sblock=Quick Stats]Sound of Stone, Thri-kreen Monk 1 Speaks in Lime Italics HP 24/25 Temp HP 0 Initiative +5 AC 17, Fort 13, Reflex 16, Will 13 AP 1, Surges 8/8 Centered Flurry of Blows, Crane's Wings, Five Storms, Thri-kreen Claws, Open the Gates of Battle, Masterful Spiral, Special
Wiki page: PC:SoundofStone (rb780nm) - L4W Wiki
[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
Artemis is puffing when he stops running. His hands on his knees.

"Whoa... whoa... Hold up..." His hand up before him.

He straightens up. "So are what you really asking is, 'have we seen Thogorius?' or are you really asking 'do we have to eliminate these guys so they don't find him first?' "

"Because I'm thinking you know the answer to number 1. And you are not going to be happy with the answer to number 2."

Artemis slides his sword out of his scabbard.

[sblock=history] 1d20 +2 → [11,2] = (13) Roll Lookup . Someone, I wasn't sure from the post rules, do you still want us to use IC for our rolls? [/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Atremis Harks- Male Human Hybrid: Warlord/Warlock 1
Darkspiral Aura: 0
Initiative: +0, Passive perception: 9, Passive Insight: 9
AC: 16, For: 15, Ref: 16, Will: 15 HP: 24/24, Bloodied: 12, Surge value: 6, Surges/day: 7/7
Speed: 6 squares, Languages: Common, Primordial AP: 1, Second Wind: unused
Powers: Eldritch Strike, Spiteful Glamor, Furious Smash, Darkspiral Aura, Battlefront Shift, Hammer and Anvil, Inspiring Word, Lead by Example[/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
"Oh, yes?" says the soldier, though who he's answering is not clear. "In that case - Get them!"

[sblock=Initiative]

Bones 24
Sound of Stone 21
Ianward 16
Enemies 15
Artemis 14
Mercurial 3

Remember that this means that Bones, Sound of Stone and Ianward have a round and they should be the only ones posting. Then I'll run all the enemies at once, and then the entire party will act[/sblock]

[sblock=status]

Sound of stone: Fine
Bones: Fine
Ianward: Fine
Artemis: Fine
Mercurial: Fine
Halberdier 1: Fine
Halberdier 2: Fine
Thug 1: Fine
Thug 2: Fine
Minion 1: Fine
[/sblock]

[sblock=actions]
None yet
[/sblock]

[sblock=map]
Scholar101.jpg
[/sblock]
[sblock=terrain]The various stand, fountains, etc offer cover and count as very difficult terrain (3 squares to enter). Once inside, you have cover against melee and ranged attacks but your own melee attacks have a -2 penalty to hit.

I hope is clear what do each token represent.[/sblock]

[sblock=enemy stats]
Halberdiers:
AC=18, Fort 16, Ref 15, Will 14
MBA: Halberd; +8 Vs AC 1d10+3 damage and marks target.

Thugs:
AC=18, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 12
MA: Short sword +6 vs AC , 1d8+3 damage

Lesser thugs:
AC=15, Fort 13, Ref 11, Will 11 (+2 if there are at least 2 other lesser thugs within 5 squares)
MA: club +6 vs AC , 5 damage[/sblock]

GM: Remember to detail your posts as much as you feel it's neccesary - everything you don't accurately say I have to deduct or ask. That may be time consuming for me, or delaying to the game, or just not what you wanted to do.

Otakkun

Explorer
OOC: Give me a couple of minutes until I've finished laughing at the token faces. :D

"Bad move" replies Ianward as he quickly moves to take care of two of the thugs.

As his blade bites deep into both of his chosen foes, he lets a nasty grin to appear on his face.

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: draw sword.
Move to G-3
Vicious Cobra Strike on F-2 & H-2 (1d20+8=25 vs AC, 1d20+8=16 vs AC), 5 damage to each and they are marked uent. [/sblock]

[sblock=Combat Stats]Ian Milner, Human Battlemind 1
Speaks in Sienna
HP 35/35 Temp HP 0
Initiative +1
AC 19, Fort 16, Reflex 14, Will 14
AP 1, Surges 14/14
Power Points 2/2
Persistent Harrier [ ]
Aspect of Bitter Ice [ ]

Special
Readied Persistent Harrier against the first one to attack him.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
[sblock=Ack! So fast!] I forgot to mention that I have Battlefront Shift, which allows one ally to shift half their movement before battle begins. Maybe not so much of a problem this battle, as they are all on one side of us, but it could be very helpful later. If Sound or Bones wants to use it now, just go ahead. [/sblock]

orkish_blade

Explorer
Sensing trouble, Bones gives Domenicos a wink and slips around behind one of the market stalls, attempting to stay out of sight. He quickly draws a dagger and throws it end-over-end at one of the halberd-wielding goons.

[sblock=Actions]Move: move to K4 with Stealth check to hide (if allowed) 1d20 + 9 = 10.
Minor: Draw dagger.
Standard: Throw dagger at halberdier (combat adv from hiding not included) 1d20 + 8 vs. AC = 22 for 7 damage, and possibly 11 extra damage from sneak attack.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]Bones, level 1 human rogue -- hp 29/29; AC 16, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 12; available: action point, easy target (daily), second wind, torturous strike; expended: --[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Wow a lot happened fast, I'll try to post more often, but I'm not sure I'll have much of a chance to do more than one post per day -- sure would have loved to try the secret thieves' handshake before brawling... next time, perhaps.[/sblock]

rb780nm

First Post
[sblock=Quick Stats]Sound of Stone, Thri-kreen Monk 1 Speaks in Lime Italics HP 24/25 Temp HP 0 Initiative +5 AC 17, Fort 13, Reflex 16, Will 13 AP 1, Surges 8/8 Centered Flurry of Blows, Crane's Wings, Five Storms, Thri-kreen Claws, Open the Gates of Battle, Masterful Spiral, Special

Wiki page: http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:SoundofStone_(rb780nm)

[/sblock]

Sound of Stone dashes into the center of a nearby knot of adversaries, his lower set of arms reaching behind him as he goes, drawing his spear and passing it to the upper pair.

With a clacking screech - his insectioid ki-ai - he lashes out suddenly, striking his foes with both ends of his spear in a lightning fast flurry of blows, that leaves the two weaker thugs sprawled unconscious or dying. With his free hands, he lashes out at the two remaining assailants, raking his biscuits claws across their faces and bodies.

OOC: Free: draw spear
Move d6
Standard: five storms attack t2, h2, m4

Roll Lookup
T2 16 v ref hit 13hp
H2 25 (crit)v ref hit 13hp
M4 15v ref hit 8hp

Free: flurry of blows on M3 - 4hp

Minor: claws on t2, h2, m4 if he's still alive. Roll Lookup
22,24,23 vs reflex, 9,12,10 damage ( if m4 is already dead then I do 1 less damage to the other two.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases